Login

russian armor

1v1 Meta

13 May 2020, 21:18 PM

Hey guys, i've been away from coh2 for almost 2 years and i was wondering what is the current meta/viable strats for all factions in 1v1?

Detailed explanations on the strats/build orders would be very welcome..

Thanks in advance,
Earth
13 May 2020, 23:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Watch some games:

OH: FOTM is skipping building Grens or at least using them with the 5 man squad doctrinal upgrade.
Using Osstruppen, Assault Grenadiers or Pios + MG for a quick transition into T2 with PG/222/FHT.
It's all about the early map control and pressure. More so against Soviets (you basically want to strangle them before they can put out a T70)
We just had a path which shifted the whole Heavy meta. T4 is viable on 1v1. Brummbar and Ostwind are more than viable and good units, not just niche as before.

SU: Conscripts are meta. Due to how people play OH, it's more risky to go for Penal, Clowncar or sniper strats against them. Still viable against OKW.
Maxims spam is no longer a thing.
Soviet played is more or less defined by how well u can hold early on till you can build a T70 and then transition from there on out to medium vehicles. U have to build T4 for doctrinal units. T34-76 are not such a meme unit as before because they buffed the AI on the MGs. Su76 spam is no longer a thing and it's probably only used as a emergency AT unit against the enemies medium vehicles such as an Ostwind rush.
IS2 commanders has lost in popularity (all faction heavies) although they are still viable. People will use commanders with the small AT gun as a stopgap unit, more so in T1 openings.

UKF: 4 or even 5 IS are not rare to see. RE have snares now. AEC + Valentine strats are common. Comet > Churchill nowadays.

USF: 3 Rifles Officer Light vehicle (Stuart or AAHT). You can spice it up with mechanized commanders with early WC. Although less popular Pershing still works.

OKW: 3/4 Volks tech into mechanized for P2 + Puma play (i got lazy at this point, so ask someone else to expand).
14 May 2020, 02:16 AM

I have been running as my entry build:

MG42
MG42/Ostruppen
Ostruppen
Medic Station
Pgren

Don't typically bother with Tier 2 as I have a doctrinal Pak40/MG34 airdrop for 400muni, as well as Ostruppen snares Pgren Schreks.

Wait for Stugs, then either a Ostwind/Panther for armor.

Panzerwerfer in the end game for indirect fire.

14 May 2020, 14:37 PM

I tried some COH2 and COH1 after like 3-4 years quit, I felt like COH2 every match is like fighting against Brit/PE, which is quite pain in the ass.

Shock unit being too good at the right timing and you are royally fucked if you are not prepared. T70 Stuart Panzer II appearance being something like a COH1 faghound.
14 May 2020, 19:58 PM

snip

Is USF mechanized actually viable rn?
14 May 2020, 20:05 PM

I think so, cav riflemen plus dozer M4s plus early WC51 are all nice. Not so sure about LT builds since no rangers with 3 zooks to compensate for no M1.

Used it in 2v2 a bit to good effect.
14 May 2020, 20:16 PM

I think so, cav riflemen plus dozer M4s plus early WC51 are all nice. Not so sure about LT builds since no rangers with 3 zooks to compensate for no M1.

Used it in 2v2 a bit to good effect.

Hm. Maybe I'll give it a try then. Cav rifles always felt a little wonky to me but then again I never actually played with them a ton so maybe I'll have to give it more of a go.
14 May 2020, 20:28 PM

Hm. Maybe I'll give it a try then. Cav rifles always felt a little wonky to me but then again I never actually played with them a ton so maybe I'll have to give it more of a go.

They are a bit wonky but they're still good. Only cqc squad in the game that has a snare unless I'm mistaken, and it packs a punch
14 May 2020, 20:49 PM

They are a bit wonky but they're still good. Only cqc squad in the game that has a snare unless I'm mistaken, and it packs a punch

MP40 volks and ppsh cons also have snares since they're mainlines but yeah. Only non AT penal squad with satchel snare though.
14 May 2020, 22:19 PM

MP40 volks and ppsh cons also have snares since they're mainlines but yeah. Only non AT penal squad with satchel snare though.

Oh yeah forget to count them. But yeah the satchel is a nice toy
15 May 2020, 11:31 AM

Early WC51 is nice vs OKW, you can bleed him quite a lot if he is not careful. Then switching the crew to your next vehicle.
16 May 2020, 10:07 AM

Basically
SU: Urban Defence, Guard Motor and maybe Airborn
OH: Assgren doctrines, Ostruppen doctrines, 5men grens
US: Mechanized (Heavy Cav and Urban Assault are ok too)
OK: trash faction, but Luftwaffe, Scavange, Elite Armor and Feuersturm
UK: Royal Artillery
if you choose something i can tell the build orders more specifically, too lazy to write everything
16 May 2020, 15:44 PM

OK: trash faction, but Luftwaffe, Scavange, Elite Armor and Feuersturm

Grand offensive!!!
16 May 2020, 16:21 PM

lul
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %