Login

russian armor

Improved postmatch stats

14 Jan 2021, 20:07 PM

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but is it possible for us to get accurate damage numbers after the match?

Right now I assume it's the XP value of the damage done. It would be much better if it were the actual damage

On a side note it would be nice if "wipes" were also reported in the postmatch. Like how many squads lost, how many tanks lost, etc. Rather then lumping individual models and tanks together as "units lost"
14 Jan 2021, 20:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

14 Jan 2021, 20:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-WTpw4CtrY&ab_channel=tightropegaming

Yeah I've seen that vid before. Useful info to have but it doesn't really have anything to do with what I was talking about in OP

I guess I can accept that it's too late to fix, but it's been this way since launch. Is there another reason it was never addressed?

I'm specifically referring to how the "damage done" isn't the actual damage. It's the XP value of that damage *i think*

14 Jan 2021, 21:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah I've seen that vid before. Useful info to have but it doesn't really have anything to do with what I was talking about in OP

I guess I can accept that it's too late to fix, but it's been this way since launch. Is there another reason it was never addressed?

I'm specifically referring to how the "damage done" isn't the actual damage. It's the XP value of that damage *i think*

Low priority for a feature which is essentially useless in the way it's presented. It's just there so noobs can flame one another because they got more kills or more efficiency.

Would i like to have SC2 levels of stats details? Absolutely. But i know this is Relic, Essence Engine and limited tools repertoire.

If WE can't fix it, there's no fix.
15 Jan 2021, 13:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but is it possible for us to get accurate damage numbers after the match?

Right now I assume it's the XP value of the damage done. It would be much better if it were the actual damage

On a side note it would be nice if "wipes" were also reported in the postmatch. Like how many squads lost, how many tanks lost, etc. Rather then lumping individual models and tanks together as "units lost"

I always assumed that the damage done is economical damage. Some form of "XP damage" makes sense too, but only god knows how they programmed it. I assume Relic wanted to keep the end game screen simple, but they made it pretty much useless. There are simply too many open questions: What is the actual 'damage' that is reported? What is efficiency? How is the cost of your own unit calculated? The initial investment, only the per-model reinforcement cost or both? How does partial damage count, reduced reinforcement costs, how are munition and fuel converted, how are abilities counted? The only chance to see which unit was "good" is to play the game for quite a lot of matches until you have a feeling which "efficiency" a unit should have. And only if a unit is way over your expectancy, then it probably performed well. But if you're at that point you already know what worked and what did not in your strategy.

I have to say though that I don't think that the actual damage is that much more helpful. If your ATG hits a Kübel a couple of times, while in another game it penned at KT instead, then the second one should be marked as better performance.

I think what we'd need instead is how much ('economical') damage and how many kills every unit did. Even shared kills (e.g. mortars have notoriously low kills but do decent damage). The current 'damage' calculation sums that up in a somewhat okayish manner, but more details would be nice.

Tracking all of this would not be a huge deal, since most of it seems to be tracked anyways but is never shown. We could have drop down menus, so you cannot only see how much damage all you ATGs did, but how much every single one of them did (with recrews). Then a details button to see how much damage it received from which source and how much it dealt against different units. There will be a lot of dead/not useful information in there too, but on the other hand also quite some important or at least interesting one. The current stats are simply broken not only on the level what is actually counted, but even on the level of how to read them because they are so obscure.

It won't happen in Coh2 anymore though since this would require actual coding...
15 Jan 2021, 14:11 PM

I guess one ca run some test and check. For instance ATG with different XP value fiirng on the same tanks and the same ATg firing on tank with different XP value could provide some idea how it being calculated. We all ready know that shot the bounce do not count.
15 Jan 2021, 14:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2021, 14:11 PMVipper
I guess one ca run some test and check. For instance ATG with different XP value fiirng on the same tanks and the same ATg firing on tank with different XP value could provide some idea how it being calculated. We all ready know that shot the bounce do not count.

I mean yes you could technically test it and probably even come up with all the information.

My point was more that even if you knew all the information, the information is so convoluted that it is hard to judge what to make of it. Especially if they do not count munition abilities and weapon upgrades into costs (I assume they do not by gut feeling).

And even this very last piece of potential information is tossed right our the window for USF vehicles that reset every time they dismount. The whole table is pretty much useless.
15 Jan 2021, 15:47 PM

I mean yes you could technically test it and probably even come up with all the information.

My point was more that even if you knew all the information, the information is so convoluted that it is hard to judge what to make of it. Especially if they do not count munition abilities and weapon upgrades into costs (I assume they do not by gut feeling).

And even this very last piece of potential information is tossed right our the window for USF vehicles that reset every time they dismount. The whole table is pretty much useless.

imo as long as one compare similar units , like ATG with ATG or infatry with infatry the report is useful.
15 Jan 2021, 19:19 PM

There's a lot of ways in which it's useless. I guess all I can hope for is a better one in coh3, cause you would think that a game like this would have better postmatch stats. There's so much detail in a match of coh it would be nice to get a better picture of it
15 Jan 2021, 19:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2021, 14:11 PMVipper

Test 1: they all shot once with hold fire against rear armor. Loaded with preview patch

Pak40 vs Tiger vet0 = 826dmg 258% efficiency
Zis vs Tiger vet0 = 550dmg 172%
Rak + mark vehicle from Command PV vs Tiger vet3 = 1032dmg 356%
6pounder vs Tiger vet 3 = 826dmg 258%

Test 2:

Vet3 pak vs vet3 Tiger = 826/258
Zis vs Tiger = 826/258
Rak + mark vs vet3 Tiger = 688/237
Pounder vs vet3 Tiger = 550/172

Test 3:
All vet 0, outside rifle range so crew don't shoot.

Pak = 826/258
Zis = 550/172
Rak + mark = 688/237
Pounder = 826/258

Test 4:
All vet 0 no mark 4x shots

Pak = 2753/861
Zis = 2753/861
Rak = 2478/855
Pounder = 3304/1033
57mm = 3304/1224

Test 5:
Same as test 4, but with cheatcommands v2 Game ends by setting enemy to win (i usually just kill enemy HQ)

Pak = 3029/947
Zis = 3029/947
Rak = 3029/1045
Pounder = 2478/775
57mm = 3029/1122
15 Jan 2021, 19:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you are going to do the test, i suggest you watch the replay afterwards and take a look at how the unit stats shows up information in real time. Specially in slow mo.

You'll realise that sometimes after a single shot, the stats briefly updates twice, which leads to the different numbers of dmg done.

EDIT: Dmg is sometimes updated even before the impact of the shell.
This is what i see: A dash "-" represents a different shot while a bar "/" represents a quick update on value on the same shot.

Pak: 550 - 826/1376 - 2203 - 3029
Zis: 550 - 1376 - 2203 - 3029
Pounder: 275/826 - 1376 - 1927 - 2478
Rak: 550 - 826/1376 - 1652/2203 - 2478/3029
57mm: 550 - 826/1376 - 1652/2203 - 2478/3029
15 Jan 2021, 20:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2021, 15:47 PMVipper

imo as long as one compare similar units , like ATG with ATG or infatry with infatry the report is useful.

Due to what it seems a problem with tickrate/update, you can't even compare the same units that they will be doing different damage.
15 Jan 2021, 20:16 PM

Due to what it seems a problem with tickrate/update, you can't even compare the same units that they will be doing different damage.

I have to test before I respond which I can not do now.
15 Jan 2021, 22:19 PM

I said it before, but the report is bugged, inaccurate, utterly random, very confusing, it ignores loads of gameplay (example AT bouncing counts as hits and sometimes not, depends on units), AoE is ignored on most weapons, it's very unclear of its calculation of any part, it doesn't like mods, it's asynchronous between players, calculates world objects damage (but not all of them), its asynchronous between units, and there's loads of other nonsense stuff I can't and won't list.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★