Login

russian armor

The OKW Pak 43

8 May 2020, 23:01 PM

Gets vet faster than both the ostheer pak 43, as well as the 17pdr emplacement.

The vet bonuses on the OKW Pak 43 are completely identical to the Ostheer Pak 43, but can quite literally reach vet 5 right before the Ost version reaches vet 3, and benefits from 2 additional veterancy buffs- Weapon damage, and range.

Am I missing some weird explanation for this? Isn't it more appropriate to give identical vet requirements for 1-3? That rule is followed by both Lefh versions, but apparently not the pak 43s.
8 May 2020, 23:18 PM

To begin, all veterancies as a whole are a complete mess.
Only the more common units have veterancies somewhat revised. Rare and niche units vets are often oversighted.
9 May 2020, 00:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vet requirements are unfortunately not revised unless units get reworked.
9 May 2020, 00:31 AM

Vet 1-3 is identical, the okw one gets 10% damage at vet 4 and +6.25% range of fire at vet 5.

I'd put the full vet requirement at 9 or 10K for the okw one.
9 May 2020, 01:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vet 1-3 is identical, the okw one gets 10% damage at vet 4 and +6.25% range of fire at vet 5.

I'd put the full vet requirement at 9 or 10K for the okw one.

Vet requirements always doubles from vet 1 to vet 3.
OKW is set to be 1.25x and 1.3x respectively.

Vet values should either mimic OH or the respective bonuses be given at similar vet values as OH.

For example:

Base 1600xp > 3200 > 6400 > 8000 > 10400

Split the base vet 3 stats between vet 3 and vet 4 and make vet 5 give the extended range + dmg
9 May 2020, 09:12 AM

Yeah lets nerf the unit that is seen in 0,001% games with today's meta
9 May 2020, 09:18 AM

Tbh I would make an argument that the OST PaK 43 and UKF-17lber need vet reductions as they barely show up outside of large team games and there they are taken out quite easily by artillery and call-ins (once brace is on CD for the 17lber)
9 May 2020, 09:21 AM

Yeah lets nerf the unit that is seen in 0,001% games with today's meta

If something is inconsistent, it should be brought in line and there couldn't be any better example then FUCKING EXACT SAME UNIT between 2 factions.
OKW vet 1-3 was brought to the level of ost vet 1-3 with stats and requierments, where vet 4 and 5 are bonus utility ranks.
9 May 2020, 12:40 PM

Another option would be buff the vet required for Pak 43 ost as it sees no play, so it's consistent, and why does the 70 pounder have the same vet requ ? When it has more hp, brace , flare, etc ?
9 May 2020, 13:38 PM

Another option would be buff the vet required for Pak 43 ost as it sees no play, so it's consistent, and why does the 70 pounder have the same vet requ ? When it has more hp, brace , flare, etc ?

Yes, because UKF is better at OST things than OST
9 May 2020, 17:45 PM

There is a big difference between OKW and OST Pak 43: unless you put the pak 43 next to the medic hq or an ostheer ally helps out, there is absolutely no way to replace lost crew models! (And you can repair the 17 pounder)

Seriously, vet 4 and 5 bonuses should be replaced by self reinforcement and self heal, moved in place of vet 1 and 2, both costing munitions. Then the vet requirements can be raised too.
9 May 2020, 18:27 PM

9 May 2020, 18:42 PM

For the niche role that they're in, Pak 43s are quite strong in team games, and it's easy to vet one to max level if you pick a chokepoint and place it behind a shotblocker.

Frankly, the Ost and OKW lefhs follow the vet rule, so I don't understand why the same logic isn't applied to the OKW version. The thread was opened in the event there was some sort of weird logic behind this, unless the pak 43 had easier vet in the past but the okw version was forgotten somewhere.
9 May 2020, 18:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nah people can get their head out of "mah unit" is UP, don't fix it at all.

If the unit is UP, you can buff it. If the units is bugged, fix it.
9 May 2020, 18:55 PM

If I don't use it, I don't care.
If it does get buffed, it's useful.
If it is useful, why nerf it.
If it is too strong, it needs it.
If it does get nerfed, it's now absolutely useless.
9 May 2020, 19:00 PM

Nice to see OKW's superior veterancy design in the trash can while USF keeps vehicle crews intact.

This really isn't that big of a deal. I guess they can add some XP to vet 5, but it's not really a big deal so whatever.
9 May 2020, 19:02 PM

Nice to see OKW's superior veterancy design in the trash can while USF keeps vehicle crews intact.

Well, OKW doesn't exactly have a crippling economy that forces them to deploy on points and focus resources between good fuel income and no muni income or reverse, so they don't really need terminator super fast and powerful vet anymore.
9 May 2020, 19:03 PM

Well, OKW doesn't exactly have a crippling economy that forces them to deploy on points and focus resources between good fuel income and no muni income or reverse, so they don't really need terminator super fast and powerful vet anymore.

I mean, neither does USF have to pick between Captain and LT anymore. Even rifles got buffed.
9 May 2020, 19:08 PM

I mean, neither does USF have to pick between Captain and LT anymore. Even rifles got buffed.

Do you want to make some point or just wanted to mention random things of no relevance or similarity in one sentence?
USF economy cost-wise is exactly the same as it was and they pretty much always backteched or never got HMG and skipped the tier all together.

OKWs inferior economy was a base point for powerful early vet - apparently not all units got adjusted when they were going through changes and if the unit is so rarely used already, what's the fuss about fixing an oversight?
9 May 2020, 19:13 PM

Do you want to make some point or just wanted to mention random things of no relevance or similarity in one sentence?
USF economy cost-wise is exactly the same as it was and they pretty much always backteched or never got HMG and skipped the tier all together.

OKWs inferior economy was a base point for powerful early vet - apparently not all units got adjusted when they were going through changes and if the unit is so rarely used already, what's the fuss about fixing an oversight?

Like I said:

This really isn't that big of a deal. I guess they can add some XP to vet 5, but it's not really a big deal so whatever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★