Login

russian armor

radio silence change

26 Jan 2021, 22:09 PM

Absolutely, but that's the extreme minority. People can have different opinions about what is the best solution/approach but i don't think anyone can discuss that people like Sanders or MrSmith know about the game.

I think at this point we are only discussing about the existence of exceptions rather than the sheer effectiveness of a generalisation.

I am simply pointing out that rank is not really related quality of posts.

One can become top 10 with ever using an ability or unit that is not meta.

One can be equally biased regardless of if he rank 10 or 10.000.

One can be equally toxic regardless of if he rank 10 or 10.000.
26 Jan 2021, 23:59 PM

Please vote in this thread if you want to see this ability changed:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/107450/what-to-do-with-radio-silence
5 Feb 2021, 06:36 AM

I think the ability is unique and mostly fine. It just shouldn't be available constantly. Cost, duration and/or cooldown nerfs would be enough for me. If it could only be used once every ~5 minutes rather than every 2 minutes, the ability would still be great to play into (similar to saving up for a strafe and using it while attacking) while giving the opposing player a better chance to play around it. Hang back / retreat / play safe during the 30-60s it's active, then have at least another 5 minutes to play regularly. Similar to strafes or other global buff abilities.

I'm against removing or heavily adjusting a totally unique ability. In my opinion the game should have (had) more psychological warfare abilities, not fewer. It makes the game more exciting when players can choose to use indirect abilities rather than just brute force.

I totally agree with u,and I am against replacing the ability because of what u said and because more assets and voice lines will be removed for no reason.
5 Feb 2021, 06:58 AM

hi i have heard that radio silence is very potent in the top level, and concerns about its balance next patch has sprung up. I believe i have a solution

make radio silence a toggle ability for 1 muni/sec

i htink that this would be an excellent change that would unrailroad the ability from just being a button you press for 60 seconds that you cant edit, rather, you can leave it on for as long as you have muni. 1 minute for 40 muni is now 1 minute for 60 muni so it is a nerf.

How about for that HUGE nerf they get i don't know the ability to see everything of their opponent in the minimap.
5 Feb 2021, 11:04 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah having a blob run out from no where unseen and gun down an AT gun before you can possibly respond is super stupid.

Random thought though. Partisans are pretty weak and it could be cool if they had a permanent radio silence. Makes thematic sense too.
5 Feb 2021, 11:08 AM

Yeah having a blob run out from no where unseen and gun down an AT gun before you can possibly respond is super stupid.

Random thought though. Partisans are pretty weak and it could be cool if they had a permanent radio silence. Makes thematic sense too.

Partisan have cloak they do not need radio silence.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★