Login

russian armor

The game slowly moves away from an historical WW2 game

14 Apr 2021, 08:13 AM

And slowly becomes just a "flavoured" WW2 RTS game.

The latest balance patch did something more than just "balance" the game.
It implemented a number of changes that are completely against historical authenticity.

G43 rifle (while being similar to a sniper rifle thus good from a distance) gets changed to being good mid to close range. Really?

USF ambulance now takes 2 Panzer shots to kill. Its a car, not an armoured vehicle and even so in real life, if a tank would shoot an ambulance it would go boom with one shot.

I am playing this game because it is the most tactical and strategical RTS out there but also because it is a WW2 themed.

All these changes and more are turning the game away from a WW2 game and into becoming a custom RTS with a whiff of WW2.

I wonder if the magnificent balance team members have any clue or idea of the history of WW2 and the actual weapons, artilery and warfare being used.
14 Apr 2021, 08:15 AM

Balance takes priority over historical accuracy, as it should be.
14 Apr 2021, 08:16 AM

Balance takes priority over historical accuracy, as it should be.

Who are you to decide how it should be?

Balance and historical accuracy both need to be respected.

Otherwise the game will no longer be a WW2 game. You are ok with that?
A_E
14 Apr 2021, 08:19 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I would agree that there's been too many tonal shifts in the name of balance, the worst offender will and always will be the penal battalions being an elite unit with the best equipment available.
14 Apr 2021, 08:27 AM

Didn't expect for people still complain about that after so many years lol.
Remember the long-barrel Stugs being better vs inf than tanks?
14 Apr 2021, 08:29 AM

You gonna spam this very same thread every single day now?

Yeah, germany still lost the war historically.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 08:19 AMA_E
I would agree that there's been too many tonal shifts in the name of balance, the worst offender will and always will be the penal battalions being an elite unit with the best equipment available.

14 Apr 2021, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 08:29 AMKatitof
You gonna spam this very same thread every single day now?

Yeah, germany still lost the war historically.

I pity you. This line is all you can come up with. Sad.
14 Apr 2021, 08:32 AM

Who are you to decide how it should be?

Yeah of course they should both be respected. But in my opinion for the game to be competitive, if there's a tradeoff that needs to be made regarding a certain design choice it should be in favor of balance and not historical accuracy. That's all I'm saying.
14 Apr 2021, 08:36 AM

I pity you. This line is all you can come up with. Sad.

You want historical accuracy, being completely oblivious to the fact that allies outnumbered axis greatly.
Do you want sherman to cost half of that it does now and T34 a quarter of what it costs now compared to P4?
Because that is historically accurate.

USF having excessive access to artillery and plane loiters is historically accurate, so we should bring it back for them.

Soviets being able to deploy infantry for pretty much free and without limits is historically accurate.

OKW losing every single time is historically accurate.

Do you still want your historical accuracy you Luftwaffer?

Sacrifices need to be made for the sake of balance.
If you feel entitled to this thread anyway, I suppose I will NOT find you complaining about balance in your post history?
14 Apr 2021, 08:38 AM

All these changes and more are turning the game away from a WW2 game and into becoming a custom RTS with a whiff of WW2.

CoH 2 was always WW2 *themed* (unit names, context, factions, etc) but the combat itself was always extremely unrealistic and arcadey to accommodate the gameplay, which was always fine since gameplay is the strongest aspect of CoH 2 and it doesn't offer itself up as a simulation.

Since you're crying so hard and it's actually quite disturbing to watch, I HEAVILY recommend you uninstall CoH 2 right now, no questions asked, and move on to a WW2 RTT simulation game like Men of War. It's for the best.
14 Apr 2021, 08:42 AM

Honestly, Relic could add a flying Kubelwagon to the game and as long as it's balanced and fun, it would not disturb me. CoH has always been a WW2 inspired game, if you want realism, you should play something else.

If it was a proper simulation, Wehrmacht and OKW would be messed up from the very beginning of a match, Soviets would start with 10+ T34s, USF would have endless planes ready for bombarding everything that moves and British would have tea. At the end of a match, even if Axis wins, it'll say Allies win.
14 Apr 2021, 08:49 AM

Honestly, Relic could add a flying Kubelwagon to the game and as long as it's balanced and fun, it would not disturb me. CoH has always been a WW2 inspired game, if you want realism, you should play something else.

If it was a proper simulation, Wehrmacht and OKW would be messed up from the very beginning of a match, Soviets would start with 10+ T34s, USF would have endless planes ready for bombarding everything that moves and British would have tea. At the end of a match, even if Axis wins, it'll say Allies win.

I honestly can say I thank God for you and others are not in the maginficent balance team or don't work for Relic.
14 Apr 2021, 08:52 AM

I honestly can say thank God that you and others are not in the maginficent balance team or don't work for Relic.
14 Apr 2021, 08:53 AM

I honestly can say I thank God for you and others are not in the maginficent balance team or don't work for Relic.

Yet you thank God for other people being in the balance team and yet still argue that they don't have any clue or idea of the history of WW2 and the actual weapons, artillery and warfare being used.

Again, if you are bored of the game or don't like the game, go play something else.
14 Apr 2021, 08:56 AM

Yet you thank God for other people being in the balance team and yet still argue that they don't have any clue or idea of the history of WW2 and the actual weapons, artillery and warfare being used.

Again, if you are bored of the game or don't like the game, go play something else.

I'm not bored of the game in any way, I've been playing it since January 2014 on and off, I always enjoy it but I WILL NOT PLAY IT if it turns away from the WW2 motif.
14 Apr 2021, 08:57 AM

If anything productive should come out of this thread, I just wish weapon profiles weren't so damn convoluted.

There are different kinds of STG's, Zook's, G43's and what not.
For people who don't memorise patch notes and what not it is really hard to keep track.
14 Apr 2021, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 08:19 AMA_E

Irioincally, that *is* hisotorical accuracy, penal battalions were usually glorified infantry battalions with a large amount of men and really good equipment because they had to take the worst battles. I'll see if i can dig out the book i read about it.
14 Apr 2021, 08:58 AM

I'm not bored of the game in any way, I've been playing it since January 2014 on and off, I always enjoy it but I WILL NOT PLAY IT if it turns away from the WW2 motif.

Then, please tell us, what would you like to change? Ranting is good, but feedback is better. Don't tell us it's just all about you not being happy that an ambulance can take two shots...
14 Apr 2021, 09:03 AM

Then, please tell us, what would you like to change? Ranting is good, but feedback is better. Don't tell us it's just all about you not being happy that an ambulance can take two shots...

First of all I would like that core game mechanics that were there since the beginning of the game were not changed solely for the sake of changing and creating a balance patch.

I don't have time to detail every single change now but I will do so later if the thread still stands.

14 Apr 2021, 09:07 AM

First of all I would like that core game mechanics that were there since the beginning of the game were not changed solely for the sake of changing and creating a balance patch.

I don't have time to detail every single change now but I will do so later if the thread still stands.

What core game mechanics were there when the game was released? Our perception of what the game was back then is different, because when the game was released it was, and other people will agree, a total f-up up mess of a game in every possible way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment