Login

russian armor

Sexton bug - Creeping Barrage

9 Sep 2021, 08:34 AM

As I tested the Creeping barrage ability of Katiusha, Priest and Sexton I noticed that Priest and Katiusha cover the area in the elliptical target zone while the shells of Sexton vastly scatter in all directions away from the target zone.

Looking at the stats Priest normal barrage max scatter of 15,5 gets reduced to 2 at Creeping Barrage, so that the shells hit in a line. Sexton keeps it 15,5 max scatter at Creeping Barrage somehow.

Creeping Barrage isn't a a very good Vet1 ability but that huge scatter makes the whole point of it pointless. I do think it is not intentional and the Sexton Creeping Barrage should behave like the Priest one.
9 Sep 2021, 12:41 PM

Is the first shot 100% accurate at least like with the other creeping barrages? Because that is the main purpose of it imo. The super accurate first shot that allows you to snipe stuff
9 Sep 2021, 17:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is the first shot 100% accurate at least like with the other creeping barrages? Because that is the main purpose of it imo. The super accurate first shot that allows you to snipe stuff

Why is it then not renamed?
If that is its real purpose, naming it "creeping barrage" is more than misleading. New players have zero chance to use this ability properly.
9 Sep 2021, 17:11 PM

CoH2 Creeping Barrages generally don't hit hard enough to be used as proper Creeping Barrages. CoH1 snuck a bucket of extra shells in them.

To my understanding, the Creeping Barrage first shell precision is a weird bug in the creeping code.
MMX
9 Sep 2021, 18:24 PM

the sexton's creeping barrage is probably the worst of its kind, even though it has four (more or less) pinpoint accurate shells instead of just one (1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th). the length of the scatter box is much larger than what the ingame indicator would suggest, making it very unlikely to hit anything with more than one shot.

i've done a bit of testing a while back here and came to the conclusion that it sucks even more than the katy's cb did before it got reworked/bugfixed... maybe if the length of the scatter box was cut in half it would actually be useful, but I doubt that this will happen.
9 Sep 2021, 19:59 PM

The shells are just so small...
Vaz
10 Sep 2021, 05:50 AM

You're out your mind if you think the creeping barrage sucks. You get a discount on reload time, you have a significantly more predictable bombardment area, you can reach out of max range, and you increase the total ordinance delivered per cooldown period. The creeping barrage is one of the last few effective tools of the USF. I'm waiting for it to get nerfed into the ground again(I think it was nerfed before and then undone).
MMX
10 Sep 2021, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 05:50 AMVaz
You're out your mind if you think the creeping barrage sucks. You get a discount on reload time, you have a significantly more predictable bombardment area, you can reach out of max range, and you increase the total ordinance delivered per cooldown period. The creeping barrage is one of the last few effective tools of the USF. I'm waiting for it to get nerfed into the ground again(I think it was nerfed before and then undone).

the priest's cb is great, i think no one here denies that. however, if you read the op and the responses to it carefully you'll see the complaints are not directed at the priest or USF but at the sexton's creeping barrage. and comparing the two it's pretty obvious that the latter is vastly inferior to the priest's cb due to the much larger scatter. if anything i'd like to see the sexton's cb buffed a bit closer to the priest's power level since, as it stands now, the regular barrage does a much better job without even draining your mun reserves.
Vaz
10 Sep 2021, 08:04 AM

I think the sexton difference is unintentional
10 Sep 2021, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 07:12 AMMMX
The priest's cb is great, i think no one here denies that. however, if you read the op and the responses to it carefully you'll see the complaints are not directed at the priest or USF but at the sexton's creeping barrage.

Exactly, thanks.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 07:12 AMMMX
...and comparing the two it's pretty obvious that the latter is vastly inferior to the priest's cb due to the much larger scatter. if anything i'd like to see the sexton's cb buffed a bit closer to the priest's power level since, as it stands now, the regular barrage does a much better job without even draining your mun reserves.

Yeah, I do think the CB of Valentine is not worth it at all since it has the same scatter as standard barrage. The Sexton is already inferior in range, damage, AOE profile, cooldown of barrage until vet2, scatter at vet2/vet3. So its really a lackluster that the vet1 ability is way worse too.
I would propose to set CB scatter to Priest level. Even better would be a completely different ability like airburst shells to set it apart from Priest.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 08:04 AMVaz
I think the sexton difference is unintentional

That was my first thought too. Just by mistake (that is the reason I posted it as a bug).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★