Login

russian armor

Rework of 3v3+ map pool any time soon?

2 Jan 2021, 23:15 PM

Are maps like Angermunde, Ettelbruck station, Essen etc... ever going to be removed from the current map pool(super laney maps that favor only one play-style)?
Will there be another 3v3+ map pool rework any time soon? There are a lot of quite well balanced 3v3+ community made maps and the current map pool for 3v3 is weak. Even more so when you consider that winter maps completely remove FPS later on in game (at least for me, on RX 580 and Ryzen 5 1600) so a ban on all of them is necessary.
I know that the next map patch will focus on 1v1 and 2v2 (2v2 I understand as it's one of the more played modes but 1v1 only for tournaments?), but will there ever be a 3v3+ rework?

Eg: I personally consider maps like Steppes and Whiteball to be one of the best designed maps, ever, but I understand why some people like Redball and Ettel as they require minimal input and favor AOE. Is the community generally leaned on that side or are there more people that consider AngryMundy and Ettel horrible maps for team modes?
2 Jan 2021, 23:57 PM

Agreed. Ettelbruck and Angermunde are hot garbage. I honestly think the 4v4 map pool is fine but since it's the most popular and casual game mode it could use a larger variety of maps.
3 Jan 2021, 14:55 PM

Are maps like Angermunde, Ettelbruck station, Essen etc... ever going to be removed from the current map pool(super laney maps that favor only one play-style)?
Will there be another 3v3+ map pool rework any time soon? There are a lot of quite well balanced 3v3+ community made maps and the current map pool for 3v3 is weak. Even more so when you consider that winter maps completely remove FPS later on in game (at least for me, on RX 580 and Ryzen 5 1600) so a ban on all of them is necessary.
I know that the next map patch will focus on 1v1 and 2v2 (2v2 I understand as it's one of the more played modes but 1v1 only for tournaments?), but will there ever be a 3v3+ rework?

Eg: I personally consider maps like Steppes and Whiteball to be one of the best designed maps, ever, but I understand why some people like Redball and Ettel as they require minimal input and favor AOE. Is the community generally leaned on that side or are there more people that consider AngryMundy and Ettel horrible maps for team modes?

Steppe is like the worst map in the entire franchaise. Like real hot garbage.
3 Jan 2021, 17:24 PM

Steppe is like the worst map in the entire franchaise. Like real hot garbage.

For me it's one of the best: Open, wide, plenty of flank opportunity. No strong MG buildings that can lock down an area and force you to go mortar or fast nade tech. No lanes that make it easy for stuka to wipe model after model. No obvious LeFH/ML bombard areas. Basically no cheese tactic can survive that map.
3 Jan 2021, 18:13 PM

For me it's one of the best: Open, wide, plenty of flank opportunity. No strong MG buildings that can lock down an area and force you to go mortar or fast nade tech. No lanes that make it easy for stuka to wipe model after model. No obvious LeFH/ML bombard areas. Basically no cheese tactic can survive that map.

Its ok as a 4v4 map but its an awful 3v3 map.
3 Jan 2021, 18:19 PM

as a 2v2 player i kinda feel offended by this thread (not really)

have you ever had the pleasure of whitnessing the bombastic map variety that 2s have to offer?

never had i more fun in my life than while living threw 30 mins of shitshow on the likes of Poltawa, Stadtschutt, Liernaux, Moscow Outskirts, Road to Karkov, Ui Bug County, Crossing in the woods, Alliance of defiance (or every other whiteflash map other than Crossroads SUMMER) and so on
3 Jan 2021, 18:23 PM

But I love Ettelbruck....

Angrymunde is a piece of trash though.
3 Jan 2021, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2021, 18:19 PMBaba
as a 2v2 player i kinda feel offended by this thread (not really)

have you ever had the pleasure of whitnessing the bombastic map variety that 2s have to offer?

never had i more fun in my life than while living threw 30 mins of shitshow on the likes of Poltawa, Stadtschutt, Liernaux, Moscow Outskirts, Road to Karkov, Ui Bug County, Crossing in the woods, Alliance of defiance (or every other whiteflash map other than Crossroads SUMMER) and so on

I'm offended by your offendendism. I ask that you are to be canceled from COH2 and all of it's branches. Includes but not limited to vCoh, COH1 mods, Online COH, COH forums.
thank you

Jokes aside. What kinds of shitshows are you talking about? I'm all for shitshows and shitposting. however, I seldom played serious 2v2 games (standard custom games) so my knowledge is limited to the amount of shitshows. I do watch one or two 2v2 casts per week (shame there are no 3v3 casts as 4v4 casts are just pure mayhem)

But I love Ettelbruck....

Angrymunde is a piece of trash though.

You love ettelbruck because you love LeFHs. Don't deny it. Own it.

Its ok as a 4v4 map but its an awful 3v3 map.

As long as both teams have players spawned on the edges (so that only one player needs to walk the most to get out of base), it's all right. The great thing, IMHO, is that if you lose an area (say bottom fuel/VP), you can easily switch to mid and flank with smoke later on to retake bot. Some other maps have such strong encampments that you are forced to play calliope or some sort of mobile arty as say, USF. On steppes, any commander is viable because there are no cheese areas (like mid house on AngryMundy for MGs that can lock it out completely until some pak howi level indirect arrives, not to mention HORRIBLE pathing due to all the ramps). Agreed that 4v4 is better there but 3v3 is also quite good. Not as many arty shells due to it's wide areas and more tank engagements due to, again, wide areas.
3 Jan 2021, 19:26 PM

You love ettelbruck because you love LeFHs. Don't deny it. Own it.

Sure what's not to like? They're very deadly on urban maps against ppl who love to clump up with ambos nearby. Though if you go BG there you really only have LEFH as a reliable counter to Pak Howies, unless you want to backtech and enjoy staring down 1-2 shermans with raks.

North goes a very long way towards negating MGs by design and you can really outshine your opponent with skillful plays there. *Laughs in Sturmtruppenpio*
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS