Login

russian armor

USF armour

6 Oct 2020, 02:37 AM

Sherman AP shells have a slightly lower AOE than normal general purpose shells and HE is vastly superior. Add to that the improved mobility, crew and smoke pots I'm not sure why people think the Sherman is bad. It's not going to out slug an okw p4 but it performs extremely well for its cost without even considering utility. Yall are crazy.

Because by the time hit hits the field you're facing 1 OKW P4 or 1 OST P4 and 1 Stug and if you made the mistake of going LT God help you.

Assault Engineers are absolute trash. Nothing but a more expensive RET sqaud that feels like it actually preforms worse. For 280 MP? LOL!

RETs are so bad though they can almost be completely ignored by any Axis starting units. But they're still 200 MP LOL!

Pathfinders are a garbage unit, 290 MP for something that preforms half as good as a Riflemen sqaud. LOL! If they were an OKW or OST unit they'd probably be 250 MP. Oh and they'd probably get a snare and a satchel.

6 Oct 2020, 07:04 AM

He means assault engineers from armour company.

Codguy is right for once, there’s so many garbage tier and overpriced units in the USF roster that it’s ridiculous.

Paths cost 290mp and 30mp reinforce. They should lose one of the two sniper rifles to actually be able to equip weapons and get their vet 3 camo at vet 0 so that they can be an option vs snipers.

Rear Echelons are bad, which is a huge issue in the OKW matchup since they have Spios and can upgrade Volks early without upgrading racks, so ypu’re basically behind 1 combat squad and upgrades right from the get go.

Assault engineers are awful. They need to lose their 5th man and become cheaper and more durable.

The 75mm M4A3 should lose its switchable shells and become a competent medium tank.

I don't really agree entirely. I like assault engies but there simply isn't enough else in that doctrine to make them enticing. The problem doesn't lie with ass engies, which function pretty well as an early game assault squad. It's just a doctrine that's gotten overshadowed by far better ones.

Pathfinders aren't a viable combat squad by themselves, but they're amazing paired with a rifle squad since they have 2 scoped rifles. They're also pretty much a perfect fit for the doctrine they come in, giving you self-spotting 50 cals which I'm happy to pay the premium for.

RETs are really bad for their 25mp reinforce cost - that I agree. They're basically CEs without flamethrowers but can build green cover. I pretty much exclusively make them zook boys. Wouldn't mind their cost or reinforce cost being lowered.
6 Oct 2020, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2020, 02:37 AMCODGUY

Because by the time hit hits the field you're facing 1 OKW P4 or 1 OST P4 and 1 Stug and if you made the mistake of going LT God help you.
try contesting the fuel once an a while... If the enemy is out numbering you when you build your medium maybe go for a td instead... And a sherman second.
Assault Engineers are absolute trash. Nothing but a more expensive RET sqaud that feels like it actually preforms worse. For 280 MP? LOL!

RETs are so bad though they can almost be completely ignored by any Axis starting units. But they're still 200 MP LOL!
are you trying to say with a straight face that rear echelon troops are not up to snuff as Frontline troops? I'm not about to belive THAT.... What's their unit card discription again?

Pathfinders are a garbage unit, 290 MP for something that preforms half as good as a Riflemen sqaud. LOL! If they were an OKW or OST unit they'd probably be 250 MP. Oh and they'd probably get a snare and a satchel.

Paths are not good on their own but combined with a rifle squad they are superior to just 2 rifles because they snipe models allowing for a snowball effect.

Also nice work making up a scenario for an axis version of paths when one exists. They never had a snare nor a satchel (though they did cost 250mp and spawn from buildings for far longer than should have been acceptable)

It seems your issue is you look at everything in a vacuum and not in the grand scheme of things. For example ass engies are good early game and fall off like any early game assault unit does BUT can lay mines when that window is closed and can binfit from the ungodly amount of smoke USF can deploy from basicly every other unit and from every tier. It's all a game of supporting this and that with that and this. Combined arms is the name of the game.
6 Oct 2020, 13:23 PM

It seems your issue is you look at everything in a vacuum and not in the grand scheme of things. For example ass engies are good early game and fall off like any early game assault unit does BUT can lay mines when that window is closed and can binfit from the ungodly amount of smoke USF can deploy from basicly every other unit and from every tier. It's all a game of supporting this and that with that and this. Combined arms is the name of the game.

Agreed. People tend to place things in made up scenarios and point out the weaknesses. Like the game is designed around 1 unit vs another unit in a vacuum. It's preposterous. While USF has weaker armour in terms of survivability and damage (exception is Jackson), they are pretty good combined. Smoke canisters on Sherman, weapon racks, Jackson range and agility, etc. can all be used to great effect. Same as how people btich about KT or Tiger being UP, expecting it to be a "one man death fortress". Buy Tiger, put on frontlines, profit, and then scream UP when it goes down to combined arms. Meh, I never expected sound and reasonable arguments from 90% of people but CODGUY really takes the cake with 95% of his statements.
6 Oct 2020, 23:16 PM

LOL OST and OKW engineer units fight like front line units. And Pathfinders have NEVER been even close to as good as JLI. But they sure do cost more.

Meanwhile this community whines about Maxim spam and ignores the hilariously broken MG42, the most laughbly OP unit in the game. I laugh everyone I realize it costs less than than the .50 cal and the same as the Maxim.
6 Oct 2020, 23:20 PM

Pathfinders are 0cp 290mp

JLI are 1cp 280 + 60 muni and need a truck deployed for their upgrade.
7 Oct 2020, 00:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2020, 23:20 PMKoRneY
Pathfinders are 0cp 290mp

JLI are 1cp 280 + 60 muni and need a truck deployed for their upgrade.

They are, regardless, far superior for a similar cost. Pathfinders require a weapon rack unlock and 60-120 munitions for the BAR upgrade, if they're even worth investing in.
7 Oct 2020, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2020, 00:02 AMCODGUY

They are, regardless, far superior for a similar cost. Pathfinders require a weapon rack unlock and 60-120 munitions for the BAR upgrade, if they're even worth investing in.

I don't really care, just stop saying shit that's false.
7 Oct 2020, 00:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2020, 00:24 AMKoRneY

I don't really care, just stop saying shit that's false.

Like what exactly?
8 Oct 2020, 19:34 PM

I think the call in shermans need to be faster (ez8, and 76) Increased speed would help them out a lot to do what they need to do and flank and run around the map in unexpected spots. They are just too feking slow and that makes the easy prey for panthers. for instance a snared panther can reverse faster than allied at infantry can chase it down (assuming the panther didnt drive directly into the allied at infantry). But ez8 and 76 cant so snare means death almost every time.

Better example allied AT inf at near max range of snared panther cant chase it down to kill it, snared sherman at near max range of shrek at can chase it down and kill it.

Increased speed would help them flank heavys better as well as they would have less time to start reversing and just backing there azz against a wall and tanking the damage until AT inf at guns hose the shermans.

shermans pathing together is also a feking nightmare death circle spins, im pretty sure they were intended to be used in packs or whats the point of radio net.

Panthers max speed 6.6 acel 2.4
Ez8 max speed 6.1 acel 2.1
76mm sherman max speed 6.5 acel 2.3
m4 sherman max speed 6.4 acel 2.3

Why the fek is the ez8 so slow??? and why are none of the shermans allowed to be as fast as a panther or god forbid faster considering blitz and other things. I understand they are cheaper, but they also have way less armor and hp.

8 Oct 2020, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2020, 19:34 PMRocket

Panthers max speed 6.6 acel 2.4
Ez8 max speed 6.1 acel 2.1
76mm sherman max speed 6.5 acel 2.3
m4 sherman max speed 6.4 acel 2.3

Ez8 should be as fast as the other Shermans. But no Sherman should be as fast as a Panther, because 1/3 of the Panther's high cost is it's speed (the other thirds are armor/HP and penetration).
8 Oct 2020, 21:46 PM

Agreed. Bump up the E8 to at least other Shermans but it doesn't require the investment of the Panther and the Panther should remain superior. All allied factions have 60 range TDs so even their special mediums shouldn't be faster than itm
10 Oct 2020, 02:28 AM

Why is the Panther so fast anyway? I'm not saying it has to be slow but why should it be faster than a Sherman?
10 Oct 2020, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2020, 02:28 AMCODGUY
Why is the Panther so fast anyway? I'm not saying it has to be slow but why should it be faster than a Sherman?

Because it costs 65 fuel more, has no burst AI and is supposed to fill the role of TD despite being 10 range short the role? Speed is factored into its balance.
10 Oct 2020, 05:48 AM

Because it costs 65 fuel more, has no burst AI and is supposed to fill the role of TD despite being 10 range short the role? Speed is factored into its balance.

Why does it fill the role of a TD when both Axis factions already have TDs? That makes no sense at all.
10 Oct 2020, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2020, 05:48 AMCODGUY

Why does it fill the role of a TD when both Axis factions already have TDs? That makes no sense at all.

Ost has Stug, which better than SU76 in term of pen & armor. But SU76 has better utility & range. Stug is far weaker than SU85, which it should be.
Okw as Jadpz, non turret TD like SU85 except it has a sight cone of 120degree, which mean Jadpz stay alone can not see anything from behind, make it super easy to be flanked. SU85 also has focus sight to make its self spotting.

If Panther doesnt fill TD role, make it fill AI role will overlap Sturmpanzer's role.

Try to play Axis, like I do. I main Allies for 5 years and started to play Axis since early 2020. I can feel the pain of outnumbered in both infantry & vehicles. Play Axis for a month or two and may be u will stop compaining.
10 Oct 2020, 08:17 AM

The whole idea idiots is no one will use the shermans until they get increased speeds as i mentioned, keep bitching about allied td spam wonder why. “Burst Ai” hhahahahajahahahahah what pipe you been smoking. I dant drive ky sherman face up in infantry because it gets snared just being tickled, panthers are MG carriers now thanks to community balance team.

Fek that shermans should be a tick faster than panthers, they have tons more armor and health. This is total crap.
10 Oct 2020, 08:22 AM

Its the small things as you can see with the stats and hide they know, whys is luchs faster than stuart and kangaroo car? Because its fun to chase it around the map. Thats cool though. Lets not have a good cat n mouse game making shermans faster (the call ins) . Because they want the cat to always win what a joke.
10 Oct 2020, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2020, 19:56 PMSpoof

Ez8 should be as fast as the other Shermans. But no Sherman should be as fast as a Panther, because 1/3 of the Panther's high cost is it's speed (the other thirds are armor/HP and penetration).

Do more math see how you combined armor and hp together, ok kids when your on a forum its ok to combine things to make yourself prove a point. 1/4 be omes 1/3 if you combine things together 😂
10 Oct 2020, 09:01 AM

No one answers because Panthers snared they also get to survive because at infantry cant chase them but a snared sherman crawls and is guaranteed kill? Ez8 is bull shit so slow both call in shermans ez8 and 76 should be as fast as the panther hands down, ez8 ahould be one tick faster,ez8 still loses hands down easily panther can deal with 2 at once , plus the blutz and the forgive me smoke for bad players immediate attack ground dosent always
work

145 fuel for ez8 now wow, as it is now you buy ez8 you lost the game, all good ill keep spamming jacksons what fun that play is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★