Login

russian armor

Overall community trend

26 Apr 2020, 23:21 PM

Sorry to vent-

What the FUCK is up with random team-mates right now ? I get maybe 1 game in 10 where people are decent or at the very least won't quit at the first setback. It's always been an issue but never more so than now. I know the answer is play with an arranged team, but come on people...
27 Apr 2020, 00:28 AM

We could always use more 1v1 players so if you are sick of people being toxic feel free to give 1's a try, has a learning curve but for me its always been my bread and butter in RTS games.
27 Apr 2020, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 00:28 AMClarity
We could always use more 1v1 players so if you are sick of people being toxic feel free to give 1's a try, has a learning curve but for me its always been my bread and butter in RTS games.

You mean to say that people in 1v1s are not toxic?

Really now.
27 Apr 2020, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Really now.

You don't have to deal with those on your team.
27 Apr 2020, 12:39 PM

Really now.

You just notice it less because you only meet 1 player at a time.
27 Apr 2020, 12:41 PM

And he usually doesn't attempt to kill your HQ if you do badly, unless you do exeptionally badly.
27 Apr 2020, 14:01 PM

if you are higher rank only augustine is toxic :D
27 Apr 2020, 15:51 PM

It is worse because there seems to be a lot of self-proclaimed Field Generals in team games. I've been getting at least one per day. Yesterday's was someone with a CELO rating of a little over 6100. He ordered everyone to go center and bottom on Hill 400 (because every 6000+ genius knows that you win by giving the other side half of the map). When I didn't follow his orders, he started pinging, using both racial epithets and anti-gay slurs.

That game was one of the few that did work out okay, as he finally left. The computer was a significant upgrade so we won after he left. I'm pretty old and hadn't seen some of those slurs used since at least the 1970's, maybe even the 60's. My guess is that he was probably shouting them at the screen also so the attendants in his nursing home kicked him off the computer.

Most of the time, I just leave, even if it is going to punish my random ranking severely.

I do wish there was a way to mute teammate's pings and text. Also, I somewhat agree with Koniux that most of the better players aren't toxic. I don't know augustine so wasn't agreeing with that part.
27 Apr 2020, 18:23 PM

Some of it is pretty bad. Recent game on Across the Rhine had a teammate blip the house next to the fuel (the big one across the road from the vp) and tell me under no circumstances should I lose it. After pushing the red player off of the fuel I noticed a huge flank from orange so I got out after a brief delay to try and hold him up so my teammates could adjust (hopeful thinking). I got a ton of gardening and pudding for a match we wound up winning fairly easily. Some rank 3000 guy.

I consider myself fairly average (I'm getting old) and I'm constantly telling my toddler kid to do shit but it just baffles the fuck out of me that people are so focused on a single minded idea of telling people what to do instead of working with the situation. Granted there are days where I don't have as much grit and time to save a sinking ship of a match against competent opponents but I never do that sort of shit to players.
27 Apr 2020, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 18:23 PMKoRneY
Some of it is pretty bad. Recent game on Across the Rhine had a teammate blip the house next to the fuel (the big one across the road from the vp) and tell me under no circumstances should I lose it. After pushing the red player off of the fuel I noticed a huge flank from orange so I got out after a brief delay to try and hold him up so my teammates could adjust (hopeful thinking). I got a ton of gardening and pudding for a match we wound up winning fairly easily. Some rank 3000 guy.

I consider myself fairly average (I'm getting old) and I'm constantly telling my toddler kid to do shit but it just baffles the fuck out of me that people are so focused on a single minded idea of telling people what to do instead of working with the situation. Granted there are days where I don't have as much grit and time to save a sinking ship of a match against competent opponents but I never do that sort of shit to players.

Ouch, I've lost to teams with you on it a couple times recently. I'd had some dreams of mediocrity but you just busted them.

Today's field general was someone that wanted me to send a beat up Pershing into an attack on a vp defended by a schwerer, 1 or 2 mg34's, panther, raketen, and a bunch of infantry. They YOLO'd their infantry into that with no smoke, nothing besides a big A-move. They ended up losing a bunch of models but not getting close to the VP. I took it a few minutes later without losing many models.

Yesterday's field general was someone who would ping every time he didn't like the positon of something. At one point, he wanted me to move a raketen around a building and take on a KV8 at zero range. While he is doing this, his pak40 is moving through an infantry blow from the other team with vehicle priority set on.
27 Apr 2020, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 00:28 AMClarity

i have done exactly that and it was the best decision to have the most fun out of this game. Also it makes you able to carry your teammates
27 Apr 2020, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 15:51 PMGrumpy

It is worse because there seems to be a lot of self-proclaimed Field Generals in team games. I've been getting at least one per day. Yesterday's was someone with a CELO rating of a little over 6100. He ordered everyone to go center and bottom on Hill 400 (because every 6000+ genius knows that you win by giving the other side half of the map). When I didn't follow his orders, he started pinging, using both racial epithets and anti-gay slurs.

That game was one of the few that did work out okay, as he finally left. The computer was a significant upgrade so we won after he left. I'm pretty old and hadn't seen some of those slurs used since at least the 1970's, maybe even the 60's. My guess is that he was probably shouting them at the screen also so the attendants in his nursing home kicked him off the computer.

Most of the time, I just leave, even if it is going to punish my random ranking severely.

I do wish there was a way to mute teammate's pings and text. Also, I somewhat agree with Koniux that most of the better players aren't toxic. I don't know augustine so wasn't agreeing with that part.

i love these stories. pls tell me more!
27 Apr 2020, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
I'm glad I've arrived on this thread. I can confirm toxicity and # of players in the match are strongly and positively correlated.
28 Apr 2020, 00:50 AM

In my 1v1s most of the people just say nothing, which is much more preferable than shittalking. I throw out the customary glhf at the start anyway to set a cordial mood but I don't expect any response to it, they might be grabbing something or just aren't staring at chat at the start.
28 Apr 2020, 00:59 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I'm glad I've arrived on this thread. I can confirm toxicity and # of players in the match are strongly and positively correlated.

Unless it is arranged teams (at least most of the time)
28 Apr 2020, 16:34 PM

Yeah its tough in this corona times, where everyone is home.

I was playing 4v4 and one guy was getting doubleteamed in one corner, while his teammate sat afk in the middle.

After 20 mins of the poor guy getting double teamed and asking for help, his teammate build 5 raketens and started teamkilling our bases.

28 Apr 2020, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 18:48 PMGrumpy

Ouch, I've lost to teams with you on it a couple times recently. I'd had some dreams of mediocrity but you just busted them.

I probably had good teammates :)
28 Apr 2020, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 19:07 PMKoRneY

I probably had good teammates :)

Checking CELO, the matchmaker usually puts you with top 100 or top 150 players but you're usually the highest ranked random we see (3v3's playing evening in Pacific time).
29 Apr 2020, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 12:41 PMKatitof

And he usually doesn't attempt to kill your HQ if you do badly, unless you do exeptionally badly.

badum tss

nice one
29 Apr 2020, 02:50 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If you have a string of bad luck that drops your rank far enough you can get stuck in Hell. A rank so low that all of your teammates and opponents will be crayon eating morons or people trolling. Then it will be entirely luck which team gets the least idiots to win, making it take forever to boost your rank back up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★