Login

russian armor

Osttruppen spam

17 Apr 2021, 19:41 PM

So yeah, i've just had some high-quality match.

You can plainly see what i experienced during the game.

I dunno what i should have done, the guy had 8 OST TRUPS SQUADS IN THE FIRST SIX MINUTES, which let him to control the whole map. Might be that 3-4 mg's could have solved the problem, i'd imagine, but by then it was too late to build any - i ran out of MP.

Is it really supposed to be the way it is? This gentleman had 9 squads in total at the end. We hadn't even played 10 minutes, i just dropped the game. I learned my lesson anyway, yet the match was ridiculous.
17 Apr 2021, 19:41 PM

17 Apr 2021, 20:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PFC.

You just played against one of the best players in the game. He could had spammed MG42 and you would had lost anyways.
17 Apr 2021, 20:07 PM

PFC.

You just played against one of the best players in the game. He could had spammed MG42 and you would had lost anyways.

Oh boy, lucky me:D
17 Apr 2021, 20:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you want real guidance as to what improve, post the replay.
17 Apr 2021, 20:08 PM

Ive just met him as well, same strat

17 Apr 2021, 20:09 PM

So you played against a top 10 player in the world (If you slide over to the LADDER TOP 10 section of the forum on the right, click OST and look at #6 you'll see your boy.)

First off, top players are simply going to overpower you with better game sense, micro, and just overall knowledge of the game. He could have built nothing but Pioneers and accomplished the same thing. So ultimately just kinda sucks you ended up with this match.

I wouldn't pitch a fit over it. Sometimes it happens, RTS games have a pretty steep learning curve and that often results in getting your teeth kicked in sometimes even by players on your level, just gotta keep busting, understanding the things you did wrong, knowing how to beat what beats you, and working to improve. It's a process.
17 Apr 2021, 20:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2021, 20:07 PMRenard

Oh boy, lucky me:D

I mean, once you roam around top100/top200 expect to have this kind of games often.

At least he is using meme strats which might give you a shot at winning or getting an even game.
17 Apr 2021, 20:31 PM

you're a strong player Renard, I think when I've played with you in a handful of games I've only taken one off you, but yeah PFC stronk.

Interesting that it was on Nexus, if you have the replay still I'm sure it be pretty instructive.
17 Apr 2021, 20:32 PM

I matched with PFC in automatch in coh2 yesterday. I told him how cool it was to play him person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for tips or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and ooga boogaing his ostruppen on my cutoff. I retreated and continued with my map capturing, and I saw him type "lol" as I walked off. When I came to mid VP with my army I saw him trying to soft retreat out the point with like fifteen osturppen in his control group without hitting retreat.
17 Apr 2021, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2021, 20:09 PMJPA32
So you played against a top 10 player in the world (If you slide over to the LADDER TOP 10 section of the forum on the right, click OST and look at #6 you'll see your boy.)

First off, top players are simply going to overpower you with better game sense, micro, and just overall knowledge of the game. He could have built nothing but Pioneers and accomplished the same thing. So ultimately just kinda sucks you ended up with this match.

I wouldn't pitch a fit over it. Sometimes it happens, RTS games have a pretty steep learning curve and that often results in getting your teeth kicked in sometimes even by players on your level, just gotta keep busting, understanding the things you did wrong, knowing how to beat what beats you, and working to improve. It's a process.

The guy was using some cheese-meme tactic out of sheer fun, that's all. I believe i still had a chance to win;, what i did wrong though was that i never expected him to spam osts. As a matter of fact, i've never experienced (1250h coh2) osts spam in such a scale - 9 squads lol, cmon. Yet i am to blame, you have to know your enemy and what to expect from him. Now i know a little bit more.

What i'm trying to say though is that it's astonishingly ridiculous to have so many squads within the first FIVE MINUTES of the actual game
17 Apr 2021, 20:38 PM

I matched with PFC in automatch in coh2 yesterday. I told him how cool it was to play him person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for tips or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and ooga boogaing his ostruppen on my cutoff. I retreated and continued with my map capturing, and I saw him type "lol" as I walked off. When I came to mid VP with my army I saw him trying to soft retreat out the point with like fifteen osturppen in his control group without hitting retreat.

Kek
17 Apr 2021, 20:40 PM

17 Apr 2021, 21:57 PM

Pfc also played vs Kimbo and Devm this night. He beat the both of them, building nothing but ostruppen.

Kimbo https://www.twitch.tv/videos/991185171?t=01h28m20s
Devm https://www.twitch.tv/videos/991185171?t=01h43m29s
17 Apr 2021, 22:05 PM

Well, it seems PFC tries this tactic quite few times. I saw him doing it vs OrangePest. And I must say it's pretty strong tactic. I don't know why some people think it's just a meme. Cheap mp for build & reinforce enables OST to build + 2~4 more infantry which leads to the map dominance.
17 Apr 2021, 22:34 PM

Just watched another match between Devm and pfc.

By the time Devm started to stabilize and push back he had like >50VPs while pfc still had ~500
17 Apr 2021, 22:36 PM

By the time Devm started to stabilize and push back he had like >50VPs while pfc still had ~500

+ He didn't teched up. Even one pak43 could have smashed opponent.

++ From what I've heard, it's kimbo with nickname changed to devm
18 Apr 2021, 23:47 PM

So the thing is, i'm wondering how am i to counter this. I don't even think i need to post the replay, PFC tactics were and are basically the same. More than that, any 300iq player can run osttruppen spam now - what's gonna stop you from doing that? - you don't even require special micro skills to be able to have presence and control all over the map with your dozen squads within first 10 freaking minutes
19 Apr 2021, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2021, 23:47 PMRenard

So the thing is, i'm wondering how am i to counter this. I don't even think i need to post the replay, PFC tactics were and are basically the same. More than that, any 300iq player can run osttruppen spam now - what's gonna stop you from doing that? - you don't even require special micro skills to be able to have presence and control all over the map with your dozen squads within first 10 freaking minutes

If you are playing Soviet, maxim spam is a good counter.
22 Apr 2021, 14:51 PM

copy him and build mass conscripts kek
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment