Login

russian armor

About general game balance

29 Apr 2020, 19:33 PM

Hi Folks.
Too many people arguing and suggesting in this site about game balance and balance team sometimes listen some times not . Some people say that balance team is incompetent to handle this good but bad designed game …Some says relic not letting them to free to do logical changes. At the end it doesnt matter. Game was allready dead long long time ago when with brits and western front armies arrive. Of course its my personal opinion some will agree some not which is I dont really care…

Game have no real standart unit design like “mainline inf”, “Support gun” or standart dinamics like cover system,flanking etc…Yes! Just units and abusively powerfull units with mocking games general cover and other Dynamics all over. No matter how some People says this kind of balance is good for diiferent strategies.. , yes in theory but not in practice.

1v1 balance maybe ok but in team games nah just not fun. Some times its allied faction get stomp sometimes axis which currently playing with axis just not rewarding at all. I am playing this game since vanilla coh with all factions.Aprox %50-60 win rate with 2v2 mostly with any faction And really starting the getting bored with abusive stuff that brakes the game all the time no matter which faction. This is bad design.
You just cant buff or nerf just one unit to make things perfect at this stage. 5 factions “mainline inf”. Yes there must have some difference but not like one player can abuse the other, its like slight difference , bulletins kind of maybe . It must be the positioning timing or general strategy to make u win not the unit. Coh really doesnt offers something like this. I remember sniper in scout car tactic for soviet, one or two burst buildg clearing centaur,invincable axis tanks, high accurate volks etc…. Always like this no real strategy just cheese no matter which faction.
Why does mortars have auto fire? WHy does some units have to deal rng bu others dont need too much . I am talking about main line tanks that relatively counter with each other. Differences ok but not this kind of scale.Not like sherman one shot wipes for 4 men squad or brumbar etc.. You get the idea. Some must have pros and cons some has just pros or cons!..

nevermind at the and this game was dead still and dead,the tournements are proof with really boring predictable games...Game need to have general dynamics and unit classification which is not gonna happen maybe next game I hope...

29 Apr 2020, 20:42 PM

Hi Folks.

Hi. First of all, i agree with you in your statement.
I will highlight what i consider the root all balance issues.
You just cant buff or nerf just one unit to make things perfect at this stage... It must be the positioning timing or general strategy to make u win not the unit.

29 Apr 2020, 20:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I feel like the post is trying to say too much (anyone could take a bite at it and agree with something or not) but not saying anything concrete at all.

I would specially disagree in the "dead" statement, specially if you consider from where the game is coming, how it evolved and how it stands compared to other RTS.

29 Apr 2020, 20:56 PM

Team games are for fun mass battles. If you want to play a game of strategy and positioning, stick to 1v1s. Many team maps are designed to just have players go head to head in waves.
29 Apr 2020, 22:30 PM

I would specially disagree in the "dead" statement, specially if you consider from where the game is coming, how it evolved and how it stands compared to other RTS.

Well, this is sort of true. Current COH2 is IMHO a zombie like game. It is half dead since relic itself has abandoned its developement and the game its nothing like what it was before. But its alive in its own way of being because it has a bigger and (hopefully) better playerbase, with a lot of streaming and forums activity to keep the game active and loved. I see CoH2 as another step leading to better RTS, not a definitive game though.
30 Apr 2020, 00:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, this is sort of true. Current COH2 is IMHO a zombie like game. It is half dead since relic itself has abandoned its developement and the game its nothing like what it was before. But its alive in its own way of being because it has a bigger and (hopefully) better playerbase, with a lot of streaming and forums activity to keep the game active and loved. I see CoH2 as another step leading to better RTS, not a definitive game though.

Perspective. COH2 is an almost 7 year old game on a niche genre which retains players like many other games would love to. It's probably in the same realm as WC3 (forget that Reforged exists) occupying a solid 4th place behind SC2, AoE2 and WC3.

SC is a monster on it's own. Let's leave that.
AoE2 HD/AoE2 DE/AoE2 really pulls the number. And while the DE version was not spectacular it was fairly fine enough to not be the disaster that was called Reforged.
WC3 RE was a great but wasted opportunity to bring people back into the game. It's hard to find numbers with Blizzard games but it would probably be higher than CoH2. More so in the top portion of the competitive side of the game, probably carried by the Chinese.

CoH2: https://steamcharts.com/app/231430

You want real zombie//dead games from relative important IPs?
Dawn of War. Homeworld. Planetary Annihilation. Supreme Commander. Sins of Solar. World in Conflict. C&C Tiberium/RA/Generals. Grey goo (old Westwood). Cossacks. Halo Wars.

Steel Division/Men of War are a different genre of strategy games focused more on tactics and "realism" (RTT) but have a niche smaller playerbase.

Paradox games (EU, HoI, Stellaris) are in a group of "grand strategy" type of games followed closely by the Total War series of games.

PD: I forgot some RTS but it's a group focused mostly on single player, such as base defense in They are billions or the Anno series.

30 Apr 2020, 00:47 AM

Aww just in the feelings, i played many of them, from WC3 to homeworld, passing through C&C, my all time favourite.

I understand and agree aswell.

CoH2 is in a great spot.
30 Apr 2020, 06:58 AM

Another shit post in the cesspit of ignorance which is the coh2 forum.

Well done.
30 Apr 2020, 07:20 AM

The saddest fact is that the RTS genre itself is dead, of which coh2 still occupies a unique position with no substitutes yet

The mod team continues to work on stupid patches that keep destroying the concept of units and factions, but it's still working well.
30 Apr 2020, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 07:20 AMblancat

The saddest fact is that the RTS genre itself is dead, of which coh2 still occupies a unique position with no substitutes yet

The mod team continues to work on stupid patches that keep destroying the concept of units and factions, but it's still working well.

Lol, Before CoH2 became my favourite again this year. I had a long MMORPG time. Guess what? People there claim exactly the same in their forums. "Playerbase gets smaller - MMO is dead - why you make the game worse? - greedy publisher - no other good mmo out there anymore" - etc etc

I think it´s just a matter of perspective and how one wishes "his" game would work. This one here works fine for me, although i didn´t see the last 5-6 years of this game and it´s changes.

also never play Bdo - this is obviously a scam game lmao
30 Apr 2020, 09:35 AM

Contrary to all the doomsaying (which has been around for years) I'd say the game is probably at its best right now, The playerbase is stable, and from my (limited) observation i'd even say it's growing, It used to hover around 4,5k players 1-2 yaers ago, now its around 6k (and even more with the whole coronaparty we are having now). Probably thanks to all the coh2 giveaways, but still ,the players are sticking around, and that means something.
30 Apr 2020, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 09:35 AMMusti
Contrary to all the doomsaying (which has been around for years) I'd say the game is probably at its best right now, The playerbase is stable, and from my (limited) observation i'd even say it's growing, It used to hover around 4,5k players 1-2 yaers ago, now its around 6k (and even more with the whole coronaparty we are having now). Probably thanks to all the coh2 giveaways, but still ,the players are sticking around, and that means something.

I would say most new players the last few years are all Korean/SEA/Chinese

Which would fit in with general growth of the greater Steam user population as a whole. Relic have really done nothing to grow the game since Brits and WFA commanders. That was what, two years ago or more?
30 Apr 2020, 10:10 AM

People have been calling this a dead game for over 5 years.

What that normally means is that their preferred method of playing was patched out recently.

30 Apr 2020, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 10:10 AMGrim

What that normally means is that their preferred method of playing was patched out recently.

There wasn't a more true comment on this forum for months.
30 Apr 2020, 17:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 10:12 AMKatitof

There wasn't a more true comment on this forum for months.

Words of wisdom.
30 Apr 2020, 19:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

HOW DARE YOU say those words.

I identify as a Gouda player. Ever since installing this game, i dreamed of soaring over the battlefield dropping hot loads of flames while riding scout cars. People say to me that a person being a cheese is impossible and i'm fucking retarded but i don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a modder implement all of the old patches in my game. From now on i want you guys to call me Roquefort and respect my right to cheese and spam needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a Turophobic and need to check your game privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★