Login

russian armor

1v1 map issue with Schwerer main gun range

4 Jul 2020, 20:41 PM

Okw often needs constant munitions based healing.
4 Jul 2020, 20:54 PM

What about: making its ground fire an active ability tm like the AA fire is with the same drawbacks but a cost? This let's it be used defensively but in spirit to the original okw design at the cost of resource management.

I had this idea once too. But without resource costs. Simply swap AA/AG modes.
A timed AG upon clicking with double the cooldown. This way an allied player can kite the AG mode and then destroy the swerer if no other unit comes to support immediatly. Timigs could be adjusted too.

If you pay to enable AG, then panther autorization should not enable the gun, it should be enabled upon constructing the swererHQ
4 Jul 2020, 20:56 PM

@sky's would it matter if it's taking up pop or taking up muni? Resources are resources. The UKF muni sink if they use howis a lot, frankly it's more like a made that scales with tech.

Even an "on/off" mode that drains muni like old soviet repair did for the schwere would be OK (under used mechanic imo) would make it more balanced and on point with the okw design

Yeah Id be good with that too. It should cost something to use if making it impact army size is too radical of an idea
4 Jul 2020, 21:04 PM

Can I ask once again why U guys are trying to nerf already the weakest faction?
4 Jul 2020, 21:05 PM

Because this is not an OKW nerf, it's a nerf to a cheesy strat that's OP on its own, nothing to do with the faction power level.

OKW power level is off topic, please stay on topic.
4 Jul 2020, 21:09 PM

I'll answer this once again. Because the strength of the entire faction doesn't have anything to do with whether or not ONE SPECIFIC thing is okay or not

If you think the faction needs buffs, make a thread with your proposals

Why do you think it's impossible for a UP faction to have a single thing on it that needs even the slightest of nerfs? I don't even agree that their UP, but that's not the point

Edit: what storm said. he said it better
4 Jul 2020, 21:14 PM

Okw often needs constant munitions based healing.

Everyone needs muni for something, this is irrelevant.
4 Jul 2020, 21:19 PM

I do think that nerfing the flak gun is absolutely connected with the overall balance of the whole faction. If anyone wants to nerf the flak gun they must buff sth else. Also I find it almost hilarious how much the very easy possibility of actually destroying flak if it is placed outside base sector is downplayed. Just ridiculous imo. The whole concept of tampering with okw after all buffs to UKF, USF and Sov is just crazy imo.
4 Jul 2020, 21:38 PM

if anyone wants to nerf the flak gun they must buff sth else

Again, I already said make their tech cheaper without the gun, and allow the gun to have manual targeting

But if you already think they are the weakest faction, go make a thread with your recommendations
4 Jul 2020, 22:58 PM

put a vierling on the battlegroup HQ to address OKW weakness?
4 Jul 2020, 23:47 PM

Except that these are also tech structures and therefore the loss of them means having to rebuild them or having a more limited roster of units available. Like OKW's faction design in general, it is a high risk high reward scenario. Shouldn't generalize the state of balance based on a few bad auto games you had Stormjager. Even Luvnest doesn't have a 100% WR
5 Jul 2020, 03:48 AM

There are certain maps such as crossroads winter that allow the placement of the Tier 4 OKW Schwerer structure near a base entrance while its main gun range can effectively cover and zone out both a cutoff and a fuel on that side. This allows an unfairly powerful strategy of safe Schwerer placement that gives you way too much of a benefit, allowing you to lock down that fuel point and then focus your entire army's attention to the other side, effectively denying your opponent any side switching while you're free to attack his side's fuel. You also don't allow him to switch sides if you take the side he's on, or harrass your fuel. This leads to very consistent fuel income that can be combined with a BGHQ tech path into a very fast P4 or doctrinal Ostwind. The counter strategy of building one or two AT guns to kill the Schwerer is too much of a requirement and risk (720mp spent on AT guns to kill it and you're losing infantry fights hard because of it) vs OKW having 0 risk in just placing it outside their base where they can reinforce and come out to fight it, not to mention how quickly Spios can repair it and allow the okw army to flank the AT guns and if they win the engagement it's gg because the infantry retreats but the AT guns can't. This strategy is too powerful for too litle a risk.

My proposal for a solution to this issue is a reduction of the T4 building’s gun range from 50ish to 40m, reducing its zone of control and allowing harrassment of either fuel or cutoff or both,

This guy must be a genius or something. Iq of 110 or more he gets it.
5 Jul 2020, 04:09 AM

If the gun is a mandatory tech upgrade then it SHOULD NOT require pop. If it's an optional upgrade then I still dont like having pop attached to it when you could do other things like limit it to only being built inside the HQ sector or just outright nerf the guns performance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★