Login

russian armor

How to deal with panzerschreck brummbar combo

22 Aug 2020, 12:21 PM

I always play Allies. Mostly Brits, with a USA and Sovject friend in 3 vs 3.

Lately I notice more and more panzerschreck blobs supported by brummbars. Panzerschrecks will whipe the allied tanks. The brummbars will obliterate the MG's / infantry you need to counter the blob. The brummbars are able to damage your tanks too.

With a highly mobile enemy, countering the blob with rockets or mines is too much depending on luck imho in the "open" maps.

For Brits I was thinking of AVRE with fireflies, though it requires quite some fuel. Any thoughts on this?
22 Aug 2020, 12:44 PM

as USF use double pack howitzers (very effective)

as UKF I dont know try snipers + firefly , will take some time and a lot of micro.
mostly I countering blobs as UKF with sexton at close range

as SOV I recommend the doom papers from hell (Fear propaganda artillery) or sneaky demo.

22 Aug 2020, 14:00 PM

USF: Jackson + spread out infantry or infantry + double ATs. If you're just going vs brummbar and pzgrens with shrecks, that will do. You can also spam shermans and keep them at range vs shrecks but that requires a lot of micro so they don't collide and stop each other.
As USF I always have AA HT for suppression, pak howits, 3 rifles, officer, ranger zook squad and then I go for Jackson and Pershing.
If they spam tanks, get ATG. These are enough to counter everything they throw at you except rocket arty.

UKF: 2x ATGs + AA tank or MGs. Unless it's some lategame blob of 100 population of brummbars and pzgrens, 1 brummbar is denied by 2 ATGs. Of course, I'm assuming you have one snare squad next to them to snare after brummbar takes one shot.

It's not hard to counter that thing. Just have to micro it a bit. Remember to counter blobs of anything with suppression (infantry), or AT (tanks). Arty is a bonus to wipe suppressed infantry.
22 Aug 2020, 20:01 PM

60 range TDs and rocket arty.
23 Aug 2020, 03:31 AM

Panzergren with double schreks is such a cancer. Seems like an AT infantry unit shouldn't be so durable while maintaining significant anti-infantry abilities.
23 Aug 2020, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2020, 03:31 AMCODGUY
significant anti-infantry abilities.

Significant
2 stgs
lol
23 Aug 2020, 07:36 AM

Thanks for the responses. My AVRE wiped out a blob (though they were not supported by a Brummbar yesterday).

In another game I lost 2 ATG's, supported by cromwell and some infantry to a Brummbar, Panther combo with infantry support. I'll keep trying...
23 Aug 2020, 15:45 PM

Your USSR teammate needs to focus on rocket artillery as he's the only one that gets a decent nondoc version.

USF, use Pak howis but don't invest too heavily in them if there's an OKW as the Stuka will cancel them out in no time.

UKF, churchills can keep the enemy occupied long enough for your allies to team up on them/help.

Mines everywhere. especially to protect the Katyushas from diving tanks. If they get to vet 3 the enemy infantry problem will be massively reduced.

Also, the odd medium tank dive into the Ost base to wipe damaged Pzgrens can really help. Just keep driving into them to crush and stop them taking aim.

23 Aug 2020, 16:39 PM

Comets can easily deal with both, but you'll have to micro them well to keep kiting out of Panzerschreck range (45 vs 35 range) which requires quite a bit of practise.
23 Aug 2020, 17:39 PM

Significant
2 stgs
lol

When you compare it to the overbearing AI of the elefant the 2 stgs are unbelievably OP. More than adequate and by those standards, significant.
23 Aug 2020, 22:23 PM

Significant
2 stgs
lol

Oh I forgot do they lose their all their StGs, cheap bundle grenade and durability when they upgrade to double schreks?
24 Aug 2020, 08:17 AM

caliope spam + 3x rangers with tripple zooks ...easy as hell
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak