Login

russian armor

Could we just delete vet 1 ML-20 smoke barrage ?.

1 Jul 2021, 20:57 PM

How often do you think you'll be able to use it if you're using recon and IL2? Not sure what the point of that example was

At 30 muni late game? Whenever the button's not greyed out unless every fight consists of 3 grenade throws or something ridiculous. The point was that I think the new ML-20's underrated.

2 Jul 2021, 01:44 AM

At 30 muni late game? Whenever the button's not greyed out unless every fight consists of 3 grenade throws or something ridiculous.

Yeah not if you're trying to use recon+IL2 which is much much more than 3 grenades. It's totally affordable under normal circumstances, but in that example it would not be

Like I said, the ability is good but it has its limits

If you're going to mock people so religiously for thinking CB is OP then you could at least wait to see this in practice more before you say it's a problem lol
2 Jul 2021, 01:58 AM

Should be available at Vet 0 considering that Mortars come significantly earlier and don't cost fuel and require a Doctrinal Unit.

Vet 1 Should make it free.
2 Jul 2021, 02:19 AM

Should be available at Vet 0 considering that Mortars come significantly earlier and don't cost fuel and require a Doctrinal Unit.

Vet 1 Should make it free.

Mortars are easier to kill/threaten then howitzers (unless you have the right off-map)

The cost seems fair to me
2 Jul 2021, 05:47 AM

Cost is reasonable. It's basically off map smoke, but on map. Handy dandy shit that synergizes well with penals
2 Jul 2021, 10:07 AM

Yeah not if you're trying to use recon+IL2 which is much much more than 3 grenades. It's totally affordable under normal circumstances, but in that example it would not be

Like I said, the ability is good but it has its limits

If you're going to mock people so religiously for thinking CB is OP then you could at least wait to see this in practice more before you say it's a problem lol

It's still only 30 muni, barely worth mentioning esp with muni caches involved (which you will have with Il-2 commander). Sure, will be interesting to see once the usual Flavour of the month ppl move off a (presumably nerfed) B-4. Perhaps too much skill required and I've overestimated the willingness to go to to that lvl of coordination.

Having lived through the Panther acc firestorm of a thread over 0.035->0.040 accuracy, you'll have to forgive me for being sceptical :lol:
3 Jul 2021, 13:05 PM

how about it gain an autofire function like mortars instead? though adjusted to a sensible level of fire/dmg
Mon
5 Jul 2021, 17:32 PM

Maybe replace smoke with incendiary barrage for better anti inf
5 Jul 2021, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2021, 17:32 PMMon
Maybe replace smoke with incendiary barrage for better anti inf
yea foreal or something like a heavy timed charge or phospherous
6 Jul 2021, 00:46 AM

Guys. Hear me out..... The ml-20 had Starburst flare shells..... (don't hear me out this is an awful idea)
12 Jul 2021, 02:05 AM

Then again why no body bother to use ML 20 smoke from all game mode ?. From 4 digital number range to top 100 team game ?.
that is what i want to say, put a " no body care " ability and call it a buff/change is annoying and lazy. Just scap it and let ML-20 be only fix Howie without ability.

You want smoke to block ATG wall, MG in mid or what ever ? use mortar and fire a flare after that, follow up with ML-20 barrage to keep enemy stay aways. 30 muni from ML-20 smoke better stay in mortar flare. the Limmit factor of ML-20 smoke is take to long to unlock, provide too little tactical advantage for user and alies.
Without the fear of Lefh CB, ML-20 could do the job rather than waste amni and cooldown time, adjuct derection time.
12 Jul 2021, 07:00 AM

Do Ostheer no longer have mg bunkers? Does okw no longer have a 3.7mm FLAK gun on their HQ? You've never had to repair something? Never wanted to lay mines or a demo in peace? Close on a building with an mg?

Smoke ALWAYS has uses. And soviet don't always have smoke. It's an option. You know what was there before? 1 extra shell. Lame as fuck. Now there's an ability that adds depth and tactical options.
Fucking hell. You lot would have the game reduced to a simulation with all calls to remove any tactical elements and options one by one. If you don't like smoke don't use the smoke. Save the munitions! You still have a great howitzer. There is no commisar behind you with his negant pointed making you use the smoke barrage instead of the normal barrage. The smoke barrage doesn't replace the normal barrage.
13 Jul 2021, 19:54 PM

the shells need to travel faster when firing smoke
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak