Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] UKF Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (42)down
29 Nov 2020, 14:33 PM

I’d like to see the universal carrier have a little more utility. Maybe a recon upgrade for capping and speed bonus or something?

It should have been given an upgrade which turn it into a ambulance clone instead of the current medic squad, and a smoke discharger like on the valentine instead of section's off map smoke
29 Nov 2020, 14:43 PM

Overall the patch is a good thing. Thank you for your continuous work.
I still think UKF is in the most awkward spot of all factions. My thoughts:

Mortar emplacement:
The cheaper and upgradeable mortar is a real good idea. Thumbs up! But I’m not sure about the 180 range mortar shells. This will promote playing Advanced Emplacement Regiment with Repair stations again. Don’t think that is a good way to go. I would be all in for the mobile Land Mattress as a stock unit instead. Locked either behind AEC/Bofors tech or in last building, not entirely sure about the timing. An Avre or Crocodile could fit the spirit of “Mobile Assault Regiment” as a replacement for doctrinal Land Mattress ability.
With the changes to the mortar emplacement I do think the mobile mortar of Lend Lease is less viable, may be exchange it for a flame grenade/flamer bundle or something like smoke cover from Commando doctrine or keep it and give it Vet1 WhitePhosporous or Flares for some more utility. All this would fit the aggressive play style of that commander.

Heavy Sappers:
All in for the idea of removing Vickers at heavy sappers upgrade. Just make the upgrade cheaper and give them the ability to build demo charges (like commandos) or throw satchel charges (AI/AT?). Would give more game options and fit the idea of heavy engineers. Maybe add a flamer upgrade, so you can use them on building heavy maps in late game as a heavy fortification assault unit (do they still have the armor upgrade?).
29 Nov 2020, 15:04 PM

Heavy Sappers:
All in for the idea of removing Vickers at heavy sappers upgrade. Just make the upgrade cheaper and give them the ability to build demo charges (like commandos) or throw satchel charges (AI/AT?). Would give more game options and fit the idea of heavy engineers. Maybe add a flamer upgrade, so you can use them on building heavy maps in late game as a heavy fortification assault unit (do they still have the armor upgrade?).

The idea of heavy supper with flamer scary since the units has great target size and armor and the only thing keeping them back so far is the speed penalty.

Actually the upgrade should be mutually exclusive with the doctrinal flamers
29 Nov 2020, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 15:04 PMVipper

The idea of heavy supper with flamer scary since the units has great target size and armor and the only thing keeping them back so far is the speed penalty.

Actually the upgrade should be mutually exclusive with the doctrinal flamers

It was only one idea of many (-> demo charges / satchel charges...). Giving their timing it shouldn't be that scary. We are talking about late game with a lot of AI options and elite infantry on opposing side. Either way we will have that situation at Mobile Assault Regiment nonetheless as you already implied, I don't think it will be op. But we will see of course.
29 Nov 2020, 15:17 PM

It was only one idea of many (-> demo charges / satchel charges...). Giving their timing it shouldn't be that scary. We are talking about late game with a lot of AI options and elite infantry on opposing side. Either way we will have that situation at Mobile Assault Regiment nonetheless as you already implied, I don't think it will be op. But we will see of course.

The idea of repair bonus, an lmg and armor is combined is bad.

My suggestions was:
Hammer heavy get heavy gammon bomb and armor.
Anvil Heavy engineer get repair boost and possibly vicker k/enflieds.
29 Nov 2020, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 15:15 PMVipper

Coming for the person who though Penal battalion will flamer will not be an issue and proven completely wrong, I can not take you opinion seriously.

Just won't get between Katitof and you, but T1 Penals with Flamer were in a completely different time frame. Yeah, they were an issue. But thats absolutely not comparable or scaleable: Different factions and early vs late...
29 Nov 2020, 15:25 PM

Just won't get between Katitof and you,

You are not he has not interest in providing any feedback since he does not play the game and just likes to troll.

but T1 Penals with Flamer were in a completely different time frame. Yeah, they were an issue. But thats absolutely not comparable or scaleable: Different factions and early vs late...

My suggestion test flamer Ro. e in game.

As for penal comparison it non constructive but if you want to make it:
Ro. e:
cost only 210 and are dirty cheap to reinforce
start with 0.9 size and up with 0.59 and armor on top of that
Get a flamer and 2 LMG
Have AT grenades

so I suspect they will be a problem also.

Still don't like your suggestion of Anvil Engineers. That way you have IS clones (LMG+Enfields) with additional engineer options. Wow, that is a lackluster. Why not making them a unique fighting unit?

The problem with Vickers K is that it does not work well with smg so giving them enfields is actually a buff.

In addition since the have superior repair speed they should designed to be used less aggressively, the upgrade is optional anyway.
29 Nov 2020, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 15:17 PMVipper

My suggestions was:

Still don't like your suggestion of Anvil Engineers. That way you have IS clones (LMG+Enfields) with additional engineer options. Wow, that is a lackluster. Why not making them a unique fighting unit?
29 Nov 2020, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 15:25 PMVipper

My suggestion test flamer Ro e in game.

Don't have, but yeah I will do.
29 Nov 2020, 15:53 PM

The UI could be touched up. It seems we forgot to mention those rounds are essentially 120mm Soviet Mortar rounds. Will be sure to touch that up soon.

I'm not sure if I like this from a readability standpoint. Maybe there's another way to keep it from temporarily becoming a heavy mortar? For instance, the ability could start with longer-range standard rounds, and offmap 4.2 inch mortar shells or even the base 25 lbrs could take over the second half of the barrage.
I also prefer the "Supercharge" name as a CoH1 callback.
29 Nov 2020, 15:59 PM

The UI could be touched up. It seems we forgot to mention those rounds are essentially 120mm Soviet Mortar rounds. Will be sure to touch that up soon.

Think it would be a better idea to make the two mortars different weapons. That could help so that the 2 mortar do not fire simultaneously and thus be one of the few support weapons that "one shoot" enemy squad.

The original design of the mortar had 2 types of munitions anyway.
29 Nov 2020, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 15:59 PMVipper

Think it would be a better idea to make the two mortars different weapons. That could help so that the 2 mortar do not fire simultaneously.

Why?
Its pointless and serves no function.

Nothing prevents getting dual mortar with any other faction and shooting them at the same time nor does it cause any kind of issue.
29 Nov 2020, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 15:17 PMVipper

My suggestions was:

Riles at that late of the game will not very useful, and changing from smg to rifle is just strange.
The easiest way will be just remove the vicker K and reduce the cost down to 45 muni and call it advance engineer training to get rid of the "heavy" part, indicate that they are nolonger slow.

Or, if possible, let them stat with rifle and can be upgrade to sten gun with ass engi M3's proflie after AEC or boffor tech. This "assault sapper" upgrade should lock out sweeper/heavy sapper and can come with heavy gammon bomb moved from section (you allway want to moved it from sections, no ? i got it). This can also be a path to get to 5th man engineer in case a rework of bolster happen and it nolonger global, along with heavy sapper upgrade also provide a 5th man.
29 Nov 2020, 16:16 PM

Riles at that late of the game will not very useful, and changing from smg to rifle is just strange.

Actually rifles at late game are more useful than the sten because they do not get destroyed while trying to close the distance.

The easiest way will be just remove the vicker K and reduce the cost down to 45 muni and call it advance engineer training to get rid of the "heavy" part, indicate that they are nolonger slow.

That is also an option. The problem here thou is flamer/armor combination. I would be tempted to removed the mu cost and armor and be done with it. That would make sapper gain repair speed passively.

Or, if possible, let them stat with rifle and can be upgrade to sten gun with ass engi M3's proflie after AEC or boffor tech. This "assault sapper" upgrade should lock out sweeper/heavy sapper and can come with heavy gammon bomb moved from section (you allway want to moved it from sections, no ? i got it). This can also be a path to get to 5th man engineer in case a rework of bolster happen and it nolonger global, along with heavy sapper upgrade also provide a 5th man.
Yes heavy gammon bombs are much better suited for Ro.E.
29 Nov 2020, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 16:16 PMVipper

Actually rifles at late game are more useful than the sten because they do not get destroyed while trying to close the distance.

Fair enough, my biggest issue was the strange felling of upgrade from smg to rifle, which i belive should be avoided.

That is also an option. The problem here thou is flamer/armor combination. I would be tempted to removed the mu cost and armor and be done with it. That would make sapper gain repair speed passively.

Double building and repair rate for free ? Now event i as an UKF main have to admit that will be too much of a bonus. With the muni freed from the sapper upgrade, you will see mine everywhere late game or a lot of off map, etc. it is just pure pleasure to plant mine with heavy sapper since they just do it very fast and now i have event more muni to spend. I cant wait te see such a change.

On serious side, making it free may lead to a require of reducing in the bonus on sapper, whicj i dont want to see, i will take the current bonus without the LMG and armor for 30 muni, or many be nolonger take extra dmg while repairing for 45 muni.

Yes heavy gammon bombs are much better suited for Ro.E.

i already mod it myself, it not too difficult to do i can say, along with a bolster rework. Despite that, balance team still holding up on taking this one of a time change to get it done and it make me quite sad.
The calculations needed to balance it out may be large, i know, but if OKW is event having a tech rework which can turn out making a completely new dominance snowball meta, what can be so scary about touching bolster anyway ?
PAGES (42)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS