Login

russian armor

Tactical pause is working

13 Jul 2021, 21:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Day9 (real big streamer and RTS fanatic, never played COH before). The tactical pause is an outstanding idea to get new people into the game, well done there Relic.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FineThankfulKuduOhMyDog-S75cQ3XW0B3vi7G3
13 Jul 2021, 21:31 PM

Yeah new features are good.
13 Jul 2021, 22:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm glad Relic seems to be balancing keeping old players on and bringing new players in! This will definitely help older people like my dad enjoy the game ahahaha
14 Jul 2021, 00:47 AM

Tactical Pause is a no-brainer for single player. Its meant to be fun and is the game mode relic intends for everyone to play, so there's no reason anyone should have to have good micro or high APM to play the campaign. Idk how anyone ever thought it was coming to multiplayer tho, how would that even work lol?
14 Jul 2021, 05:03 AM

Battlefleet Gothic (the first game at least) had tactical "pause" in multiplayer, each player could initiate a "pause" (the game would slow down to around 0.2 speed) and you had a metre would deplete while it was active and very slowly regenerate so you couldn't use it often. The catch is, of course, the opponent can also plan while you're using it and since the game is still running they have time to counter whatever you might be planning. It wasn't a bad feature at all and I wouldn't be adverse to something similar here.
MMX
14 Jul 2021, 07:43 AM

Battlefleet Gothic (the first game at least) had tactical "pause" in multiplayer, each player could initiate a "pause" (the game would slow down to around 0.2 speed) and you had a metre would deplete while it was active and very slowly regenerate so you couldn't use it often. The catch is, of course, the opponent can also plan while you're using it and since the game is still running they have time to counter whatever you might be planning. It wasn't a bad feature at all and I wouldn't be adverse to something similar here.

that'd be an awesome feature for coh3 as well honestly. as long as the uses are limited to only 2 or 3 per player/team per match it shouldn't feel to abusive either.
14 Jul 2021, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 07:43 AMMMX

that'd be an awesome feature for coh3 as well honestly. as long as the uses are limited to only 2 or 3 per player/team per match it shouldn't feel to abusive either.

i rather more work done on more rng to slower the TTk and make collateral damages more serious harm.

still not loving why plane crashes were dialed to nothing nowadays
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
unknown 16
New Zealand 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %