Login

russian armor

Looks Like I Owe Sander An Apology

23 Apr 2020, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2020, 10:11 AMVipper

The thing is that most tech are messed up and it is not simply a T-70 issue and I simply do not accept the argument that T-70 has to be "OP", it does not.

There are number of fixes for this:
One can delay 222/FHT by reintroducing 221
One lower the price of OKW T2 to be the same as T2 and move the extra cost to engineer and make a prerequest for T2

And I am not sure why in your opinion the T-70 should be a counter to PzII or FHT, Soviet have zis and where given PTRS to deal with these threats, if these option do not work there is something wrong in that design.

Your solution of making T3 come with a previous building simply makes thing worse as even more powerful unit become available earlier. This is direction that should simply be stopped. When something does not work one should consider reverting back instead of continuing down the same path.

I think the T70 needs to win VS p2 because of the timing of the units. I'm not against having the T70 toned down to P2 levels (though it would overlap with the AA halftrack completely), but that can only work if you reduce the soviet up-front tech cost to actually allow the T70 and P2 to arrive at the same time. Simply downscaling the T70 is equal to massively nerfing the faction as a whole, even though the cost/performance ratio of the one unit you are changing remains the same.
23 Apr 2020, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2020, 10:23 AMKatitof

Have you considered the possibility that in context of other factions units compared to what opposition it faces, it is not op? If it was, it would receive rework akin to that of Stuart or 222.

T-70 is OP even according to member of MOD team who simply leave like that because they consider it "a crutch unit". If you want to debate the issue debate with the mod team.

How reintroduction of weak unit will make people not go for strong one?

I have explained this many times, simply look it up

Do you know what FHT does to ptrs penals or you just drive straight into satchel range? Only AT rifle unit in game that can counter it are guards and only thanks to button, not PTRS.

That simply proves my point, Penals where given PTRS to counter light vehicles, if they do not there is something wrong in the design. On the other hand Ostheer need the FHT or they lose to allied infatry so we have another "crutch unit"

If you want to make a unit significantly weaker then it is currently, you need to allow it significantly faster and vice versa - that's the reason 222 does not cost 15 fuel anymore.

Try reading before posting suggested fuel price was 50-60. It does translate to "significantly weaker". It translate to moderate lower power level reduction.

Also, what you want to revert about T-70?
It received only nerfs for couple of years straight, in fact it never received a singular lone buff, any buff it received always came with multiple nerfs, making overall performance lower then before the change.

Your history is inaccurate and also irrelevant. The thing that actually matters is that the unit is currently OP.
23 Apr 2020, 17:27 PM

The m5 just arrives to late to have a big enough impact imo.

It's the best AA unit in the game. The planes you would be shooting down arrive even later
23 Apr 2020, 18:42 PM

It's the best AA unit in the game. The planes you would be shooting down arrive even later

Thats my point. Its almost exclusivly used for aa.

Its overdrive is almost never used because in 99 out of a 100 cases it wont go on the offense or its dead before you can click the button.

It can supress nicely after 100 muni upgrade. But if it never sees inf or dies in a sneeze from at fire its a waste of muni.

If it arrives so late and the best way to use is having it somewhere in the back it needs something usefull to do. As soviets have the least and most restrictive stock healing by far having the m5 be able to slowly heal is a no brainer imo.
23 Apr 2020, 22:03 PM

Like I said previously either make the Puma a 5 CP call-in but limit it to one, or if they want to remove the limit for them, remove Panzer Tactician from the commander and put Smoke Bombs in instead so panic smoke won't be too oppressive w/Puma spam which OKW already does in 1v1 to some extent. Having Puma's to deal with Valentine + AEC would be helpful as well. Or maybe you tone down either the rate you get vet on the T-70 or maybe how strong the vet is slightly. T-70 should still be better than the Panzer II imo.
24 Apr 2020, 00:06 AM

If it arrives so late and the best way to use is having it somewhere in the back it needs something usefull to do. As soviets have the least and most restrictive stock healing by far having the m5 be able to slowly heal is a no brainer imo.

I have no problem with m5 getting healing. But i think it should lose the ability to heal if you get the quad upgrade

In team games I build one almost every match as soviets, it's worth it for the AA even if it never does anything else

I have no clue why the 251 got healing. Ost didn't need that at all
24 Apr 2020, 05:28 AM

I have no problem with m5 getting healing. But i think it should lose the ability to heal if you get the quad upgrade

In team games I build one almost every match as soviets, it's worth it for the AA even if it never does anything else

I have no clue why the 251 got healing. Ost didn't need that at all

Indeed the quad should cancel healing as it cancels reinforcing already.

Otherwise i am fine with the m5. Just wanted tel why i believe its sees lil use over the t70.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight