Login

russian armor

Change Major recon call in

16 Jun 2020, 18:04 PM

Major recon still has a weird way to call it in. Rework it to be an actual recon pass, just like Assault Officer or any recon sweep ability.

That's literally it, nothing else, simple change.

I don't know if people have suggested this.
16 Jun 2020, 18:08 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So you want it to be a double click so you can choose the direction it comes from yes?

Also it'd be nice if the major didn't have to stand still for 10 seconds while it gets called in. Obnoxious tbh.
16 Jun 2020, 18:10 PM

Actually there is little reason for USF to have stock reckon plane and it should probably be removed especially after the buff to their off maps. That would also create a reason to have doctrinal reckon planes.

As for aiming the ability first planes come from base so one can predict the flight path.

Same goes for UKF.
16 Jun 2020, 18:15 PM

So you want it to be a double click so you can choose the direction it comes from yes?

Also it'd be nice if the major didn't have to stand still for 10 seconds while it gets called in. Obnoxious tbh.

It's so he has time to shout loudly enough for the pilot to hear him. Pretty obvious ww2 stuff smh.

16 Jun 2020, 18:28 PM

Major recon still has a weird way to call it in. Rework it to be an actual recon pass, just like Assault Officer or any recon sweep ability.

That's literally it, nothing else, simple change.

I don't know if people have suggested this.

+1
16 Jun 2020, 18:29 PM

Not sure about double click, but to this.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2020, 18:10 PMVipper
Actually there is little reason for USF to have stock reckon plane and it should probably be removed especially after the buff to their off maps. That would also create a reason to have doctrinal reckon planes.

As for aiming the ability first planes come from base so one can predict the flight path.

Same goes for UKF.

Well its the direction, flight path sure but you can't always get it to aim where you want it to go. Also the tactical map needs to change. It shows as if it wants to do an overflight when really its a sweep.

Also literally only 1 commander for USF has recon (not counting flares), and its an overflight which can get shotdown easily. Ost have multiple and OKW have like 2. So no, removing recon from Major is a big no no. UKF has recon from command vehicle, expensive and can get shot down easily, same with its overflight from Forward Observation Post (which 10 CP recon flight is very late). How else are allies suppose to counter arty emplacements?
16 Jun 2020, 19:20 PM

That would also create a reason to have doctrinal reckon planes.

That seems like too big a change at this point, cause we'd have to restructure some commanders. Currently there's only 1 recon plane on US commanders iirc
16 Jun 2020, 19:23 PM

That seems like too big a change at this point, cause we'd have to restructure some commanders. Currently there's only 1 recon plane on US commanders iirc

USF commander need to be looked at anyway. There are many that have too many abilities and other to few (airborne).
16 Jun 2020, 19:28 PM

Well its the direction, flight path sure but you can't always get it to aim where you want it to go. Also the tactical map needs to change. It shows as if it wants to do an overflight when really its a sweep.

Also literally only 1 commander for USF has recon (not counting flares), and its an overflight which can get shotdown easily. Ost have multiple and OKW have like 2.

Best AA weapon in the game is the quad.

So no, removing recon from Major is a big no no.

Why should USF get a priest that comes with stock reckon, TOT that delete Lefh and Preist that much more difficult to counter with off map?

UKF has recon from command vehicle, expensive and can get shot down easily, same with its overflight from Forward Observation Post (which 10 CP recon flight is very late). How else are allies suppose to counter arty emplacements?

With the Sexton?
With Counter barrage from base guns?
By calling a send a vehicle to spot and calling an off map?

How are axis supposed to counter the Sexton?

Quite simply either all faction should have stock reckon planes or none.
16 Jun 2020, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2020, 19:28 PMVipper

Why should USF get a priest that comes with stock reckon, TOT that delete Lefh and Preist that much more difficult to counter with off map?

Doctrinal commander, 180 muni ability to destroy LEFH (+50 from recon sweep = 230) and Priest is mobile, not an arty emplacement. It barrages and relocates, what its intended to do.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2020, 19:28 PMVipper

With the Sexton?
With Counter barrage from base guns?
By calling a send a vehicle to spot and calling an off map?

How are axis supposed to counter the Sexton?

Sexton you have to drive close to reach arty emplacements (1v1/2v2 maps not so close but anything higher and good luck countering it with a mobile arty piece)
Nobody will ever use counter barrage from advance emplacements commander cause nobody uses that commander.
Only offmaps UKF have are Barrage from advance emplacement commander (once again, nobody good will EVER use that) and concentration barrage, which like you said, needs to risk a vehicle to get vision just to call it in.

Dude, I'm talking about Recon abilities . See how I made it big and bold for your blind ass to see? If you want to talk about balance, this isn't the thread for it.

And easy to counter priest/sexton. Just dive or in team games, arty flares and stuka dive bomb once it starts barraging.

People like you are the reason why I avoided using this forum for a long time. Always have to talk about balance shit fest. It's like I say why can't soviets or UKF have flares just like pfusiliers?

AlL fAcTiOnS sHoULd HaVe STocK fLarES oR NoNE

but pfusiliers doctrinal.

Well nah shit, just like getting TOT barrage to counter your lefh. or IL2 strike from soviets and if you don't go Royal arty to fight arty emplacements? UKF in struggle bus.
16 Jun 2020, 20:57 PM

Doctrinal commander, 180 muni ability to destroy LEFH (+50 from recon sweep = 230) and Priest is mobile, not an arty emplacement. It barrages and relocates, what its intended to do.

Sexton you have to drive close to reach arty emplacements (1v1/2v2 maps not so close but anything higher and good luck countering it with a mobile arty piece)
Nobody will ever use counter barrage from advance emplacements commander cause nobody uses that commander.
Only offmaps UKF have are Barrage from advance emplacement commander (once again, nobody good will EVER use that) and concentration barrage, which like you said, needs to risk a vehicle to get vision just to call it in.

Dude, I'm talking about Recon abilities . See how I made it big and bold for your blind ass to see? If you want to talk about balance, this isn't the thread for it.

And easy to counter priest/sexton. Just dive or in team games, arty flares and stuka dive bomb once it starts barraging.

People like you are the reason why I avoided using this forum for a long time. Always have to talk about balance shit fest. It's like I say why can't soviets or UKF have flares just like pfusiliers?

Well nah shit, just like getting TOT barrage to counter your lefh. or IL2 strike from soviets and if you don't go Royal arty to fight arty emplacements? UKF in struggle bus.

We should try to keep the amount of scouting options to a fair minimum. In general allied factions already have the advantage in terms of map vision. No need to further solidify their lead atm.
16 Jun 2020, 21:25 PM

A change to this would surely improve the quality of life of the game. I support a change to make things better.
16 Jun 2020, 21:59 PM

Same goes for UKF.

or give it recon after vet1 or vet 2?
16 Jun 2020, 23:12 PM

It would also be nice if it worked consistently on all maps. Usually, you can draw a line from the base to where the recon is called in, and the plane will follow that route. On some maps, it doesn't work and the point is on the side, which makes targeting difficult.
17 Jun 2020, 07:52 AM

Lefh is also doctrinal, point here is the the Priest commander can counter Lefh and Lefh can not.

Same goes for Roayal you can simply call planes or flare and off map the Lefh

That is simply a hyperbole

That is incorrect one does not have to risk a vehicle for vision UKF also have stock reckon planes.

Not really the off map that can kill an Lefh are:
Counter battery
precision barrage
Air supremacy operations
concentration barrage
Anti building flame mortar barrage
concentrated fire operation
Barrage from FOP

I am talking about them too and I am saying that either all faction should have them as stock or none.

All you have to do to avoid stuka dive bomb is move the vehicle

People like you are the reason why I avoided using this forum for a long time. Always have to talk about balance shit fest.

I am not sure where this hostility comes from but we are talking faction design here not balance.

It's like I say why can't soviets or UKF have flares just like pfusiliers?

Soviet have flares on mortar and sniper

There is difference in flares fired from unit with limited range and reckon planes

And if do get Lefh and you opponent get a Sexton or Priest you are stuck with UP commander that can not use the Lefh which was the reason to pick the commander in the first place.
17 Jun 2020, 10:09 AM

The discussion is all about a small quality of life change to make that recon pass ability slightly more user-friendly and more in-line with the other abilities in the game. It would be good if similar abilities in the game are used in a similar fashion without having the player to trial and error in hopes to get the best outcomes for something that should be clear and easy. The discussion is not about balance, or how to counter units, or other attempts to derail the thread.
17 Jun 2020, 10:52 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The discussion is all about a small quality of life change to make that recon pass ability slightly more user-friendly and more in-line with the other abilities in the game. It would be good if similar abilities in the game are used in a similar fashion without having the player to trial and error in hopes to get the best outcomes for something that should be clear and easy. The discussion is not about balance, or how to counter units, or other attempts to derail the thread.

This.
17 Jun 2020, 11:18 AM

The ability is not like other doctrinal single plane reckon passes since at Vet 1 the major gets a second plane.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★