Login

russian armor

Patch Heads-up Notification

10 Sep 2021, 05:14 AM
Strategist Badge

I would like to ask if 24-hour notification prior to the patch release is possible.

Given that replays in this game will be bugged out and unusable or have a big sync-error message in the middle of the screen if used -allowincompatiblereplays launch code, it can be a big hassle for replay recording for content creating. I make tutorial videos and have to record a lot of matches/moments to make the demonstration feels natural and the sudden patch wipes all of the replays. I can remake them, but I also think a heads-up would be very nice, so content creators can at least wrap up what they need to record before the patch hits.

I know many other games don't announce it as well, but unlike CoH2, their replays don't just get wiped by the patch. I hope this request isn't too unreasonable.
10 Sep 2021, 06:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think your wish has been indirectly granted since this is likely the last patch CoH2 will get
Pip
10 Sep 2021, 12:30 PM

I think your wish has been indirectly granted since this is likely the last patch CoH2 will get

To be fair, people have been saying "That's the last patch we're ever getting" for about a year now.
10 Sep 2021, 13:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 12:30 PMPip
To be fair, people have been saying "That's the last patch we're ever getting" for about a year now.

Yes, but this time we have CoH3 on the far horizon and actually Aerafield (balance team member) saying that instead of random dudes like me.
Also, given the scope of this patch there was not an awful lot done. It was by far the smallest patch CoH2 has gotten in years, maybe ever. Clear sign that support will be ceased. I don't think Relic will allow another patch now unless something is so broken that it would affect their promotion for CoH3. They clearly wanted to improve CoH2 to the point that more people will stick to it until CoH3 is released, and I assume they decided that CoH2 has been patched enough now to shift their resources elsewhere.
10 Sep 2021, 15:32 PM

Would be great if we got another map patch before the end or Vielsalm will be in the game forever. Currently getting played once for every 20 games of other maps.
10 Sep 2021, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 15:32 PMRosbone

Would be great if we got another map patch before the end or Vielsalm will be in the game forever. Currently getting played once for every 20 games of other maps.

If new 3v3 maps or a rework of some 4v4 and 3v3 maps comes, I'll personally blow you Rosbone

EDIT: No homo
10 Sep 2021, 16:20 PM

If new 3v3 maps or a rework of some 4v4 and 3v3 maps comes, I'll personally blow you Rosbone

Well we would both probably have to blow John_RE to get a patch. But I like the way you are thinking.

10 Sep 2021, 20:18 PM

Heads up notification

EDIT: no homo
11 Sep 2021, 03:11 AM

If the support is coming to an end, hope that they update the modding tools for the last time before every things stop.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★