Login

russian armor

Add visual indicator to flare like abilities

LDV
1 May 2021, 08:34 AM

We already have one such thing in the game, green pulsing circle shows up whenever scout plane loiter is activated. I wish the same circle would appear every time someone uses one of flares abilities. It would help with counter play, allowing players to react better, knowing exactly where to reposition if they choose to. flares right know are annoying, they are hard to spot, give little audio cue and after being fired are uncounterable compared to planes.
1 May 2021, 08:39 AM

Oh, light a bright, shiny, smoking object slowly falling to the ground for example?

And its not MOBA, every singular ability will not have "red circle" on the ground for opponent to see.

Its not hard to get enough personal experience to know these ranges.
LDV
1 May 2021, 08:58 AM

Oh, light a bright, shiny, smoking object slowly falling to the ground for example?

Compared to roaring vehicle flying right up to your screen?

And its not MOBA, every singular ability will not have "red circle" on the ground for opponent to see.

Its not hard to get enough personal experience to know these ranges.

It's a quality of life feature that would help average and new players. By the logic of your argument we could remove units descriptions, after all "Its not hard to get enough personal experience to know these". Also can you really tell what area of space is revealed by soviet flare when you notice it 5 seconds after it has floated in random direction?
1 May 2021, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I find them quite hard to spot as well in larger fights. Especially in the beginning when they are high up and it matters most because the enemy places their barrages.

Maybe it would be moddable so that the flare starts on lower altitude but sinks down slower.
1 May 2021, 11:51 AM

Big +1 to that

Flares blend in perfectly with fire and explosions effects on every setting, so this would help a lot
1 May 2021, 12:13 PM

i love using sov mortar flares in late game. most opponents don't know why they are getting shelled or sniped
1 May 2021, 12:22 PM

i love using sov mortar flares in late game. most opponents don't know why they are getting shelled or sniped

Most opponents also don't know they are in sight of spotting scopes 222 or detection of 251, or kubel or invisible luchs.
What kind of visual indicators would you suggest for these?
LDV
1 May 2021, 13:01 PM

Most opponents also don't know they are in sight of spotting scopes 222 or detection of 251, or kubel or invisible luchs.

Very cool straw man you are building out there. Direct sight recon units are nothing like flares and you know it.
1 May 2021, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2021, 13:01 PMLDV

Very cool straw man you are building out there. Direct sight recon units are nothing like flares and you know it.

Kubel, 251, IR HT and 222 have indirect detection too you know.
1 May 2021, 13:32 PM

Spotting scopes are given an indicator after the patch.

And detection abilities arent proving you with actual sight benefits, sure they are proving you with intel. Flares on the other hand gives you full benifits of having sight + ignoring all the sight blockers and the only way to see if you being flared - have actuall camera looking at the place where you've been flared.

Probably OKW\British flares were also just fine, its just community are full of noobs who cant see them in time. Sure they are abit stonger then inf\team weapon based flares, because they can be called any where on the map, but hey, its a commander ability, so it should be fine.

Also what detection\vision abilities have to do with flares in a first place? Invisible\recon units are affected by sight blockers and they actually most of the time have to be in reach of the enemy. Even IR HT, which probably supposed to be an ultimate vision unit, has to sit very close to the front line.

I mean if you think that they are not alright, should they are also be nerfed along with all the snipers, all the units with camo and all the units with tracking\detection including allied counterparts?
LDV
1 May 2021, 14:09 PM

Kubel, 251, IR HT and 222 have indirect detection too you know.

At last i truly see. Yo are right, those abilities are the same as the flares. The next logical step is to remove graphical and audio indications for enemy players, after all being flared is no different than being detected by kubel. Thank you for enlightening me.
1 May 2021, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2021, 14:09 PMLDV

At last i truly see. Yo are right, those abilities are the same as the flares. The next logical step is to remove graphical and audio indications for enemy players, after all being flared is no different than being detected by kubel. Thank you for enlightening me.

Glad you've seen how ridiculous it is to complain about sight and detection abilities that are unit dependent then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★