Any Keyboard scrollers here?

16 May 2021, 21:35 PM

What do you use to control the game?

Keyboard scroll minimap, tacmap?

Only Cursor + grid Hotkeys?

or Classical hotkeys?

shout it out
16 May 2021, 21:38 PM

I control the camera with a pair of Dk Bongos while using gridkeys on a dvorak keyboard.
17 May 2021, 00:31 AM

17 May 2021, 01:48 AM

I use grid hotkeys and use Autohotkey to bind the tacmap to one of my mouse's side buttons. I use cursor on the edge of the screen to move it mostly. Though I should probably try scrollwheel panning.
MMX
17 May 2021, 03:07 AM

wasd autohotkey script + grid keys + tacmap bound to mouse button all the way. i use shift to disable the script when pressed to be able to use both wasd camera movement and grid keys at the same time. took a while to get used to but i haven't looked back ever since.
17 May 2021, 03:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2021, 03:07 AMMMX
wasd autohotkey script + grid keys + tacmap bound to mouse button all the way. i use shift to disable the script when pressed to be able to use both wasd camera movement and grid keys at the same time. took a while to get used to but i haven't looked back ever since.

One of my people although i basically just moved the WASD keys to the side rather than a disable command.
17 May 2021, 09:20 AM

I don't use the tact map, instead I find myself clicking the squad portraits on the top right to jump to a specific unit or reinforce. Jumping to the retreat point (ambulance) to reinforce everything in the area is something I frequently do. Use F1-F4 hotkeys to build units is a lifesaver too. Brits get F4 for Forward Assembly and OKW get F2 for medic truck which is awesome. I wish I could bind my Ambu to F6 or something.

I have map scroll speed set to very high, something I brought over from when I played Starcraft 2. That way you don't have to move your mouse to the edges as much. For small map adjustments, I use MMB to readjust.

I use default hotkeys too since I'm used to T retreat and R to reinforce. Never got used to grid hotkeys in SC2. I used default hotkeys in Dawn of War 2 too.

17 May 2021, 13:00 PM

I don't use the tact map, instead I find myself clicking the squad portraits on the top right to jump to a specific unit or reinforce. Jumping to the retreat point (ambulance) to reinforce everything in the area is something I frequently do. Use F1-F4 hotkeys to build units is a lifesaver too. Brits get F4 for Forward Assembly and OKW get F2 for medic truck which is awesome. I wish I could bind my Ambu to F6 or something.

I have map scroll speed set to very high, something I brought over from when I played Starcraft 2. That way you don't have to move your mouse to the edges as much. For small map adjustments, I use MMB to readjust.

I use default hotkeys too since I'm used to T retreat and R to reinforce. Never got used to grid hotkeys in SC2. I used default hotkeys in Dawn of War 2 too.

I didn't know you could adjust edge scrolling speed! Nice. Here's an interesting thing to note: if you give a squad a control group, when you double press the number you will center your camera on them. Just something I thought you might not know.
17 May 2021, 13:03 PM

you could hold ctrl and press 3, then you would make the ambulance control group 3, then whenever you double-tap 3 you will center on the ambulance. For squads when you give them a control group you will automatically select them when you press the number.

I give my engineers the 2 control group. When I pull a damaged vehicle from the frontline I can just hit 2 and then the vehicle and the engineers will go to repair without me even having to see them on the screen.

Oh and also if you click a squad while holding ctrl you will select all squads of the same type. If you hold shift you will add squads to the selection. (I.e. you could bind a grenadier and a panzergrenadier to control group 1 without them having to be next to each other.)
17 May 2021, 15:14 PM

i use standard hot keys: mainly "U" and "T" and "R" and "F"

i dont use tac map. I jump by clicking on the mini map.
18 May 2021, 07:12 AM

you could hold ctrl and press 3, then you would make the ambulance control group 3, then whenever you double-tap 3 you will center on the ambulance. For squads when you give them a control group you will automatically select them when you press the number.

I give my engineers the 2 control group. When I pull a damaged vehicle from the frontline I can just hit 2 and then the vehicle and the engineers will go to repair without me even having to see them on the screen.

Oh and also if you click a squad while holding ctrl you will select all squads of the same type. If you hold shift you will add squads to the selection. (I.e. you could bind a grenadier and a panzergrenadier to control group 1 without them having to be next to each other.)

Great tips!

I usually use all my command groups from 1 to 0.

1 - 2 :: Tanks

3 - 4 :: Infantry

5 :: ATG

6 :: Repair squads (REs or Engis)

7 - 0 :: Artillery or indirect

I find double clicking the ambulance faster than reaching over to 0 for it, just IMO though.

You can also use tab to scroll through the units in your selection or simply by clicking them in the middle-bottom. Helps to retreat a single squad.

Shift clicking the squad will remove it from the selection too. Useful if you have one damage squad in a selection. Click damage squad to move to ambu, shift click it out of the group.
18 May 2021, 11:21 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %