Login

russian armor

Katy 's "Creeping Barrage" ability

31 May 2020, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 12:10 PMMMX

Holy shit, someone actually properly tested and got some evidence. Nice work!

Certainly looks like the ability needs some tweaking.
31 May 2020, 12:46 PM

I'd [prefer to see a creeping smoke barrage for example. Not yet on any unit. Could be a cool feature of a katy. Still I believe Katy is the best stock rocket artillery in game so I would be careful when buffing anything it's got.
31 May 2020, 13:22 PM

Still I believe Katy is the best stock rocket artillery in game so I would be careful when buffing anything it's got.

Feel free to believe whatever you want.
Doesn't change the hard fact, that best rocket arty is without question stuka, for the ability to land barrage exactly where you want it regardless of range.

And in case you haven't read a single word from opening post, its not about buffing it, its about making its vet ability actually worth the cost attached to it.
31 May 2020, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 13:22 PMKatitof

Feel free to believe whatever you want.
Doesn't change the hard fact, that best rocket arty is without question stuka, for the ability to land barrage exactly where you want it regardless of range.

And in case you haven't read a single word from opening post, its not about buffing it, its about making its vet ability actually worth the cost attached to it.

I personally like the Pzwerfer best as it can pin and wipe squads in a small area which is perfect for protecting VPs.

Stuka is objectively the best.

Katyusha is the most balanced I'd say.

Calliope is alright

Land mattress is just fucking awful.
31 May 2020, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 13:26 PMGrim

I personally like the Pzwerfer best as it can pin and wipe squads in a small area which is perfect for protecting VPs.

Only reason why its not best is because of how close you need to get in for that, but yeah, that's guaranteed wipe on any weapon team.
31 May 2020, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 13:26 PMGrim

Land mattress is just fucking awful.

With that performance they should make it non doc no one will complain.shitty arty is better than nothing
31 May 2020, 14:13 PM

With that performance they should make it non doc no one will complain.shitty arty is better than nothing

I disagree, I think it should be reworked with increased cost, reduced scatter and increased range, so that it doesn't cover half the map when you barrage and makes missplacing a barrage more punishing. Implementing it stock in current form would be cancer for both sides.

Would be nice if the LM auto-setup thing got fixed too.
31 May 2020, 18:52 PM

I didn't want to stir the pot tbh. Maybe the comparison wasn't a good idea. Anyway, creeping barrage on the katiusha is terrible and there's no dubt here. I honestly feel that the regular barrage is so good that it might be a really hard job to make any sensible ability that would make players use it instead of a regular barrage. Maybe smoke creeping barrage? Or maybe an ability to shoot regular barrage with smoke rockets. Instead of 1-3 regular rockets there could be incendiary rockets to accompany the barrage as a paid muni ability.
1 Jun 2020, 15:00 PM

Yeah the creeping barrage is so incredibly useless. I've used it once a couple times and just relearned how useless it is for the muni it costs.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 12:10 PMMMX

Yeah that's absolutely possible, but also depends on how many tests you've run. After all, scatter is heavily RNG dependent and it's quite likely two consecutive barrages have totally different impact patterns. One time almost all rockets land dead center, and yet another time they'll scatter wildly. You'll need a huge volume of fire to actually see the full range of possible scatter outcomes for comparison.

The picture below doesn't show this perfectly due to the comparably large size of the splats, but gives a good impression of the difference in scatter between creeping barrage (right) and barrage (left) at similar distance.

The number of impacts in both cases is well beyond 1,000 (you can replicate this by setting the reload of the weapon (katyusha_bm_13_16_rocket_mp) to zero and increasing the number of rockets fired barrage abilities (katyusha_creeping_barrage_mp and katyusha_rocket_truck_barrage_mp)) and the conscript sandbags are added for size reference.

Maybe its alternating between the high accuracy rocket weapon and the low accuracy rocket weapon?
MMX
4 Jun 2020, 04:18 AM

Maybe its alternating between the high accuracy rocket weapon and the low accuracy rocket weapon?

sadly it doesn't. on top of the regular barrage's scatter you get an additional 6 x 8 m scatter from the target box for each of the 4 rocket salvos (or 30 x 8 m for the full barrage).
compared to that, the priest's creeping barrage projectile has no scatter at all, meaning all projectiles are guaranteed to land inside the target rectangle (20 x 8 m box).
now you can of course argue the katy is good enough already to discourage any further buffs, but i think something should be done to make the creeping barrage at least worth its cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★