Login

russian armor

Osttruppen

10 Sep 2021, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 10:35 AMVipper

I have used Ostruppen and they are used a long range defensive infatry the same Gren are being used.

And if they fall to oblivion it will probably be because of their poor desing.

you used them in 1v1? I'm asking that because AFAIK Ostruppen were never meta in teamgames and probably never will. At least in my 3 years of playing coh2, I've rarely seen them used effectively there.
10 Sep 2021, 11:12 AM

you used them in 1v1? I'm asking that because AFAIK Ostruppen were never meta in teamgames and probably never will. At least in my 3 years of playing coh2, I've rarely seen them used effectively there.

I have used them in 2vs2 during the previous patch and got nerfed but the state of Osttruppen since really relevant on how I use them.
10 Sep 2021, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 11:12 AMVipper

I have used in 2vs2 but the state of Osttruppen since really relevant on how I use them.

the mode is extremely important to this unit, because it shines through efficiency, while in 2v2 DPS is mostly the king.
10 Sep 2021, 11:43 AM

the mode is extremely important to this unit, because it shines through efficiency, while in 2v2 DPS is mostly the king.

The mod used to be important when it was a call-in unit, once its timing become similar to that of Grens the unit stop being important.

If I had to guess I would expect that both commanders would see very little use even in 1vs1.
10 Sep 2021, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 11:43 AMVipper

The mod used to be important when it was a call-in unit, once its timing become similar to that of Grens the unit stop being important.

If I had to guess I would expect that both commanders would see very little use even in 1vs1.

if the mod used to be important, then explain, why Ostruppen Doctrine is top 4 after three G43 commanders (almost tied with 3rd 'Spearhead' pick), while it is barely making top 10 in 2v2? Perhaps mode they are used in is important?
10 Sep 2021, 12:54 PM

if the mod used to be important, then explain, why Ostruppen Doctrine is top 4 after three G43 commanders (almost tied with 3rd 'Spearhead' pick), while it is barely making top 10 in 2v2? Perhaps mode they are used in is important?

Osttruppen where moved to T1 on February 26th 2021 and received a buff in weapon slot DPS.

I am not why choose time ranges you choose. In addition if you want to check the impact of moving them T1 you would need to compare the how much it used before and after they are moved with no other changes between the same modes.

The idea that drop in use between 1vs1 and 2vs2 use has to do with osttruppen only is not very sound. The main difference here is user add thing like Lefh and Elephant commanders to their load out.

But I have no idea what the point you trying to make is.

Ostruppen are used as defensive long range infatry both in 1vs1 and 2vs2.
11 Sep 2021, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2021, 12:54 PMVipper

The idea that drop in use between 1vs1 and 2vs2 use has to do with osttruppen only is not very sound. The main difference here is user add thing like Lefh and Elephant commanders to their load out.

How would you even know if you haven't played a single match with them in 1v1? You are basically theorycrafting without relevant practical experiment.
11 Sep 2021, 09:22 AM

How would you even know if you haven't played a single match with them in 1v1? You are basically theorycrafting without relevant practical experiment.

Try to stick to Osttruppen and not me.

I assure you I have plenty of game experience and the game is played in more modes than just 1vs1.

Before they where moved to T1 they could be used to delay or even avoid building T1 now they can not and that is common sense not "theorycrafting".

Now if you have something even remotely relevant to osttruppen feel free to add it.
13 Sep 2021, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2021, 09:22 AMVipper

Try to stick to Osttruppen and not me

He's said multiple times why exatcly osttruppen are still high tier pick in 1v1s, because they're efficient.

Ignoring him when he says that doesn't mean he didn't say it.

I understand where you're coming from, though. In modes other than 1v1 osttruppen fall short because they just get walked on later in thw game.

I fondly remember General Mud games calling in osttruppen and very aggressively playing with cover, pushing soviets out with osttruppen and pioneers. Osttruppen just don't have a place in the other modes now that they're built in T1 IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★