Login

russian armor

Close air support commander: Recon

26 Feb 2021, 12:48 PM

Hello guys,

I've recently experienced the close air support commander and I must tell that the recon strafe is quite fast, and in reality to fast to be good.

The vision area is too restricted for this flight speed so in order to adress this problem one can either reduce the flight speed (thus making it more vulnerable to AA) or make the vision area wider.

Personnaly I'd prefer a slower flight speed, plus it might be easier to just change the number for the flight speed than for the vision area.

Thanks for your consideration.
26 Feb 2021, 13:00 PM

But... its exact same as any other single pass recon.
26 Feb 2021, 14:24 PM

Single plane reckon passes are different for each faction.
26 Feb 2021, 14:56 PM

I agree its useless the way it is right now
26 Feb 2021, 15:31 PM

I know 3 other single pass recon:

50 mun Major recon: twice as slow and has a much wider recon area (cone shaped)
50 mun Airlanding Officer: twice as slow and has a much wider recon area (circle shaped)
40 mun Smoke Bombs: same flight speed but twice the recon area.

So for a 2CP Doc costing 35mun I find the Stuka recon pass from the close air support commander really underpowered.

This could be adress easily by either buffing it to be more in line with non-doc counterpart tied to Major/airlanding officer or just replacing it with Smoke Bombs which ironicly performs better as a recon.

This minor tweek should not cost to much time and is a good quality of life change for this commander.
26 Feb 2021, 16:12 PM

CAS Commander is like the epitome of commander than needs overhauled in the next commander patch. I quite like the idea of a cheaper Recon pass for times when you just need a quick peek or for sighting for offmaps so I think reducing the cost slightly and/or slightly buffing the sight would be fine. Otherwise just giving it the smoke bombs is probably the simplest solution as the commander needs more utility than 3 flavors of off-map spam.
27 Feb 2021, 04:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 13:00 PMKatitof
But... its exact same as any other single pass recon.

Nice on boss =D
27 Feb 2021, 07:37 AM

Vision area is fixed in patch, was a bug since 2019~ iirc.
27 Feb 2021, 10:58 AM

I confirm that the ability now have the same Vision area as the Smoke Bombs.

Now the (minor) problem is that for 5 more mun you have (for the same CP) the Smoke bombs which obviously does the same reco plus smokes, but more importantly, it has only 15s of CD (after the plane exit the map) against 75s for the Recon Pass.

I suggest just a slight cost reduction to 25 mun and a CD reduction to 30s.
27 Feb 2021, 17:18 PM

I confirm that the ability now have the same Vision area as the Smoke Bombs.

Now the (minor) problem is that for 5 more mun you have (for the same CP) the Smoke bombs which obviously does the same reco plus smokes, but more importantly, it has only 15s of CD (after the plane exit the map) against 75s for the Recon Pass.

I suggest just a slight cost reduction to 25 mun and a CD reduction to 30s.

Seems reasonable
27 Feb 2021, 22:29 PM

Hello guys,

I've recently experienced the close air support commander and I must tell that the recon strafe is quite fast, and in reality to fast to be good.

The vision area is too restricted for this flight speed so in order to adress this problem one can either reduce the flight speed (thus making it more vulnerable to AA) or make the vision area wider.

Personnaly I'd prefer a slower flight speed, plus it might be easier to just change the number for the flight speed than for the vision area.

Thanks for your consideration.
In the past it is used to be this way
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight