Login

russian armor

To: Relic

21 Jul 2020, 06:23 AM
Patrion 310

To OP, they developing AoE4, not 5 :D

Relic is likely on contract for more than one AoE game.

Based on Relic job announcements working on AoE's franchise not only AOE4:
https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/relic-to-hire-narrative-lead-for-aoe-franchise/37166
Job archive:
http://archive.ph/DPJuY

Relic posted this job (AoE - FRANCHISE NARRATIVE LEAD) over one year ago:
Highlight, Quote:
Age of Empires – Franchise Narrative Lead

For over 20 years, Age of Empires has delighted fans of all ages with its celebratory approach to history and ageless game mechanics that have delivered a large, diverse, and world-wide gaming audience of millions of dedicated fans. Age of Empires IV marks a return to this highly anticipated and critically acclaimed Franchise.

Your role will be to shepherd the strategic view of the narrative of the Age of Empires franchise at Relic Entertainment, working with our fantastic partners at Microsoft to define the narrative goals and focus of the franchise. In addition, you will work to ensure narrative consistency in the game, and explore and drive the delivery of narrative within the Age of Empires brand at large.

You and your team will deliver an amazing experience for our players and community by mining our shared world history for great stories to present in unique and fulfilling ways.
21 Jul 2020, 08:56 AM

Does anyone know what Relic exactly does in AoE 4 Development?

Also, the last trailer was already 9 Months ago. The one before that is now 2 (!) years old. What takes them so long? The animations and Graphics look worse than those from Coh1, a game that came out 14(!) years ago.

i dont understand this, not to mention Microsoft may have like 10x the resources THQ and relic had in 2006
21 Jul 2020, 09:06 AM

Does anyone know what Relic exactly does in AoE 4 Development?

The game.

Also, the last trailer was already 9 Months ago. The one before that is now 2 (!) years old. What takes them so long? The animations and Graphics look worse than those from Coh1, a game that came out 14(!) years ago.

i dont understand this, not to mention Microsoft may have like 10x the resources THQ and relic had in 2006

Ah yes, the classic bad management thinking.

"If it takes 9 month for 1 woman to deliver a baby, 9 women should be able to deliver a baby in 1 month".
21 Jul 2020, 15:42 PM

You do realize that model editing and importing was allowed back in 2013/2014, right?

If Relic gave a shit they would have "unlocked" the modding tools a long ass time ago, 5 year plan is way over and this game is basically on life support in terms of new content.

Only CoH and it's mod community are actually doing something to improve the game and franchise.
22 Jul 2020, 19:07 PM

You do realize that model editing and importing was allowed back in 2013/2014, right?

If Relic gave a shit they would have "unlocked" the modding tools a long ass time ago, 5 year plan is way over and this game is basically on life support in terms of new content.

Only CoH and it's mod community are actually doing something to improve the game and franchise.

Wait, you used to be able to import new assets to CoH2, but then they locked it?

Lol (but in a depressed way)
23 Jul 2020, 04:17 AM

Wait, you used to be able to import new assets to CoH2, but then they locked it?

Yes.

Back then, people imported CoH1 models such as puma and wirbelwind.
It didn't end well after that.
28 Jul 2020, 13:42 PM

It's all about the $$:

The sooner people realize it's not about making a quality art of work like CoH was anymore the better.

When I was younger I remember telling my father about the game one day in the car and I claimed that it was probably the best game and nobody could make anything better.

Well, the modders and fans of the game have proven me very wrong and I'm absolutely sure that if given the opportunity somebody will make something even better, not for the money, but for the fans like many other indie game developers.
28 Jul 2020, 13:58 PM

If its anything like WC3 Reforged, we might see some official patch notes after CoH3 is announced.

Wasn't it rumoured that they were working on a side project alongside AoE4?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★