Login

russian armor

Tank suggestion for Axis: Jagdpanzer 38t Hetzer

3 Aug 2021, 16:03 PM

Afaik we never saw it used in a CoH game so far (the flamethrower variant does not count ; ) ) and according to Doyle and Jentz it saw action in Italy (Hilary Doyle, Mike Badrocke - Jagdpanzer 38t Hetzer, 1944-45 (2001, Osprey), page 35)

Link to Dev. forum page
3 Aug 2021, 16:14 PM

The Hetzer was part of the Panzer Elite faction's Tank Destroyer Tactics commander in CoH: Tales of Valor.
3 Aug 2021, 16:18 PM

The Hetzer was part of the Panzer Elite faction's Tank Destroyer Tactics commander in CoH: Tales of Valor.

Actually wasn't aware of that but then again this was more than 13 years ago. I think it would be nice to see the Hetzer in a newer game again

3 Aug 2021, 22:11 PM

I would like to see this tank in the game but I wonder what role it would have? I guess we do not know everything about the German factions yet but considering it is rather similar to the StuG III in the sense that it has a similar gun on a non-turreted, cheap chassis, then where could it fit into the faction? I guess Relic could make the StuG more of a support weapon than pure AT and have the Hetzer as a pure AT option, but idk. Last thing I want is a another M10 situation in CoH2 where we have a TD that struggles to find a use because its role is overshadowed by other things.
If I remember correctly I only ever used Hetzers over StuG IVs in CoH1 because they cost manpower instead of fuel and were a call-in but god forbid we have that again.
3 Aug 2021, 22:23 PM

can anyone remember the Replay "Hetzers gonna Hetz" from gamereplays.org?
Pip
3 Aug 2021, 22:51 PM

I would like to see this tank in the game but I wonder what role it would have? I guess we do not know everything about the German factions yet but considering it is rather similar to the StuG III in the sense that it has a similar gun on a non-turreted, cheap chassis, then where could it fit into the faction? I guess Relic could make the StuG more of a support weapon than pure AT and have the Hetzer as a pure AT option, but idk. Last thing I want is a another M10 situation in CoH2 where we have a TD that struggles to find a use because its role is overshadowed by other things.
If I remember correctly I only ever used Hetzers over StuG IVs in CoH1 because they cost manpower instead of fuel and were a call-in but god forbid we have that again.

IF there are two German faction (And there likely will be) It's perfectly possible one might have the Hetzer, and the other have the StUG.
4 Aug 2021, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2021, 22:51 PMPip

IF there are two German faction (And there likely will be) It's perfectly possible one might have the Hetzer, and the other have the StUG.

I hope there is an equal factions, like Wehrmacht as defensive faction like Brit, Okw as offensive faction like Okw, and Italy as numerous like Soviet.
4 Aug 2021, 05:28 AM

I think with CoH3 having side armor we now have more possibilities of preventing such situations. Hetzer could have better frontal armor and more penetration than Stug but could have really bad side armor that can maybe even can get penetrated by a Browning MG. So like you said Hetzer could be a pure AT option. Maybe make it intended for defense mainly (because it has shit side armor) while stug can also be used for offense a little bit better?

And as others have already suggested: Maybe make Stug be the TD for one and Hetzer for the other axis faction (with Stug III being the TD for DAK). This would prevent such situations for sure
4 Aug 2021, 10:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

can anyone remember the Replay "Hetzers gonna Hetz" from gamereplays.org?

There are actually quite many so hard to tell which one you mean, I had one as well.

Hetzers gonna Hetz in simcity

It was a good tank as far as I can remember. :)
4 Aug 2021, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2021, 10:12 AMSpanky

There are actually quite many so hard to tell which one you mean, I had one as well.

Hetzers gonna Hetz in simcity

It was a good tank as far as I can remember. :)

goddamit this was 10 years ago...

i had a nostalgia trip and visited gamereplays.org. and watched some old replays and casts.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★