Login

russian armor

Idea: OKW truck redeploy

4 Dec 2020, 16:00 PM

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I don't want to necro any old thread.
Since brits are able to deconstruct their emplacements, why not add this too?
The idea is very simple, OKW trucks would gain the ability to unpack and redeploy somewhere else. They wouldn't be able to change the type of truck building or gain any resources from unpacking, the ability would simply allow to move a building somewhere else.
Unpack and redeploy time would be the same as building construction time. A redeploying truck would be as vulnerable as any fresh trucks, so for example moving a schwerer panzer hq would mean a quite considerable risk of losing 120 fu in no time.
Overall the process would be risky and slow, so this is only feasible if the area is well secured anyway, under combat and near the frontline it would be suicide.
4 Dec 2020, 16:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is there code or animations for it?
4 Dec 2020, 16:55 PM

It would be great, but... nope, no code or anim for it, AFAIK
4 Dec 2020, 17:00 PM

Yes there is way to "cheat" and make it possible. If I remember correctly it already available in a MOD.

Now it it advisable is another story since a "creeping" medic truck can become an issue.
4 Dec 2020, 17:09 PM

It would be great, but... nope, no code or anim for it, AFAIK

I don't know much about coh2 modding (apart from being very limited) so I was wondering wether animations could be played backwards. In worst case I imagined the unpacking happening in stages, similar to how opel resource truck and 223 deploys in sort of stages.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2020, 17:00 PMVipper
Yes there is way to "cheat" and make it possible. If I remember correctly it already available in a MOD.

Now it it advisable is another story since a "creeping" medic truck can become an issue.

Yes, it would need testing, I'm hoping that the truck's vulnerability and the long unpacking and deploying time discourages that.
On the other hand it would partially solve defensive and overwatch doctrine's inability to reinforce their lefh 18s and pak 43s.
4 Dec 2020, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2020, 17:00 PMVipper
Yes there is way to make cheat and make it possible

Now that you mention it, is is the all units mod?

Not sure how compatible that would be with the current tech system nor if it passes normal game standards.
4 Dec 2020, 17:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It is indeed implemented in the All Units mod. The animations are not flawless, but I think decent enough. This mod changes the trucks though. There are three types of trucks from the main HQ and you pay the full price for the truck. Unpacking spawns the same type of truck and the construct is always free.

Not ideal for vanilla.

4 Dec 2020, 17:28 PM

It is indeed implemented in the All Units mod. The animations are not flawless, but I think decent enough. This mod changes the trucks though. There are three types of trucks from the main HQ and you pay the full price for the truck. Unpacking spawns the same type of truck and the construct is always free.

Not ideal for vanilla.

I wonder if making each animation frames shorter, but repeating those frames multiple times to extend the unpacking time is possible. It would in theory prevent seeing fragments of the building process (like the boxes being placed for a split second). But I guess it would result in a pretty sizeable unit file too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
United Kingdom 22
Korea, Republic Of 9
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %