Login

russian armor

Weak & Incorrect Intel Bulletins

14 Jul 2021, 14:46 PM

Greetings,
I'm here in order to state a fact that some intel bulletins in this game are either too weak to be used or just have some incorrect information in their description. I would like to keep this section as short as possible to get straight to the point.

UKF
Royal Education - Royal Engineers will gain 5% more experience.
As you probably know, all intel bulletins that aim to increase the veterancy ratio ensure 10% of individual experience augmentation. However, the ones in OKW and UKF provide only 5% in this game. In order to keep the balance, the value of this intel bulletin should be increased to 10%.

Haley, Is that you? - Comets gain veterancy 5% faster.
This intel bulletin provides only 5% bonus for Comet I, while OST possesses an intel bulletin which supplies 10% experince gain speed to Panther.

All over a London Darby! - The Churchill AVRE dispatch ability recharges 50% faster.
-This bulletin has almost no effect on the Churchill AVRE tank since you need to lose it in order to take advantage of this intel bulletin. Instead, it could be nice to see an intel bulletin which increases the maximum movement speed of the Churchill AVRE unit by 5%.

OKW
Blown Away - Fallschirmjäger's Grenade and Panzerfaust costs are 5% less.
Since the Panzerfaust ability was removed from the Fallschirmjäger battalions a long time ago, it's useless to keep the outdated information that states the discount on Panzerfaust in the description part of this intel bulletin.

Learned It at Bootcamp - Panzerfüsilier weapon cool down 2% faster.
I'm not sure if the effect of this intel bulletin is not only valid for Kar98k & G43 but also affects Panzershreck, yet the bonus that the intel bulletin provides is insufficient. Either it should be enhanced or changed with something better. For example, the effect might be replaced with "3% increased accuracy" or just can be increased to 5% from 2% in order to encourage the usage of this intel bulletin.

Reverse Enginering - The Volksgrenadier Panzerschreck has 2% increased armor penetration.
Every faction except OKW has a bonus that increases the range of projectiles. However, there's no such thing in OKW. In order to maintain the balance in-game, the effect that this intel bulletin provides should be changed with this one: "The Volksgrenadier's Panzerfaust ability has 7% increased range."

Hetzer 57 - The Flammpanzer 38 'Hetzer' has a 50% faster weapon reload.
This intel bulletin is way too powerful for that vehicle. The value that the intel bulletin supplies must be decreased to 10%.

USF
See The World, They Said! - Rear Echelon Troops fire 1% more accurately and their rifles cool down 2% faster between shots.
I don't see any reason to discuss why this intel bulletin is weak because it's crystal clear that the effects which this intel bulletin provides are unseeable in-game. Therefore, it must be converted into something different and better like an observable bonus on the veterancy gain ratio of Rear Echelon Troops.

Gift from Above - M7B1 Priests gain 6% range.
The value should be lowered to 5% in order to keep the balance among all the rocket artillery and artillery units in-game.

SOV
Face the Music - The Katyusha's barrage abilities have 4% increased range.
As I stated above, the value itself must be augmented to 5% in order to maintain the balance.
14 Jul 2021, 14:57 PM

USF
See The World, They Said! - Rear Echelon Troops fire 1% more accurately and their rifles cool down 2% faster between shots.
I don't see any reason to discuss why this intel bulletin is weak because it's crystal clear that the effects which this intel bulletin provides are unseeable in-game. Therefore, it must be converted into something different and better like an observable bonus on the veterancy gain ratio of Rear Echelon Troops.

Have you also noted that the multiplier behind the "faster cooldown" says x 1.02 (effectively increasing the cooldown by 2% instead of decreasing). A similar thing happens with the KV1 bulletin which says "4% increased defense", while there is no string attached to it (effectively doing nothing).

Intel bulletins have been discussed quit a lot, but Relic hasnt changed them in years.
Pip
14 Jul 2021, 15:13 PM

Have you also noted that the multiplier behind the "faster cooldown" says x 1.02 (effectively increasing the cooldown by 2% instead of decreasing). A similar thing happens with the KV1 bulletin which says "4% increased defense", while there is no string attached to it (effectively doing nothing).

Intel bulletins have been discussed quit a lot, but Relic hasnt changed them in years.

Bulletins are a terrible idea, to be fair. It would be preferable if /none/ of them did anything. I wonder if the Balance Team are allowed to do that?

Though, of course, with CoH3 on the horizon, it's likely CoH2 will be fairly deprecated this time next year. Assuming CoH3 isnt a total rubbish fire.
14 Jul 2021, 15:25 PM

You can see the cooldown time delays that belong to M1 Carbine below. The average delay for cooldown time near is 0.16, and all this intel bulletin does is decreasing it to 0.1568. Correct me if I'm wrong.

29 Jul 2021, 14:18 PM

Updated the list.
29 Jul 2021, 19:13 PM

With the coming of COH3 and the relative low impact of most bulletins they probably won't get touched any time soon if ever. Though I am curious about the maxim suppression bulletin. It was nerfed to 1% in the Maxim spam glory days but at some point the text reverted back to 5% in game. Always thought that if it was 5% that it was one of those borderline bulletins that might be good.
29 Jul 2021, 19:47 PM

Does hit the Deck help the Dshka or just maxim?
29 Jul 2021, 20:23 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Peru 23
unknown 22
United Kingdom 207
Germany 37
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias