Login

russian armor

XP values

4 Oct 2020, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2020, 13:44 PMVipper

Also Valentine has shared veterancy for no apparent reason.

Huh, learn something new everyday. Valentine certainly should not be getting shared veterency, that's a privilege reserved for units that either have poor combat capability or a few command units.
4 Oct 2020, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2020, 16:29 PMVipper

I would hate to drift of topic specific unit but I have to point out:
Pistol should be fixed and have range 35
Commissar comes with HE grenade
Veterancy bonus are hardly the same:

but I pointed out Commissar has the same XP value as Ostheer officer that is allot weaker in combat.

If you want to debate this issue more I can start a separate thread.

The veterancy is not the same at every level, but taking all of them together they are pretty equal.
Comparing them on vet to vet level and then giving "points" to define who "wins" the veterancy tournament does not make much sense, especially here since the SO still follows the old OKW principle of vet4/5 giving strong combat bonusses.

Fact is, units with higher DPS also need higher veterancy, otherwise they will skyrocket from 0 to 3 in no time. And additionally to this rule of thumb, other factors like timing and utility of a squad have to be taken into account. It is hard to say whether a single unit in faction 1 absolutely must get buffs to veterancy because a somewhat similar unit in faction 2 has it better.
SO though has better starting DPS which the Commissar can equalize once reaching vet 3 (at least according to the serealia site). Once the SO gets buffs though (and the additional man already is a DPS buff), it stays ahead in DPS.
At least judging by that, it is not surprising that the SO also has higher vet requirements, because it can deal more damage at basically all stages and therefore vet faster.
4 Oct 2020, 09:48 AM

The veterancy is not the same at every level, but taking all of them together they are pretty equal.
Comparing them on vet to vet level and then giving "points" to define who "wins" the veterancy tournament does not make much sense, especially here since the SO still follows the old OKW principle of vet4/5 giving strong combat bonusses.

Fact is, units with higher DPS also need higher veterancy, otherwise they will skyrocket from 0 to 3 in no time. And additionally to this rule of thumb, other factors like timing and utility of a squad have to be taken into account. It is hard to say whether a single unit in faction 1 absolutely must get buffs to veterancy because a somewhat similar unit in faction 2 has it better.
SO though has better starting DPS which the Commissar can equalize once reaching vet 3 (at least according to the serealia site). Once the SO gets buffs though (and the additional man already is a DPS buff), it stays ahead in DPS.
At least judging by that, it is not surprising that the SO also has higher vet requirements, because it can deal more damage at basically all stages and therefore vet faster.

Interesting analysis but you are missing some vital points:
1) The damage the unit itself does is only one factor since these units get shared veterancy
2) Commissar can has a number of abilities that help him gain veterancy pretty fast like fragmentation grenade, buffs to surrounding units and most importantly allot more staying power with heal
3) My point had allot more to do with Ostheer artillery officer that has the some XP value although more difficult to use

I have used these officers in a number of games and as far as I have seen Commisar can vet faster.

Actually it is my opinion that shared veterancy should be removed from combat oriented officer and should remain only for Major.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★