Login

russian armor

Drop hack epidemic

5 Jul 2021, 19:06 PM

Hi, I'm opening a thread for this since I think this has become an actual huge problem. From my experience drophacking has increased over the last months to the point that I experience a drophack several times a month. It is incredibly frustrating to work for a win and then have it taken away.

I made a report in the replays section weeks before yet that didn't get any reaction.

By fiddling around with your connection you can obviously make the game crash and "delete" the last game. It is neither a win or a loss. It does not show up in the stats.

Usually that happens right before the game is over. This has become a HUGE problem fom my experience recently. I have been drophacked about 5 times or so within the last two months.

5 Jul 2021, 19:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Collect everything
(- replay, screenshot, video proof, steam id, explinations)
and then write an Email to relic.
enforcement@relic.com

Sidenote: not sure if its a real drophack or just server issues. Since some people have them again around 3 weeks now.
5 Jul 2021, 19:11 PM

Collect everything
(- replay, screenshot, video proof, steam id, explinations)
and then write an Email to relic.
enforcement@relic.com

Sidenote: not sure if its a real drophack or just server issues. Since some people have them again around 3 weeks now.
It was trashtalk throughout the game. And when his teammate dropped normally about 20 secs later the game "crashed".
5 Jul 2021, 19:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

It was trashtalk throughout the game. And when his teammate dropped normally about 20 secs later the game "crashed".

ok sounds drophack indeed. make the stuff and email
5 Jul 2021, 19:42 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Tho in your screenshot, that doesn't look like drophack. Just server things...
5 Jul 2021, 19:48 PM

99% it's the servers being trash when there is too many people playing coh2
5 Jul 2021, 20:39 PM

Tho in your screenshot, that doesn't look like drophack. Just server things...
Sent you the replay. It was right when they lost their last tank destroyers and when they were at 21 Vps with a triple cap coming up.

Add the trashtalk to that which stopped shortly before the issue and I'm certain this guy drophacked. Because it's always the same pattern. Long game, trashtalk, imminent victory and then the servers "crash".
5 Jul 2021, 21:08 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Sent you the replay. It was right when they lost their last tank destroyers and when they were at 21 Vps with a triple cap coming up.

Add the trashtalk to that which stopped shortly before the issue and I'm certain this guy drophacked. Because it's always the same pattern. Long game, trashtalk, imminent victory and then the servers "crash".

You mean with sent you the replay and stuff: you used the email, or?

Oh and when it happens more often vs the same person. Save all the proofs! --> make another email
5 Jul 2021, 22:30 PM

the problem is: the perfect moment to drophack is also the perfect moment to just leave the game normally without any bad intentions. And it's 100% proven that it happened in the last months that "someone leaving" can cause the servers to crash that match, without any hacks being used.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1055931889?t=00h08m00s

As Sturmpanther said it would only become suspicious if it happens versus the exact same person multiple times
6 Jul 2021, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

As Sturmpanther said it would only become suspicious if it happens versus the exact same person multiple times

As zou said it is hard to "proof". Regarding that last point though I am having issues from time to time that my ISP derps out and does not send me any packages for multiple seconds. Often enough the game "reconnects" and catches up with the current state of the game, but if the disconnect is too long then I just get kicked out of the game entirely.
At this point it might just be a shitty connection as well...
6 Jul 2021, 10:50 AM

90% trash servers. 9% trash servers bugging when people altf4 instead of /L. 1% actual drophack
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★