Login

russian armor

Recovery sappers salvage

15 Nov 2020, 23:35 PM

Aren't the values a little too nerfed? I did some testing and you gain pretty much nothing from the salvages now, a heavy tank like ISU only gives like 10 fuel while most of other vehicles only give 3-5. I wonder why even bother making a special unit anymore, just give the smoke grenade to regular sappers and call it a day.
15 Nov 2020, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2020, 23:35 PMzerocoh
Aren't the values a little too nerfed? I did some testing and you gain pretty much nothing from the salvages now, a heavy tank like ISU only gives like 10 fuel while most of other vehicles only give 3-5. I wonder why even bother making a special unit anymore, just give the smoke grenade to regular sappers and call it a day.

Return depends on the health of the wreck.
16 Nov 2020, 00:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overnerfed (due to ambulance cheese) and badly implemented at the end of the day.

From an older post:

There's several problems with how it was implemented.

1- You can not salvage abandoned units. This includes vehicles. Therefore you will never get resources out of MGs or Mortars.

2- Teamweapons such as AT guns do leave a wreck, therefore you can salvage them. They give small amount of fuel/muni.
ISG/Pack Howie gives mp.

3- You can't salvage certain bigger support weapons.
You can do so with Soviet Howitzer, but not with B4.
You can't with LeFH, but you can with Pak43 (both OKW and OH).

4- Values were normalised, but you will never get those values out of it. All wrecks start with 50% HP when a unit is killed.

5- While the LeFH is not able to be harvested, it's the one the exception at been at full health.

If possible i would start by making all wrecks start at 100% HP.
Pip
16 Nov 2020, 00:22 AM

Overnerfed (due to ambulance cheese) and badly implemented at the end of the day.

From an older post:

If possible i would start by making all wrecks start at 100% HP.

Really, there's no logical reason for Wrecks to not start at full health. "Health" is relative, if they're starting at "half" health, that may as well just be their max health. The remainder of the health bar is just meaningless, as they can never be healed.

Given how easily they can be cleared away it would be nice to make them more durable in general.
16 Nov 2020, 01:00 AM

I tested it for you as well, scavenging an ISU-152 gives you 19 fuel and 24 munitions, which is great.

Also consider Recovery Sappers have:
- Smoke nades.
- Faster repair rate.
- Free sweeper (does make it harder to vet them up in combat).
- Flares over wrecks when called in.

So there's really no issue with them.
16 Nov 2020, 01:56 AM

Relic was probably planning to pull a bergertiger on coh2, which would work like that, a half health wreck would become a vehicle again when fully repaired.

I also feel that "full health" wrecks would just create a ton of heavy cover which would severely benefit one side with all the RNG that going on the game.
21 Nov 2020, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2020, 23:35 PMzerocoh

Probably. Sappers are about the worst Engineer unit the game has.
21 Nov 2020, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2020, 03:43 AMCODGUY

Probably. Sappers are about the worst Engineer unit the game has.

Really? I thought with the exception of sturms they were the best nondoc engineerunits.
21 Nov 2020, 13:17 PM

Its a strange and rare doctrine overall. This one and the Advanced Emplacements are the only UKF doctrines I don't have. Recovery sappers, the air drops and a special Forward Assembly that can call in various off maps seem situational at first glance but it could be a lot of fun in team games.

I tested it for you as well, scavenging an ISU-152 gives you 19 fuel and 24 munitions, which is great.

Also consider Recovery Sappers have:
- Smoke nades.
- Faster repair rate.
- Free sweeper (does make it harder to vet them up in combat).
- Flares over wrecks when called in.

So there's really no issue with them.

The tooltips give a wildly different picture. It looks like a useful unit in this case.

Really? I thought with the exception of sturms they were the best nondoc engineerunits.

Indeed, UKF Engineers are great, and equippable with various weapons on top of their AT grenade.
21 Nov 2020, 13:23 PM

Its a strange and rare doctrine overall. This one and the Advanced Emplacements are the only UKF doctrines I don't have. Recovery sappers, the air drops and a special Forward Assembly that can call in various off maps seem situational at first glance but it could be a lot of fun in team games.

The tooltips give a wildly different picture. It looks like a useful unit in this case.

Indeed, UKF Engineers are great, and equippable with various weapons on top of their AT grenade.

It's my most used commander when playing brits whether solo or team games. Out of all the Churchill crocodile commanders, I think it's the best one, but very muni intensive. Would recommend.

Also, totes agreed, sappers may not have the killing power of Sturms or Commandos but I think they can make decent CQB infantry if supported. I just wish they there was a doctrine to give them tank traps..
21 Nov 2020, 16:17 PM

You are correct. Sappers are great. AT nade + ability to carry piats which, in case the AT gun or tank gets destroyed, you are not left without any pew pew against tanks. Sappers being weak is a delusional idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★