Login

russian armor

CoH2 Build Order Project: Soviet T2 Build

21 Apr 2020, 16:06 PM

Back again with another entry into the build order project. Special thanks to Hannibal for consulting on the script.

Link here
22 Apr 2020, 10:18 AM

Don't you think that videos of this type are kind of obsolete at this point in the game's life-cycle?

(this is not to discredit the quality of the video)
22 Apr 2020, 10:21 AM

Don't you think that videos of this type are kind of obsolete at this point in the game's life-cycle?

There are still some new players joining, and the game isn't exactly easy to learn especially with outdated tooltips, so I'd say it's not obsolete.
22 Apr 2020, 17:20 PM

I wonder if there are any viable T2 builds that don't start with 4 cons. I've been playing around with con-con-T2-maxim but its horrible against OKW, who push your 2 cons of the field with their Sturms and Volks, and then the maxim hits the field while the 2 cons are just back in base for reinforcement.
22 Apr 2020, 17:33 PM

3 Cons 2 Engis is viable, into Guards or Shocks with T2
22 Apr 2020, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wonder if there are any viable T2 builds that don't start with 4 cons. I've been playing around with con-con-T2-maxim but its horrible against OKW, who push your 2 cons of the field with their Sturms and Volks, and then the maxim hits the field while the 2 cons are just back in base for reinforcement.

On 1v1 i don't think so. Cause you will lose too much map presence. If you don't plan to get T3 up, you could try playing with an extended low tier play but in that case you should be playing OH nor Soviets.
22 Apr 2020, 18:13 PM

3 cons, healing, T2, maxim, Guards.

Seems to work though I haven’t used it more than 1 game.
23 Apr 2020, 09:37 AM

Even if it is catering to a non-existent audience, the videos are pretty easy to make, and I think it's interesting to document the games history by going over builds and strategies like this.
23 Apr 2020, 14:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Even if the audience is probably very small, Autobahn seems to do it just for the fun of it.
The videos are pretty well made. Very short and concise, cover what, when and why. I think this is all you need to know to get started.

The only thing that could be imprpved without too much effort would be to synchronize what you say and what the video shows you better. Especially in the first video it was a bit off. If you say to buy the AT grenade to make sure you can defend a Luchs or 222, show Cons throwing it etc (can't remember if that was in there like that or not, just an example). If you say to buy a T70 to get your midgame right, don't show it dying. Show it chipping away at infantry. It might die in the end, does not matter, but show it in it's intended role, or fight off a Luchs (although this would probably take too long for the video). With the sweepers you could show them sweeping a mine to keep a T70 in the same shot safe.

Not a huge thing, but this can really improve the conveyed message.
23 Apr 2020, 19:17 PM

I think your videos are great at their core, but i think you could open a bit more alternative stuff, for examples if enemy gets counters to units you buy or if youd have to change build order.
23 Apr 2020, 21:41 PM

The only build I could think of that might work in 1v1 with Tier 2 would probably on be useful against Ostheer as OKW zergs you with too many Volks too quickly. It would be T2 - Con - Con - Con - Maxim - Infirmary - Zis-3/Guards - AT-Nades - T/70.
23 Apr 2020, 23:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think your videos are great at their core, but i think you could open a bit more alternative stuff, for examples if enemy gets counters to units you buy or if youd have to change build order.

I thought about this too, but I think the videos are better that way. As short as possible, just get a viable build for new players out so that they have more time for actually playing the game and not constantly thinking about what to get next. Then they also have more time to see how the units perform. The more branches to the decision tree, the less will a new player remember.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2020, 21:41 PMClarity
The only build I could think of that might work in 1v1 with Tier 2 would probably on be useful against Ostheer as OKW zergs you with too many Volks too quickly. It would be T2 - Con - Con - Con - Maxim - Infirmary - Zis-3/Guards - AT-Nades - T/70.

Cons are played on high level as well. But this is for new players. The meta is not worth that much, what counts is how easy it is to use these units. And SOV T1 leaves quite a lot of gaps, has two micro intense units, expensive main lines which means you get less squads so your map control has to be better. LVs can only be soft countered, snares are more difficult etc etc. T2 is user friendly, and that's what a new player needs to have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★