Benefactor 119

Relic be praised. This looks outstanding. 10/10 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

24 Jul 2021, 05:07 AM
Patrion 27

Relic be praised. This looks outstanding. 10/10 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I live for branching options.
24 Jul 2021, 05:54 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm hoping they just haven't revealed the DAK faction yet and are waiting for when we have a multiplayer beta or something like that.

This looks promising! But I am hoping we have more than three Battlegroups... and/or customizable battlegroups
25 Jul 2021, 12:03 PM

I always preferred the way commanders where in Vcoh over their Coh2 implementation. So, a return to more choice in Coh3 Battlegroups would be great.

It was always great to bring in a late choice to surprise and hopefully decimate your enemy with it.
25 Jul 2021, 12:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

The thing with the current commander system is 75% of the commanders are not used. Going back to vCoH style is better imo.
25 Jul 2021, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2021, 12:40 PMSpanky
The thing with the current commander system is 75% of the commanders are not used. Going back to vCoH style is better imo.

However there is somehow Still more variety than all the time terror vs Inf (V1 vs Howi) and Def vs Armor (Flak 88 + Bunkers vs Calliope and warmachine)
25 Jul 2021, 16:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Quality > Quantity
CoH1 did it better and thats my opinion. I don't know the period when you played vCoH but I assure you what you just said isn't as black and white.

CoH2's competitive scene (tournaments) you mostly see the same 1-3 commanders anyway, it's just a matter which commander is good at any given time. Automatch is another story with a little more variety, but you play to win with the best tools you got. All in all both games are different, we can agree to disagree all good.
Pip
25 Jul 2021, 16:55 PM

I imagine that the commander system will be more a mix of Coh1 and CoH2, in that you will still be choosing commanders, but within those commanders are the trees shown earlier in the thread.

The fact they were specific about stating that "everyone will have access to the same tools" leaves me hopeful that Commanders and similar will /not/ be subject to Microtransactions.
25 Jul 2021, 21:08 PM

I prefered CoH1 system
31 Jul 2021, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2021, 16:55 PMPip
I imagine that the commander system will be more a mix of Coh1 and CoH2, in that you will still be choosing commanders, but within those commanders are the trees shown earlier in the thread.

The fact they were specific about stating that "everyone will have access to the same tools" leaves me hopeful that Commanders and similar will /not/ be subject to Microtransactions.

That wouldn't make much sense. Games being sold on their own don't make nearly as much as games that include in game purchases of some sort. Games as a service is the current trend.

What I get from that statement is that every faction will have access to the tools that it needs from the base roster and not have to rely on commanders to fill holes in unit composition
1 Aug 2021, 13:17 PM

That wouldn't make much sense. Games being sold on their own don't make nearly as much as games that include in game purchases of some sort. Games as a service is the current trend.

What I get from that statement is that every faction will have access to the tools that it needs from the base roster and not have to rely on commanders to fill holes in unit composition

Been wondering about this too. The CoH2 commander system lent itself very well to micro transactions - even though there were some frustrating aspects like the price point and the VERY slow accumulation of in-game currency.

Im hoping we don’t end up with a pay to win system like there was in CoH:Online. That was an awful implementation of a neat idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★