Login

russian armor

Advanced warfare Il 2 Sturmovik attack is bad

14 Jun 2020, 16:09 PM

This airstrike borderline useless. I does little to no damage to both light vehicles and infantry, can't even kill a non responsive teamweapon like its closest relative the .50 P47 form tactical support and requires precise timing to pull off. I think this ability should be fixed or replaced and here are my idea's on how to do this.

1. Make it similar to the .50 P47 gunrun from tactical support. This would be the simplest way to fix it I think.

2. Replace it with a different airstrike. I was thinking either fear propaganda artillery (Soviets where using lots of deception warfare during the war) or Il 2 anti tank rocket run. I say don't put in the normal Il skill planes otherwise the commander becomes to similar to armored assault.

3. Replace it with an ability from a different faction like for example combined arms from USF heavy cav, assault and hold from Wher. These are just the first ideas that came to me but lots of things would fit.

4. A entirely new ability or airstrike.
14 Jun 2020, 16:11 PM

The fact that its bugged isn't helping either, where plane shoots is NOT where the ground indicator points.
14 Jun 2020, 16:21 PM
Donator 11

+1 this ability is badd
14 Jun 2020, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 16:11 PMKatitof
The fact that its bugged isn't helping either, where plane shoots is NOT where the ground indicator points.

But even then, it cost 90 muni (more then propaganda artillery and infinitely worse) and comes a 10CP that's super late compaired to the 6cp of other strafes. The other (wher stuke strafe, us p47 strafe) comparable cost less, come at a earlier CP and are actually useful.
14 Jun 2020, 16:52 PM

This airstrike borderline useless. I does little to no damage to both light vehicles and infantry, can't even kill a non responsive teamweapon like its closest relative the .50 P47 form tactical support and requires precise timing to pull off.

Yep the ability should be look at.

(The ability does damage to both vehicles and infatry but as katitof point out it fire on different spot than what you aim. It fire further way from you fire. If I remember correctly the damage is done beyond the point the UI indicator ends.)
14 Jun 2020, 17:07 PM

This is the first time i've ever seen someone paint the P-47 strafe in a positive light.

The AI strafes in general are just overcosted or underpowered for what they do.
14 Jun 2020, 17:09 PM

This is the first time i've ever seen someone paint the P-47 strafe in a positive light.

CAS pinplane is pretty dope for what its supposed to do vs the cost.
14 Jun 2020, 17:20 PM

It's a really good way to delete a team weapon. Your opponent has to either react right away or his pak/mg dies. It also shows just how ad the IL2 strafe is haha.
14 Jun 2020, 17:43 PM

I’d support a rework so that this OP strafe is finally nerfed.

Also just saying, using Advanced Warfare on 2v2 and rushing ppsh cons isn’t exactly a meta strat for a reason.
14 Jun 2020, 17:58 PM

I’d support a rework so that this OP strafe is finally nerfed.

Also just saying, using Advanced Warfare on 2v2 and rushing ppsh cons isn’t exactly a meta strat for a reason.

I never said anything about meta or PPSH
14 Jun 2020, 18:19 PM

I never anything about meta or PPSH

Just mentioned it cuz we played earlier on Kharkov.
14 Jun 2020, 18:41 PM

How about an off-map katyusha strike? Something like the one in Feursturm but more against infantry
14 Jun 2020, 18:43 PM

Just mentioned it cuz we played earlier on Kharkov.

I know, wasnt my best showing. i find ppsh cons more usefull then shocks for a variety of reasons but thats off topic. Just think it's a shame that this useless strafe ability kinda pulls down the whole commander, cause as it stands its just flat out worse then armored assault.
14 Jun 2020, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 16:52 PMVipper

Yep the ability should be look at.

(The ability does damage to both vehicles and infatry but as katitof point out it fire on different spot than what you aim. It fire further way from you fire. If I remember correctly the damage is done beyond the point the UI indicator ends.)

I tested it on a giant blob of both infantry and vehicles (so it couldnt miss) and singular units and in both cases it basically did no damage, most certainly not 90 muni worth of damage. Sometimes it didn't even suppres propperly (again with blobs).
15 Jun 2020, 14:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 16:11 PMKatitof

I did some testing. It generally does not go out side the radius. It does have a higher change of impacting near by terrain. I believe the flight pattern is at fault here

Preferred_height_approach is 15 and the preferred_height_dive is also 15. This makes the IL comes in and stays low. More rounds hit buildings and trees

In comparison to the stuka,

Preferred_height_approach is 30 and the preferred_height_dive is 18. The angle of approach and the higher altitude makes less rounds impact the environment.

Additionally, the lower angle allows the scatter to much more pronounced, relying on more of colliding then impact.

Balance, wise, yes it is very weak. More suppression needed.
15 Jun 2020, 14:57 PM

I did some testing. It generally does not go out side the radius. It does have a higher change of impacting near by terrain. I believe the flight pattern is at fault here

Preferred_height_approach is 15 and the preferred_height_dive is also 15. This makes the IL comes in a stays low. More rounds hit buildings and trees

In comparison to the stuka,

Preferred_height_approach is 30 and the preferred_height_dive is 18. The angle of approach and the higher altitude makes less rounds impact the environment.

Additionally, the lower angle allows the scatter to much more pronounced, relying on more of colliding then impact.

Balance, wise, yes it is very weak. More suppression needed.

great work. well done man.
15 Jun 2020, 15:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I used it on a stationary kubel wagon and it lived.
15 Jun 2020, 16:05 PM

learn to play issue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
15 Jun 2020, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2020, 16:05 PMBaba
learn to play issue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As in “learn to pick another commander”?
15 Jun 2020, 18:57 PM

As in “learn to pick another commander”?

exactly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS