Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] UKF Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (42)down
23 Dec 2020, 13:31 PM

and all you have said about them uptill then was EHP

i suggest you actually use them in live game to get a grip of what they are now, then may be provide some replay of your "tests"? a couple of k dmg again AI or some win on empty test map mean very little.

I live the are build in T1 and heavy sapper have moving penalty both changes are a huge buff to them.

a ton of munition for a mediocer performance and locking out the comet isnt "drawbacks", sure, im done with this.

The upgrade at 60 mu for repair speed, weapons and armor is one of the cheapest upgrade in game.

Comet/Churchill are separate issues.

In the preview there are no real drawback in getting the upgrade and still remain a badly desing upgrade.

there are nothing wrong with the fact that an unit can punch above there weight with that kind of invesment, i pay triple the amount of munition to get similar lever of performance.

The unit perform above it cost and role with heavy Sapper upgrade alone, it does need any other weapons upgrades, that 3 weapons option is simply the icing on the cake.

If you compare them with engineers from other faction it is evident.

23 Dec 2020, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 13:31 PMVipper

I live the are build in T1 and heavy sapper have moving penalty both changes are a huge buff to them.

apart from the moving speed debuff, all other stat is the same, meaning the EHP and dmg output is the same, and in live they dont create any issues/complain about combat performance with 3 lmg setup.

The upgrade at 60 mu for repair speed, weapons and armor is one of the cheapest upgrade in game.

The repair is on par with other engie, and the combat performance of it ALONE is nothing special.

Comet/Churchill are separate issues.

the tech path to get to heavy engineer is related.

In the preview there are no real drawback in getting the upgrade and still remain a badly desing upgrade.

The unit perform above it cost and role with heavy Sapper upgrade alone, it does need any other weapons upgrades, that 3 weapons option is simply the icing on the cake.

and what exactly match up that a heavy sapper with an vicker K alone can stand up for ?
The upgrade alone provide a solid combo, but doesnt dis out any thing special COMBAT-WISE (as you mostly concern about their combat capable), and if more weapon upgrads are stacked up, the cost kick in and is a drawback.

i will make it clear, being badly designed and being broken/OP are two difference thing that you are trying to mix up when picking up my line and assuming that we share opinion. And, you are deflecting away from the part that you have to provide your replay on testing that prove the OP in heavy sapper 3 lmgs combat performance.
23 Dec 2020, 13:58 PM

apart from the moving speed debuff, all other stat is the same, meaning the EHP and dmg output is the same, and in live they dont create any issues/complain about combat performance with 3 lmg setup.

The moving speed penalty is enough to keep the unit from fighting effectively.

The repair is on par with other engie, and the combat performance of it ALONE is nothing special.

the tech path to get to heavy engineer is related.

and what exactly match up that a heavy sapper with an vicker K alone can stand up for ?
The upgrade alone provide a solid combo, but doesnt dis out any thing special COMBAT-WISE (as you mostly concern about their combat capable), and if more weapon upgrads are stacked up, the cost kick in and is a drawback.

i will make it clear, being badly designed and being broken/OP are two difference thing that you are trying to mix up when picking up my line and assuming that we share opinion. And, you are deflecting away from the part that you have to provide your replay on testing that prove the OP in heavy sapper 3 lmgs combat performance.

I am not mixing anything up and I have not claim the the upgrade is "broken", that simply katitof.

This is my original post which I think you agree:
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2020, 22:49 PMVipper
With the changes to Sapper heavy sapper upgrades with 3 weapons + minespweers need to be look at.

23 Dec 2020, 19:17 PM

I surprised to see that HMG ability change has not been reverted.

The 52 range HMG is simply broken pls fix it.
23 Dec 2020, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 13:58 PMVipper

The moving speed penalty is enough to keep the unit from fighting effectively.

They were spammed and used with tripple lmg in active combat despite that.
Do you know why they are not anymore?
Because once LMGs were nerfed and their original durability was nerfed and their original vet was nerfed, they because completely irrelevant as anything else but a repair bot.

If they are going to see any kind of active combat use, then that's amazing, a dead unit brought to life, don't need to shit your pants in fear over that.

I am not mixing anything up and I have not claim the the upgrade is "broken", that simply katitof.

This is my original post which I think you agree:

Literally every single person on this forum knows that "looked at" in your dictionary means "nerf hard".
You're not fooling anyone.

And if that's what you somehow actually meant, then we've looked at it.
Its fine.

Now we've looked at it, we can finally move on.

23 Dec 2020, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 20:14 PMKatitof

Here is a little and game stat from a preview game.

https://www.coh2.org/file/19332/heavy-sapper1.jpg

https://www.coh2.org/file/19331/heavy-sapper-2.jpg

19 kill and 652% efficiency

Now feel free to install the game, use the RO.E and prove that "are very bad in actual combat" as you claim.
23 Dec 2020, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:10 PMVipper

Now feel free to install the game, use the RO.E and prove that "are very bad in actual combat" as you claim.

Is this some kind of early April fools joke?
23 Dec 2020, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:14 PMKatitof

Is this some kind of early April fools joke?

once more you are projecting (because you are an April fools joke)
23 Dec 2020, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:16 PMVipper

once more you are projecting (because you are an April fools joke)

Ok then.

Lets focus on real balance problem then.
Clarly from my stats compared to your stats we can see that pios are 350% more overpowered then REs and they require much lower investment of only 60 muni per squad as opposed to bolster+anvil+90for brens+70 or however much it costs now for heavy sappers.

Do you see how bullshit that post of yours is or should we continue your clown performance?

@mods if you don't think of posting post game stats to argument anything as an utter joke as well then this site is completely hopeless.
23 Dec 2020, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:34 PMKatitof

Still waiting for any test done by you that backs your claim that "are very bad in actual combat".

Until then pls stop quoting me.

Seriously now, have played a single preview game?
23 Dec 2020, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:46 PMVipper

Still waiting for any test done by you that backs your claim that "are very bad in actual combat". Until then pls stop quoting me.

I just did and posted the results.
It shows that pioneers perform much better then upgraded REs as you can see if you compare our screenshots.
Clearly pios have much higher efficiency, you can't ignore that, its stat from in-game that YOU yourself brought up.
23 Dec 2020, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:48 PMKatitof

I just did and posted the results.
It shows that pioneers perform much better then upgraded REs as you can see if you compare our screenshots.

Because my stat come from actual 2vs2 preview game.
23 Dec 2020, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:49 PMVipper

Ofc, how do you think I got these pio numbers up for you so we can compare which one is more efficient?
Its clearly pios despite your claims.
23 Dec 2020, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:49 PMVipper

Because my stat come from actual 2vs2 preview game.

To be fair post-game efficiency scores don't prove much at all because it provides no context whatsoever for how they were used. It's pretty easy to rack up high efficiency if they are flanking support weapons and killing crews vs. equiping them with Brens and going toe to toe with other infantry or whatever. It's also doesn't say anything about the quality of the match as beating up on a lower skill opponent and racking up efficiency doesn't prove much either. Now if you have a replay of a heavy sapper death blob then by all means share it, otherwise I think we can all agree that Sappers are fine-ish combat troops but nothing about the heavy sapper buff is going to really change the fact that most people will continue to use them primarily as repair and PIAT platforms...
23 Dec 2020, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:50 PMKatitof

Ofc, how do you think I got these pio numbers up for you so we can compare which one is more efficient?
Its clearly pios despite your claims.

I have not made any claims about pios.

I have provided the result of 2vs2 game (with actual player) where Sapper performed better than the rest of the units.

https://www.coh2.org/file/19333/sapper4.jpg

You have provided nothing that included Heavy sappers.

Are you claiming that the photo you have provided is from an actually preview game vs players?
23 Dec 2020, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 21:10 PMVipper

In all honesty, these post-screen stat efficiencies are pretty useless, and people post them usually for jokes. One good flank with any unit, and suddenly the game decides that it is the most useful unit and the player of the game. Of course, you're going to get high efficiency with the unit since you don't have many other units built either and fully focused on getting these stats high up for the unit. From what it stands even the AT gun seems OP, as it was considered MVU by the game. So, yeah, post-game stat screens are useless, and a pretty much of a joke in any balance discussions. Now if you had a replay or even some good gameplay moments as a video, that'd be different.
23 Dec 2020, 22:15 PM

To be fair post-game efficiency scores don't prove much at all because it provides no context whatsoever for how they were used. It's pretty easy to rack up high efficiency if they are flanking support weapons and killing crews vs. equiping them with Brens and going toe to toe with other infantry or whatever. It's also doesn't say anything about the quality of the match as beating up on a lower skill opponent and racking up efficiency doesn't prove much either. Now if you have a replay of a heavy sapper death blob then by all means share it, otherwise I think we can all agree that Sappers are fine-ish combat troops but nothing about the heavy sapper buff is going to really change the fact that most people will continue to use them primarily as repair and PIAT platforms...

The problem is we can not all agree that "Sappers are fine-ish combat troops" since katitof claims they:

"are very bad in actual combat"

I suggest you test vet 3 heavy sappers vs any infatry you see fit in cheat mod and see how they perform.
24 Dec 2020, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 22:15 PMVipper

The problem is we can not all agree that "Sappers are fine-ish combat troops" since katitof claims they:

"are very bad in actual combat"

I suggest you test vet 3 heavy sappers vs any infatry you see fit in cheat mod and see how they perform.

They do pretty much what you would expect IMO. Dueling green cover at like 10 range 5 Man Sappers lose to Vet 5 Volks and Vet 3 LMG Grens but are fairly competitive. Anything else is what you would expect - they do better at point blank and worse farther away. Adding more Brens tips the scale in their favor. I guess it's up to you whether or not you think Anvil Tech + Heavy Sapper upgrade cost should let them be competitive against mainline infantry. If you're dumping more munitions into them and tying up your engineer/snaring squad in combat its more than fair I think. Any other situation it's just them firing the Vickers for extra chip damage at long range which is nonconsequential.
24 Dec 2020, 01:31 AM

Dont be Silly Vipper. Your proofs are stupid and pointless. Give us a real replay or big test in cheatmode !
Heavy Sapper wont be " fine-ish Combat troops" even with moving speed buff. They are lack of combat vet, take too late and too much investment to gain nearly 97% DPS of MG42 Gren vet 3.
PAGES (42)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 3
United Kingdom 158
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %