Login

russian armor

Rifle Company Should have the M1919

18 Oct 2020, 09:08 AM

Personally I would go for a m1 carbine upgrade as it would be far more unique. If you want a Thompson squad you can get can rifles, paras or rangers

If they can become 6 man with all carbine then the upgrade is considerable compare to BAR. I personally would like to see 6 man rifle with 1 to 2 carbine and fire up attached to the upgrade, in exchange for no Bar ofc.
18 Oct 2020, 09:09 AM

If they can become 6 man with all carbine then the upgrade is considerable compare to BAR. I personally would like to see 6 man rifle with 1 to 2 carbine and fire up attached to the upgrade, in exchange for no Bar ofc.

At this point.... just use paras?
18 Oct 2020, 09:16 AM

6man rifles is the kind of dumb idea that gave birth to the absolute abomination that is 6man G43 Fusiliers.
18 Oct 2020, 10:31 AM

True, hence why it includes the highly mobile rifleman field defenses.

Assault (sprint), secure and then hold (building fighting positions and mines), it works that way.
But sprinting with M1919s doesn't.
18 Oct 2020, 11:10 AM

Assault (sprint), secure and then hold (building fighting positions and mines), it works that way.
But sprinting with M1919s doesn't.

Don't care whatsoever, it's called rifle company, not sprinting company. It's allowed to have non-mobile elements to it.

Sprinting and M1919s would work very well together to control space and positioning. I'd be very much in favour of this change.
18 Oct 2020, 11:26 AM

Don't care whatsoever, it's called rifle company, not sprinting company. It's allowed to have non-mobile elements to it.

Sprinting and M1919s would work very well together to control space and positioning. I'd be very much in favour of this change.

Having a LMG unit that can spring is generally a bad idea since the unit would be able to create distance vs unit mid/close oriented units.
18 Oct 2020, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 09:09 AMKatitof

At this point.... just use paras?

This isn't airborne coy. The upgrade will be available much earlier than para(which is 3cp if im not mistaken), and only add 1/2 carbine. If everyone dont like 6 man rifle then just forget about it.
18 Oct 2020, 12:15 PM

This isn't airborne coy. The upgrade will be available much earlier than para(which is 3cp if im not mistaken), and only add 1/2 carbine. If everyone dont like 6 man rifle then just forget about it.

Ok then, now riddle me this: Why have a doctrinal upgrade that is significantly WEAKER then stock option when the stock option is also extremely early game?

Dual BARs are much stronger then para carbines and rifles do not have any survivability issues due to their vet.
18 Oct 2020, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 12:15 PMKatitof

Ok then, now riddle me this: Why have a doctrinal upgrade that is significantly WEAKER then stock option when the stock option is also extremely early game?

Dual BARs are much stronger then para carbines and rifles do not have any survivability issues due to their vet.

Well one could say it could work like a global upgrade at that all rifleman get elite carbines while still retaining their 2 weapon slots.
I dont necesarily agree with the idea but it could work something like that.
18 Oct 2020, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 12:15 PMKatitof

and i already say forgot about it, so, let just let it go, ok ? it's just some thing i quickly came up with.
18 Oct 2020, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 11:26 AMVipper

Having a LMG unit that can spring is generally a bad idea since the unit would be able to create distance vs unit mid/close oriented units.

Grens get sprint on 3 commanders that I know of (not counting Tac Movement)
18 Oct 2020, 14:57 PM

Grens get sprint on 3 commanders that I know of (not counting Tac Movement)

Yes they do and it remains a bad idea especially since it comes with camo also. I pointed out during revamp.
18 Oct 2020, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 14:57 PMVipper

Yes they do and it remains a bad idea especially since it comes with camo also. I pointed out during revamp.

I don't think it's that much of an issue. It's only 5 seconds of sprint, and unless they have you pushed back a lot, then your forcing them back
19 Oct 2020, 02:39 AM

For the record, 5x elite carbines would have similar or worse dps in every category compared to 3x M1 Garand and 2x BAR. They'd be significantly worse at long range. They'd only have better moving DPS at close to mid range.

Probably should have clarified my idea:unsure:

I was envisioning the m1 carbine upgrade converting them to a similar role as panzergrenadiers. They would be way worse than BARs at long range, but way better at mid range and a little bit better at close range, and would loose their snare.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS