Login

russian armor

Why the hypocrisy over abandon RNG?

12 Sep 2020, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2020, 09:35 AMVipper
What I find interesting is how everyone is talking about abounded vehicles being captured by the enemy while in some cases abounded vehicles can be captured by the original owner.

Imo since participants did not the mechanism it is fine that it has been removed but imo the mechanism is fine and it should not be removed from the game.

The game in it core has RNG elements and that is positive thing about it.

This is honestly the more common abandons in my experience but are still the same issue in it being a game changer. I'm certain there are plenty of examples of someone going for a 1-1 trade or trading up which suddenly turns into a horrible mistake that can quite possibly lose you the game since he can repair his tank. They are fine in the normal game but I can see why tournaments players aren't keen on that.

IMO abandons don't even make the game more fun to watch competitive tournaments. Its cheap as fuck to watch someone lose to complete bs that can't be countered or played around. Plus you have enough rng in penetration and hit chance to make each engagement different without being ludicrously frustrating to the players actually playing.
12 Sep 2020, 11:38 AM

... Plus you have enough rng in penetration and hit chance to make each engagement different without being ludicrously frustrating to the players actually playing.

Imo that is not true. There are many vehicles with chances close 100% to damage (hit and penetrate) even at max range (usually 60) once vetted.
12 Sep 2020, 12:12 PM

As I said I like rewarding the player for diving snipers since they are cancer.

But I have also had a full health P4 chase a near dead sherman. The p4 missed/did not pen 100% of its shots and died to the sherman. So the p4 bounced/missed rear armor shots at close range. While the sherman penned frontal armor 100%.

Now imagine this happens and I lose the p4 to the enemy. Screw losing the game, I would pick up my PC and smash it thru my monitor. And as a fan/viewer I would no longer have any desire to watch this shit show.
13 Sep 2020, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2020, 11:38 AMVipper

Imo that is not true. There are many vehicles with chances close 100% to damage (hit and penetrate) even at max range (usually 60) once vetted.

Yeah thats true, tds kinda remove that aspect from a majority of armored fights but the medium/light armor duels that are more common in 1v1 still have some aspects of rng in them and imo those fights are some of the more fun ones to watch.
13 Sep 2020, 02:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2020, 09:35 AMVipper
What I find interesting is how everyone is talking about abounded vehicles being captured by the enemy while in some cases abounded vehicles can be captured by the original owner.

Imo since participants did not the mechanism it is fine that it has been removed but imo the mechanism is fine and it should not be removed from the game.

The game in it core has RNG elements and that is positive thing about it.

Would u agree that the mechanism could be improved?

Talking about other RNG elements, i found that the explosion from flamethrowers could be raised, as it only happens now on the last model. Not necessary higher explosive dmg but rather more lasting flames in the ground.
13 Sep 2020, 05:47 AM

Would u agree that the mechanism could be improved?

Yes it could.
13 Sep 2020, 11:10 AM

Lets make all RTS games the same (remove RNG and anything different) because of e-sports, right?

COH is what it is, it has all these things we love and hate (in one game, the one whos tank gets abandoned hates it and the other that gets the tank loves it and in the next game is the other way around).
Just deal with it or play a different freaking game.

Imo, more RNG means more skill is required because you have to think more.
And to make an argument with facts. Since COH1 first tournament, all games in these tournaments where exactly the same in terms of entertainment for the players and spectators. I had the same fun watching SNF, OCF or GCS 1 and 2.
Im not saying that there was a need to tweak some things here and there but lately it went to far.
4 Oct 2020, 17:22 PM

I dont get it.
If someone is driving their tank into my base and starts killing them, shouldnt he be punished for doing súch a stupid move?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★