Login

russian armor

Drop FPS

12 Sep 2021, 20:52 PM

The internet is good and the pc is adequate.

From time to time, FPS drops from 80-90 frames to 30-40.
FPS drops sharply, there is a short-term delay
How to stabilize fps?
29 Oct 2021, 07:04 AM

I'm getting this issue too. Ever since the last patch dropped, I've been getting FPS drops randomly. I've tried turning down all the settings and turning off Vsync (the usual suspect) and so far nothing has solved it. I am convinced that the latest patch started causing these issues because my computer was running the game fine at 120 fps last patch.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and/or know of a fix?
29 Oct 2021, 10:41 AM

I had similar issue, I fixed it by camping outside of bestbuy and getting a 3070.

In all seriousness I think it was the most recent patch, I still get occasional hiccups even though my computer is more than strong enough and I have good internet. It is infuriating since it feels like game is lagging then goes away. It might be one of the settings.
29 Oct 2021, 10:57 AM

Even if you have a strong processor, you can disable replays and gain some fps stability. Also drop the AA and snow quality. Snow quality settings hits hard on snow maps (duuh) and AA is just piss poor in terms of optimization (like the whole game).

If you want to disable replays: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156776308
30 Oct 2021, 02:05 AM

Hmm I've always had replays on so I don't think that's the issue.

My other PC can run CoH2 just fine with no lag. Its slightly worse in terms of specs but better in CPU. I'm pretty sure its not my CPU holding me back either. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling and report back to see if that works.

I've always noticed lag on the main menu screen too (likely due to the background video) which is not present on my other PC. This issue is strange on my main PC too because if I alt-tab then the FPS rises but if I focus on the window, the main menu fps will decrease.

Anyway for comparison:

Main PC specs
i7-9600k @ 4.6ghz
2080 super 8gb
Resolution 3440x1440 (possibly its the ultra wide screen)
Game is on an SSD

Other PC (with no lag)
AMD 3900x
1660 super 6gb
Resolution 1920x1080
Game is on an NVMe
10 Nov 2021, 19:21 PM

I've managed to fix this by reinstalling my Nvidia drivers. Had the latest installed but reinstalling it fixed my frame drops.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.
11 Nov 2021, 18:24 PM

I was also having some horrible FPS problems and I discovered it was Dark Souls Remastered causing the problem for some reason, If I was playing DS before coh2 I would get horrible performance, the only way to fix it was restarting windows.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★