Login

russian armor

5man grens OP?

PAGES (7)down
8 Jun 2020, 17:20 PM

Why would you give them a pistol instead of another rifle? If the point is that five rifles is too strong, you can just make the rifles weaker, because you're making an entirely new squad.

Do you want riflemen to have lugers available to loot and take home with them? Is that it?

Good one :).

The luger on spawn would serve for lowering down their DPS since they should be available early and offering a way for an weapon upgrade different to the LMG.

A mid to close weapon (could be 1-2 weapons) could also work for allowing them to fight CQC units a bit better since their DPS would not be enough to deter units from storming them. Hence the grenade also.

The unit should be used more as helping normal grenadier with something more durable than completely replace them.
8 Jun 2020, 17:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Another joke of a thread. A week ago, I made a post saying that allied players on the forum claim whatever Ost unit is popular = that unit is OP.That post was later deleted by the mods. One of the longest standing members of this forum said that the flame HT was op after watching the 1v1 tournament a month ago. The flame HT was indeed a popular unit in the popular Ostruppen build order, but it wasn't even used to great effect half the time. Quite a few matches, it just kept on eating AT nades and not accomplish much at all. And let's not forget, the flamer HT was nerfed THREE times already. But some folks on this forum are never satisfied.

Another person in the forums dared to say Ostruppen + Pgren are OP (because like I said, whatever is popular for Ost = OP)

5man grens are certainly popular because IT IS THE ONLY VIABLE WAY TO USE GRENS THESE DAYS. 4man grens just bleed hard vs rifles and sections. After the rifle and section buffs, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY how much more cost effective rifles and IS are vs 4man grens. I bet the winrate of axis when 4man grens are used, falls significantly. So 5man grens are used because it is an ESSENTIAL upgrade (at least vs Western allies.)
8 Jun 2020, 17:31 PM

Permanently Banned
I just asked Dane, on Twitch, he said his original words were that "if anything was REMOTELY op on Ostheer, it would be the 5man grens." So yeah, 5man grens MIGHT be ever sooooo slightly OP. And not surprisingly, that is an absolute blasphemy to the likes of SuperAlliedFan. Not surprised he made this thread.
8 Jun 2020, 17:33 PM

I think 5man Grens should help 4man Grens, not replace them. Therefore plz buff 5man Grens by removing all their weapons and giving them a 1% dps aura when within 1m of 4man Grens.

I'm glad that a tournament which is meant to see who is the best player ends up being who has the best faction.

Allies won in a landslide across the tournament and all we’re seeing is “nerf axis” threads. That tells you all you need to know about how meme levels of pointless these threads are.
8 Jun 2020, 17:54 PM

Well, its an indicator that stock Grens are not performing well enough.

4 mam grens are outnumbered by every mainline allied infantry. So an assault tommy, ass enginers, or other similar comes in close, it gives no time for grens to react, and with their higher reinforcement cost, its no surprise that people are opting for Ostruppen/PG's and VSL's.

Honestly, the LMG 42 upgrade does not put out damage fast enough compared to ass grens, which is why more people opt for them.

I used to love Elite Troops with the Jaeger package, once vetted they hold their own, but not against double bars or double brens.

Why can't a Gren squad be able to use a LMG 42 and a G43? Every other mainline infantry gets to have at least 2 weapons on them.
8 Jun 2020, 17:57 PM

Why can't a Gren squad be able to use a LMG 42 and a G43? ..

Because it gives them great DPS at all ranges reducing the effect of relative positioning. Infantry and especially mainline infatry should excel at only one range.
8 Jun 2020, 18:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Allies won in a landslide across the tournament and all we’re seeing is “nerf axis” threads. That tells you all you need to know about how meme levels of pointless these threads are.

This is what I've been saying since the beginning of time....
8 Jun 2020, 18:08 PM

Ideally I'd like to see:

- Grens in general: additional -5% RA at vet 3 alongside the -20% DR.
- 5 men Grens: -10% RA to -5% RA once upgraded . Upgrade takes up 1-2 weapon slots.
- G43 Grens: -5% RA once upgraded.

It would be a nerf early on for 5 men Grens, but they'd perform the same at vet 3. Meanwhile, it's a slight midgame buff for LMG Grens and a buff for G43 Grens.

IMO the T4 bonus shouldn't affect how Grenadiers are balanced. I'd prefer to see the whole reinforcement and capping bonus replaced with the HMG42 being able to reinforce up to 5 men at T4, so it can do its job better against lategame Allied infantry.
8 Jun 2020, 18:13 PM

Yes, this is definitely the takeaway I had after yesterday.

Please nerf Ostheer, their performance was busted af in the tourney.
8 Jun 2020, 18:19 PM

I think 5man Grens should help 4man Grens, not replace them. Therefore plz buff 5man Grens by removing all their weapons and giving them a 1% dps aura when within 1m of 4man Grens.

I'm not even sure who is memeing and who is not at this point and I sincerely hope that nobody seriously think that this tournament shown that 5 man gren are OP just because it was the ONLY WAY for Ostheer to win.
8 Jun 2020, 18:22 PM

I'm not even sure who is memeing and who is not at this point and I sincerely hope that nobody seriously think that this tournament shown that 5 man gren are OP just because it was the ONLY WAY for Ostheer to win.

Not to mention that's not even what happened. German Infantry didn't win even once in either the Finals or 3rd Place Match.

Bizarre thread.
8 Jun 2020, 18:27 PM

Except Axis did much better without German Infantry. So that doesn't even make sense. The teams that did better with Axis like Luvnest and Devm didn't play German Infantry for example.
8 Jun 2020, 19:09 PM

That's not true at all - Ostheer/Axis won with Assault grenadiers and Lightning War doctrine as well. They were picked up in a lot of games where Axis were handled pretty easily. They're really not difficult to counter and it was disappointing to see Ostheer players crutch on them so heavily rather than making more diverse and powerful compositions.

I am extremely disappointed that you, of all people, did not instantly got what I did there :foreveralone:
8 Jun 2020, 19:35 PM
Donator 11

I am extremely disappointed that you, of all people, did not instantly got what I did there :foreveralone:

:romeoPls:
8 Jun 2020, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2020, 17:57 PMVipper

Because it gives them great DPS at all ranges reducing the effect of relative positioning. Infantry and especially mainline infatry should excel at only one range.

But what does an RS have when they run a BAR and a 1919?
8 Jun 2020, 20:17 PM

But what does an RS have when they run a BAR and a 1919?

Well you have to think the suggested design similar to VG and Obers in a smaller scale.

The 5 men unit that bleeds less is there to screen for the damage dealer that are LMG grenadiers.

The 5 men unit is more geared for attrition fighting while the lmg grenadier are more about dishing out damage.

As for riflemen equipped with BAR and 1919 the are good at all ranges. The reason why this was not that problematic was that the whole faction used to be based around riflemen so they where designed to be OP because the faction had an incomplete roster. Point here is that Grenadier should not be able to get both the g43 and LMG, if they can not stand up to BAR/M1919 riflemen it is the riflemen that need to change.
8 Jun 2020, 20:24 PM

That's just osttruppen with extra steps.
8 Jun 2020, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2020, 20:17 PMVipper
The 5 men unit that bleeds less is there to screen for the damage dealer that are LMG grenadiers.

The 5 men unit is more geared for attrition fighting while the lmg grenadier are more about dishing out damage.

You have a fundamental lack of understanding on how to use 5man Grens. They are more durable than 4men, but are also better on the move and can actually fight up close. They are not damage sponges, there's Osttruppen for that. 30mp damage sponge is a dumb design, stop suggesting it.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS