Login

russian armor

Meme/Fun strategies for 2 people?

27 Jun 2020, 14:45 PM

Looking for some fun builds/commanders to use while playing with my brother.

We play mostly 4v4 (his preference) and have decided to try something different.

Admittedly 4v4 seems to be plagued by arranged full teams of try hards/larpers these days so its harder to stray from the meta unless getting trapped in base is your fetish but whatever.

Open to any wacky/different suggestions so long as they are semi-viable and don't ruin the game utterly for our team.

27 Jun 2020, 14:59 PM

Go USF and gift a load of armor to your Brit specials weapon reg ally by disembarking your crews

Then have him drop a load of Vickers Ks or piats for said crews

You have a blob with British piats and he gets US armor.

Or you could get a Soviet airborne ally and get him to paradrop svts for your guards or shocktroops

Get USF ally to disembark WC51 and have a British sniper ride in the back, ultimate sniper clowncar
27 Jun 2020, 15:03 PM

Are there 4v4 maps with ambient buildings?

I'd go for mass soviets with partisans and have them pop on the backs of weapon teams or capping infantry, but since its 4v4, probably every single ambient building is already occupied by HMG both teams can't counter.
27 Jun 2020, 15:39 PM

Go USF and gift a load of armor to your Brit specials weapon reg ally by disembarking your crews

Then have him drop a load of Vickers Ks or piats for said crews

You have a blob with British piats and he gets US armor.

Or you could get a Soviet airborne ally and get him to paradrop svts for your guards or shocktroops

Get USF ally to disembark WC51 and have a British sniper ride in the back, ultimate sniper clowncar

Not bad ideas but Im pretty sure the last one does not work. At least the sniper wont shoot from there.

Right?

Also, Ive seen this in someones video, and its worth a try- Write to chat: "Hey you know that writing /L shows you your ping. Mine is around fifty, whats yours?" :D
28 Jun 2020, 10:12 AM

Also, Ive seen this in someones video, and its worth a try- Write to chat: "Hey you know that writing /L shows you your ping. Mine is around fifty, whats yours?" :D

Damn, chess not checkers XD

28 Jun 2020, 10:44 AM

Not bad ideas but Im pretty sure the last one does not work. At least the sniper wont shoot from there.

Right?

Sadly depending on the language the game is set to, the commands change. I found this out recently when I wanted to check out the German voice over. There /q --> /s (schließen) and /l --> /v (verlassen).
28 Jun 2020, 10:57 AM

You can count on Ostruppen

No, really you can!

Also yeah 4v4 is all arranged teams. Try 3v3 where you go with your bro on one side and pick anything you like. I'm gonna try to think of something "fun and synergistic" rather than competitive

-Ostheer: Been playing with Ostruppen lately, it's fun and more forgiving than 4 man squads. Also one picks luftwaffe commander with recons and supply drops and offmaps while the other picks lefh. Extreme meme one goes for encirclement doctrine and another goes for a stormtrooper doctrine for fast back cap and glory.

-OKW: Meme wagen + sturmtractor with specops to go all tanks with decent recon

-Soviet: Anything conscript related (ppsh, svt,...), partisans are fun, B4s are fun, KV2+repair station is great. Can pair with a brit giving u vickers K from their halftrack (both cons or penals)

- Brits: for the love of god don't play advanced emplacements or royal artillery. Commandos are freaking great and fun, flamers are fun, AVRE is fun and the halftrack commander who drops vikers K for their ally. Also the supply drop with AT and mortar for teammate is great

- USF: Early ambo to support teammate, double paratrooper commander for mayhem and support weapons drops for the other teammate.

Prob tens or more fun comb depending on map!
28 Jun 2020, 11:43 AM

2x soviet partisan spam

2x Wehr Osttruppen blob (10 squads each)

And a more efficient "troll" strat: sov + brit and the brit drops vickers k with a HT on the ground so the soviet picks it up with all his penals or Conscripts. Then the soviet spams "for mother russia" with the vickers k blob

I really would not go 4v4 though. Not only does the 4v4 meta on many maps (many team weapons) not fit at all for this... but you will also make a lot random teammates ragequit.
3 Jul 2020, 19:30 PM

If it´s 4v4 and fuel drop is close to your base you can play the 10min king tiger game.

You pick a commander that drops fuel to your okw partner until he has a 10 min king tiger

Also their the is the crazy mg combo

You pick ostheer ostruppen and drops mg and pack for your okw partner which equips then with falls. Pretty funny to see a mg suppres and murder infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★