Login

russian armor

Comments on Cohrona Cup 2020 - please share!

20 Apr 2020, 05:51 AM

The 5 men section blobbing failed. I think even top players misleadingly thought this meta would work, as i see most Ukf players do 4 sections + 2 engineers. :hyper:

Ost is OP, definitely the most wholesome faction with multiple choice of openings! Early rounds is about Mg42 + assgrens, later rounds is prOstruppen + pgren, then there are 5 men grens blobs. Snipers always present, it seem too oppressive unit for the maps! No need for Tigers. When Panthers are fielded, it was mostly GG time!

Players seem to have Soviet meta countered, and were prepared totally. No soviet dominance. The death of IS2, helps give Ost breathing space to unleash their oppressive choices!

I think Usf is missing, or very underused?

Okw is also very good faction, always have been because of Luch + Puma + 5 men volks. A complete faction. I saw KT fielded more often then what forums think!

Ost > Okw > Sov > Usf > Ukf.

Nicko must feel sick to lose 2 straight finals in a row, the Messi of Coh2!

Asiamint is a great new playa! He seems very composed and get the retreat timings just right. And the push timings on point! Very hard to wipe his forces or hold back his pushes! He can dictates the plays instead of scurring all over the places!

In the end, well done mod team! To face criticism head on and deliver a good round of games.
AE and ed80hertz are great combo!
20 Apr 2020, 06:18 AM

There were too few close matches to make any sweeping statements on balance. Having a bunch of 2-0 matches is as bad as a bunch of 3-0 (gcs) for trying to concluding anything about balance.

I didn't see a lot of USF, but Asiamint finished the tournament using USF. I think it's a matter of map/player choice.

I didn't see anyone blobbing 5 sections, but didn't watch all of the games so it could've happened.
20 Apr 2020, 06:23 AM

5 men IS "blob" did work as it was expected. What didn't work is "not blobbing". That was shown in the second game between Kimbo and Noggano, where Kimbo didn't blob enough, better to say he didn't blob at all and lost. But that's only about UKF vs OST match up.
Between UKF and OKW it looked fine, at least asiamint did it like that.
20 Apr 2020, 06:35 AM

Nope, it did not work as expected, because to gain critical mass and ability takes too long, and Axis will have a P4 out.

Too much attrition against sniper.

Maybe IS blob can work in 4v4 scrub plays, but most good plays countered it so much easier than if fighting Riflemens.
20 Apr 2020, 06:39 AM

As predicted a hotfix was not needed despite the screams of a few certain indivduals saying apparently UKF were unbeatable. Actually this was the first tournement in a long time where all factions got solid use and there was no "meta" pick of any one commander. Ost got a lot of use despite again people saying they were unplayable. Balance a lot better than the last "heavy" meta tournement.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 06:23 AMbulatcr
5 men IS "blob" did work as it was expected. What didn't work is "not blobbing". That was shown in the second game between Kimbo and Noggano, where Kimbo didn't blob enough, better to say he didn't blob at all and lost. But that's only about UKF vs OST match up.
Between UKF and OKW it looked fine, at least asiamint did it like that.

There was the pfc games too, pfc dominated the map vs 5tommy early/mid game and got a wipe or two due to sturm and volk DPS on retreating squads. Only to lose lategame due to poor tank engagements. All in all I'm glad the balance team didn't kneejerk react listening to a vocal minority calling for allies nerfs, tiger buffs etc.
20 Apr 2020, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 06:35 AMmrgame2
Nope, it did not work as expected, because to gain critical mass and ability takes too long, and Axis will have a P4 out.

Too much attrition against sniper.

Maybe IS blob can work in 4v4 scrub plays, but most good plays countered it so much easier than if fighting Riflemens.

Watch game Noggano(UKF) vs Kimbo(OST). Say it again that blob didn't work. If UKF is being played in that way it's kind of dumb and OP.
20 Apr 2020, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 08:08 AMbulatcr

Watch game Noggano(UKF) vs Kimbo(OST). Say it again that blob didn't work. If UKF is being played in that way it's kind of dumb and OP.

I saw that game.
Kimbo under used Ost units with double ostruppen and pioneers, and floating mp. When noggana turned to play Ost, he showed how easy to counter IS blob with Gren blobs.

anyway the finals won by Axis 4 - 1 Allies

lol Axis OP?
20 Apr 2020, 09:01 AM

If syphonX will be as kind as to provide some stat that would be very very helpful.
20 Apr 2020, 09:14 AM

I watched most of it, and I repeat it again, UKF was thrash, and still will be thrash, and the changes were minimal. OST is once again the faction to root for, and is as usual the best faction there is for any game mode.
20 Apr 2020, 09:24 AM

I watched most of it, and I repeat it again, UKF was thrash, and still will be thrash, and the changes were minimal. OST is once again the faction to root for, and is as usual the best faction there is for any game mode.

Yes Ost is strongest faction. Their units work from T0 all the way to call-ins. With the nerf of heavies, you may not even need Tigers.

Pioneer - 5 man grens / ass grens / pgren / ostruppens - Mg42 - snipers. A quick flamer HT rush like noggano. Or a 222 against Usf. tellers before Pak! Then to PIV that fights all the way to T34/85. Else Ostwind + Stug against Ukf blob. If still fighting, get an improved Brumbar. If you see heavy tank, build Panther! If you are up against Pak Howie or Mortar - pWafer! If things still drag on, call in cheap TA!

Every distance, every possibilities, Ost has it covered!
20 Apr 2020, 09:55 AM

I am not sure what are the actual stats, but form my casual play and from what I saw in the tournament, I feel that tommies are strong early with 5 men, but especially against okw late game they are not that strong because bren upgrade is not that powerfull.
20 Apr 2020, 10:15 AM

I don't agree with this. UKF was not trash. Definitely stronger than the last tournaments in which they really were trash and barely won a game.

The games UKF lost were more due to player errors. Same as the games in which UKF won. Seemed pretty balanced overall.

The problem of UKF is more that they are forced to spam Infantry Sections because there is no other competitive strategy available. That's the reason so many people complain about UKF because all they see is Infantry Section spam.

I don't think this is ever going to get fixed though. UKF is either strong because of OP infantry sections or they are bad because infantry sections aren't OP.
20 Apr 2020, 10:21 AM

That is why i say aec should not lock out bofors! Both should be unlockable. Just pay the resources mate!

I saw some players build mortar pit. But since all chose aec, so no bofors.
20 Apr 2020, 10:21 AM

I'm stuck between complaining about OKW being UP after the Tiger nerf and celebrating seeing Ostheer in almost every game (hell even I went Ostheer).

I'll just say I'm glad to see Ostheer back. Most fun faction in the game imo. Looking forward to the June cup. AE better call it Operation Barbarossa.
20 Apr 2020, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 10:21 AMmrgame2
That is why i say aec should not lock out bofors! Both should be unlockable. Just pay the resources mate!

I saw some players build mortar pit. But since all chose aec, so no bofors.

I agree with this. The bofors is not that good by itself - having it also lock out the AEC just makes it a no-brainer to skip entirely.
20 Apr 2020, 10:41 AM

Also we can see the 2 different play style of the 2 winners

luvnest is all about knowing the maps well, probing for openings and then he attacks.

asiamint is all about composure and making every skirmish pay-offs. Consolidating forces and taking risks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★