Login

russian armor

Germans now completely Click 'n Win.

raw
15 Nov 2013, 20:47 PM

This game is bullshit. It won't go anywhere until Relic replaces whoever is responsible for Balance (if any). The grossest insult is that the balance patches, the patches in general, have nothing, NOTHING, to do with what is actually happening ingame. It's like balance has been outsourced to martians. I am out.

15 Nov 2013, 20:50 PM

what germans?

Not the ones i use .....i cant get past t70 t34 spam.
15 Nov 2013, 20:54 PM
Donator 22

what germans?

+1 or heavy machine gun spam
15 Nov 2013, 21:01 PM

I don't think Germans are right now in a click'n'win situation, but I really think that the Tiger Ace is the most stupid unit in the game and it breaks some of the fundamental core mechanics in any strategic game.

Sadly, a lot of people paid for it, so the probability of that aberration being removed from the game is zero.
15 Nov 2013, 21:51 PM

A simple fix for the tiger ace would be to just make it like every other heavy tank: Make it a call-in that requires a lot of saved up resources.

For example:
Unit: Tiger ace
1100 mp, 340 fuel, 36 supply, 6 cp.

There. Done. Instant balance.

Free super units that all stop income go against many of the core mechanics of this game. Most defenders of this unit call it a 'last ditch effort', and justify it's existence because the game is over after it dies. However, not only should such a free second chance not exist, but these people forget the fact that the Tiger ace is not a 'last ditch' effort unit at all. It's a unit that can be called in for free in an otherwise totally even game and be used to instantly crush your opponent. It does not matter that the resource flow stops when the game is over in 1 attack.
15 Nov 2013, 21:56 PM

balance and new commandersd are the only reason why i stop playing CoH2 after SNF
15 Nov 2013, 22:08 PM

balance and new commandersd are the only reason why i stop playing CoH2 after SNF

It is time to bet when this game is about to die... 2 months? 3? not long...
Germans are made to lose and soviet are made to win : simple as that.
Except the ace tiger, which is a troll unit, i dont understand the point of it.

The game was great at start, with little balances issues. Now its just unplayable or one sided : the balance gap is huge.

Im just disappointed...
15 Nov 2013, 22:16 PM

Try soviet industry. super op
15 Nov 2013, 22:43 PM

umm hello all games are click to win douche.... thats what you do in video games you click and push buttons and try to win.... idiot
15 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

umm hello all games are click to win douche.... thats what you do in video games you click and push buttons and try to win.... idiot

This was unnecesary...
He has a few points,this game is impossible to play when your opponent gets instant veterancy and a troll tank (Germans) or a light tank in 4-5 minutes(Soviets) or so...
15 Nov 2013, 23:47 PM

germans have always been click and win MVGame
16 Nov 2013, 00:57 AM

Elite Troops Click 'n Win?

Industry Click 'n Win Faster.

MVGame
16 Nov 2013, 02:05 AM

This was unnecesary...
He has a few points,this game is impossible to play when your opponent gets instant veterancy and a troll tank (Germans) or a light tank in 4-5 minutes(Soviets) or so...

I don't think the starting post makes any sense or should be taken seriously or even with respect. On the one hand you shouldn't lower yourself onto the that level to respond, on the other hand the thread is already useless.

raw
16 Nov 2013, 08:37 AM

I don't think the starting post makes any sense or should be taken seriously or even with respect. On the one hand you shouldn't lower yourself onto the that level to respond, on the other hand the thread is already useless.

How does it not make any sense to you? I'll rephrase: The game is more frustrating than fun to play, largely because of the poop balance. It's not even that one side or the other is OP here or there, the fundamental way the units/factions are being designed is wrong.
Back in the day, units where designed for coolness and applicability. Now it's just some artist farting a model and someone keying in numbers into some excel table. And then the forums go into full riot mode, because tank A now has +5 B. Yeah, that will change things. Not.
It's not even that Relic is doing that alone, SC2 has the *EXACT* *SAME* profound design issues. It's like someone wrote a specification. And it's garbage.
16 Nov 2013, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2013, 08:37 AMraw

How does it not make any sense to you? I'll rephrase: The game is more frustrating than fun to play, largely because of the poop balance.

I disagree completely, core balance is perfectly fine and relic has actually done a good job here.

It's just that new commanders have been game breaking.

Initially, tbh, the release of these new commanders the first time round when they haven't been tested, I thought it was Sega playing their hand here as it seemed uncharateristic for Relic to do something as unmethodical as that.
16 Nov 2013, 09:17 AM

You really need to give some concrete examples to avoid sounding like a senseless rant.
16 Nov 2013, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned
This thread is full kartoffel, kartoshka and potato.
16 Nov 2013, 11:28 AM

what germans?

+1 (with sovjet industry commander of course)
16 Nov 2013, 11:44 AM

I must say, I don't think I've lost a game since the patch. I'm a hardcore Soviet fanboy and I'm getting the feeling now that Soviets have a bit more of a chance to flex their muscles given the changes to starting MP and the like. I can't say though if balance has been fundamentally lost however, I'd like to think I'm a good player though. I've been playing mostly 2v2s without myself using Soviet Industry (don't even own it) and I have run into Tiger Aces.
I even predominantly used Penals with a good deal of success. I'm noticing that there are a lot more Soviet players as well...
16 Nov 2013, 12:07 PM
Donator 11

It funny to see how top players actually see themselves as super important to the game when in reality you hardly matter at all. Relic will release some balance patches and the show will go on, if lots of top players retire there is always new "top players" that emerge and everyone will forget about you. Or you come crawling back and look like a moron.

The patch has not even been out a week and you are crying like a 10 year girl to mommy because you dont get instantly what you want.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★