Login

russian armor

Buff for wehr tactical movement

3 Mar 2021, 05:55 AM

Can there be a small buff to the Wehrmacht doc ability tactical movement(blitzkreig doc and lightning war doc) in the next commander patch. Nothing fancy just a small buff or an effect add on or something.
6 Mar 2021, 22:04 PM

tbh tac movement should have the attck while moving ting that okw spec ops has (the one that also makes units invisble on the mioni map and costs the same) as it would grant a more tactical option for ost. it wouldnt be as strong without the mini map invisibility and the fact that grens are not good on the move like obers/sturms/stg volks are. pgrens could be strong, but they are at least somewhat more limited than the entirety of okw infantry.
8 Mar 2021, 06:08 AM

EFAs have a lot of outdated commander abilities and line-ups.

Stuff like Tactical Movement or Vehicle Crew + Repair Station in the same commander for Soviets leave a bad taste when compared to WFA commanders.
8 Mar 2021, 16:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

tbh tac movement should have the attck while moving ting that okw spec ops has (the one that also makes units invisble on the mioni map and costs the same) as it would grant a more tactical option for ost. it wouldnt be as strong without the mini map invisibility and the fact that grens are not good on the move like obers/sturms/stg volks are. pgrens could be strong, but they are at least somewhat more limited than the entirety of okw infantry.

The competitive commander with Tact movement (Lighting) has G43. Tact movement for that commander is fine, the problem is that Blitzkrieg has eternally been overshadowed by other commanders with better combinations of abilities.

If the coh2win site is right go with:

CP4 to CP3/2
Cost from 40 to 30
Duration from 20s to 15s
8 Mar 2021, 21:26 PM

The competitive commander with Tact movement (Lighting) has G43. Tact movement for that commander is fine, the problem is that Blitzkrieg has eternally been overshadowed by other commanders with better combinations of abilities.

If the coh2win site is right go with:

CP4 to CP3/2
Cost from 40 to 30
Duration from 20s to 15s

If it's fine in another commander I wouldn't tune it too much. Best just replace it with an existing ability of a similar type. Assault and hold, valiant assault or hell, the ability from close the pocket that let's vehicles cap territory would be beyond perfect for blitzkrieg...
Pip
8 Mar 2021, 21:37 PM

The ability from close the pocket that let's vehicles cap territory would be beyond perfect for blitzkrieg...

That's probably the most thematic, really.

Also: It's kind of a nitpick, but is there any chance of renaming Lightning War to something else? it's weird that we have a "Lightning War" and a "Blitzkrieg" doctrine. What are these commanders even called in the German translation? "Blitzkrieg" and "Blitzkrieg"?

(I think there are other instances of this, too, but this is the one that sticks out to me)
8 Mar 2021, 21:50 PM

I don't know. It's a global sprint for 3X the cost of an individual sprint in Ambush Training. As long as you have 3 squads sprinting the cost is fair enough. I guess you could add some kind of smoke if you want it to be more "tactical" but it's largely fine (if just underused) because it requires some planning to use instead of "click and kill stuff". Might be kind of cool if squads had smoke grenades available to them for the duration of the sprint but that might be confusing for some players...
8 Mar 2021, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 21:37 PMPip

That's probably the most thematic, really.

Also: It's kind of a nitpick, but is there any chance of renaming Lightning War to something else? it's weird that we have a "Lightning War" and a "Blitzkrieg" doctrine. What are these commanders even called in the German translation? "Blitzkrieg" and "Blitzkrieg"?

(I think there are other instances of this, too, but this is the one that sticks out to me)

There is also Fortified Armor and Festung armor which also means the same.
8 Mar 2021, 22:15 PM

What about a capture speed bonus while active. i wonder would it be better to replace that ability with assault and hold from German Infantry.
8 Mar 2021, 22:31 PM

I don't know. It's a global sprint for 3X the cost of an individual sprint in Ambush Training. As long as you have 3 squads sprinting the cost is fair enough. I guess you could add some kind of smoke if you want it to be more "tactical" but it's largely fine (if just underused) because it requires some planning to use instead of "click and kill stuff"

Also lasts 3x longer iirc (15 sec vs 5 sec).
Most of the times I just used this ability to get back to the frontline after a mass retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★