Login

russian armor

Pls change StG44 gun

4 Jan 2021, 12:10 PM

Maby they should firing in semi-automatic mode in long range fights(higher accuracy, lower rate of fire). Would be a cool way to balance this gun. Thus the idiotic exchange of G43 (good) for StG44 (much better) for PGs would then also be obsolete.

G43
Your text..
"Effective firing range 500 m, 800 m with scope"

StG44
Your text..
"300 m (330 yd) (automatic)
600 m (660 yd) (semi-automatic)[4]"

@Relic
At least consider this for CoH3, please.

4 Jan 2021, 12:14 PM

That's already how it is in game.

Also, this is game, not real life simulation, STGs are close to mid range weapon, G43 are mid to long.
4 Jan 2021, 12:24 PM

That's already how it is in game.

Also, this is game, not real life simulation, STGs are close to mid range weapon, G43 are mid to long.

LOL, CoH2 is light-years away from being a simulation. StG44 made the G43 obsolete. Its like throwing 2 panzerschrecks away for 2 anti-tank-rifles or downgrading the gun (short version) of the panzer 4. That's my point. It's just feels wrong.

You talking about the boring Rock paper scissors system. Guns should feel like guns, that made coh1 so awesome.
4 Jan 2021, 12:39 PM

You have confused this RTS game called CoH2 with Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Also CoH1 had the exact same solutions, just different numbers.
4 Jan 2021, 12:45 PM

Wtf? I am playing 90 % rts games and then rps and NO shooters. Stop talking nonsense, please. Thanks.
4 Jan 2021, 12:47 PM

Wtf? I am playing 90 % rts games and then rps and NO shooters. Stop talking nonsense, please. Thanks.

Should I hand you my glasses then?
Because all CQC automatic weapons shoot in semi auto and short bursts at longer ranges in CoH2.
4 Jan 2021, 12:48 PM

You talking about the boring Rock paper scissors system. Guns should feel like guns, that made coh1 so awesome.

Also CoH1 had the exact same solutions, just different numbers.

You're talking about how guns should feel like in video-games, and first/third-person-shooters are by default the source to go when talking about gun feel in video-games. Conclusively, the comparison makes sense, even if you are not personally playing these games. If you play CoH2 or CoH1 because you put a lot of expectations on realistic gun-feel, you are expecting the wrong stuff from your favourite RTS game. A lot of things don't make realistic sense in CoH2, but they make sense within the game world of CoH2, which is enough for as good as everyone.

Also, everyone is looking at CoH1 through rose-tinted glasses nowadays.
4 Jan 2021, 12:54 PM

You're talking about how guns should feel like, and first/third-person-shooters are the source to go when talking about gun feel in video-games. Therefore, the comparison makes sense, even if you are not personally playing these games. If you play CoH2 or CoH1 because you put a lot of expectations on gun-feel, you are expecting the wrong stuff from your favourite genre.

That's your opinion but not mine. Maby the word "gun-feel" was misplaced by me. I meant how a gun can effective used in combat. That's why the G43 is not an upgrade to a StG44. Its more like a downgrade.
Its destroying the immersive feeling.
4 Jan 2021, 12:56 PM

That's your opinion but not mine. Maby the word "gun-feel" was misplaced by me. I meant how a gun can effective used in combat. That's why the G43 is not an upgrade to a StG44. Its more like a downgrade.
Its destroying the immersive feeling.

Perhaps, but the game is not sold as a highly immersive ultra-realistic simulation. It's an arcade RTS, and they could have easily slapped any names on any weapons and still pass it as WW2 stuff. Right now, the stats in the game are good for the game mechanics intended within CoH2. Some updates will provide up and downs for different situations, which avoids many unlocks being auto-buy. It gives players a meaningful choice which depends on the state of the game.

You might want to look at other WW2 games if you expect high grade wikipedia-based realism.

edit: the term "gun-feel" is usually related to FPS (or 3rdPS) in game development circles. If you talk about gun-feel in video games, you mostly talk about games where the main player-controlled character is actively using the weapon in their hands.
4 Jan 2021, 13:25 PM

highly immersive ultra-realistic simulation

You must have meant: "ultra mega giga tera exa zetta realistic simulation." :D
Like you can see, I can also exaggerate.

4 Jan 2021, 13:27 PM

You must have meant: "ultra mega giga tera exa zetta realistic simulation." :D
Like you can see, I can also exaggerate.

What do you mean?
4 Jan 2021, 13:42 PM

Should I hand you my glasses then?
Because all CQC automatic weapons shoot in semi auto and short bursts at longer ranges in CoH2.

Checked it. They do single burst on long range but no semi auto firing mode with StG44s.
4 Jan 2021, 18:51 PM

5 Jan 2021, 04:04 AM

Welcome to COH2.org, you are literally wasting time with that infamous shitposter.
I suggest you ignoring him, for your own mental health.
5 Jan 2021, 04:06 AM

You're talking about how guns should feel like in video-games, and first/third-person-shooters are by default the source to go when talking about gun feel in video-games. Conclusively, the comparison makes sense, even if you are not personally playing these games. If you play CoH2 or CoH1 because you put a lot of expectations on realistic gun-feel, you are expecting the wrong stuff from your favourite RTS game. A lot of things don't make realistic sense in CoH2, but they make sense within the game world of CoH2, which is enough for as good as everyone.

Also, everyone is looking at CoH1 through rose-tinted glasses nowadays.

Because COH1 is (and was) a fuking great game, if you only consider Wehr vs US.
16 Jan 2021, 08:36 AM

Oh, coh is not a simulation? Then when we will introduce flying tanks?

Please stop this nonsensical argument that coh is not a simulation. We all know that it is not a simulation. This doesnt mean that certain concepts of reality cannot or should not be incorporated.

That being said I would agree that the stu44 (short/mid) and the g43 (mid/long) are rather well portaited in comparison to their rl counterparts.
16 Jan 2021, 09:03 AM

Perhaps, but the game is not sold as a highly immersive ultra-realistic simulation. It's an arcade RTS, and they could have easily slapped any names on any weapons and still pass it as WW2 stuff. Right now, the stats in the game are good for the game mechanics intended within CoH.

I disagree. While coh is certainly not a "ultra realistic simulation" its great sound, fine graphics and chosen setting do create some immersive vibe for the majority of customers. And no, they could have not "just slapped any names on any weapon". There are reasons for example why the Panther has stronger armor than the pz4 or why smgs dont hit well on long ranges.

Of course there always need to be compromises between gameplay and realism but coh is certainly not designed in an arbitrary context nor would it work in one. A certain plausibility in regard to the historical setting is clearly part of the design idea.
16 Jan 2021, 09:34 AM

Like Pls change Garand damage (8) because use cartridge 7.** mm like other bolt action Rifle ? (12-16) hell no
16 Jan 2021, 10:12 AM

This doesnt mean that certain concepts of reality cannot or should not be incorporated.

It means exactly that.
CoH2 is immersive game, not realistic.

You can't tell immersion and realism apart and are throwing tantrum over it.
16 Jan 2021, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 10:12 AMKatitof

It means exactly that

No it doesn't. He's saying there's a medium between fun and realism, which is exactly what CoH is. Unless you're trying to say that Relic completely made up the guns, tanks, and the armies they belong to?

They even specified which part of the front and the timelines of the war the factions are supposed to resemble....

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 10:12 AMKatitof

You can't tell immersion and realism apart and are throwing tantrum over it.

He actually explained his point pretty well. You on the other hand are telling people to go play Cod or Battlefield. That's the only tantrum in this thread
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 93
Netherlands 11
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak