Login

russian armor

Tommy shouldn't have received the moving accuracy buff

20 Apr 2020, 02:12 AM

Tommy is a conditionally strong unit in the cover, should not be strong unit in the open ground

They have a higher -RA bonus than any other infantry, and Lee-enfield has a fairly strong stat

The moving accuracy buff is not even compatible with the bren they use.

Does the mod team know that giving a moving accuracy buff means this unit will be able to blob on open ground?

Why does the mod team keep trying to break existing concepts?

Tommy is not rifleman

And as I always say, bolster upgrade timing is too fast
I would like to move this upgrade to Company CP
20 Apr 2020, 03:27 AM

there are feedback about it and many people doesnt like the moving acc buff.

i personaly prefer they get back 0.8 RA out of cover and keep the DPS, moving acc the same, or make it 0,85/0,75 - out/in cover. Then take a further step toward the officer direction to fill the assault role, like change he to ass sections and limit to 2. But this is what we have now.
20 Apr 2020, 10:47 AM

I am also not a fan of the moving accuracy change as it saps more diversity away. I think they should have looked into diversifying the upgrade paths and found a way to adjust Tommie chase potential in that way (5 man squad removes penalty like recon upgrade did in coh:of for example) and looked at volks hardcounteirng the entire Brit t0 after okw places their first truck so they could play for more than the first minute with the cover penalty.
20 Apr 2020, 10:50 AM

I am also not a fan of the moving accuracy change as it saps more diversity away. I think they should have looked into diversifying the upgrade paths and found a way to adjust Tommie chase potential in that way (5 man squad removes penalty like recon upgrade did in coh:of for example) and looked at volks hardcounteirng the entire Brit t0 after okw places their first truck so they could play for more than the first minute with the cover penalty.

OKW doesn't counter the entire Brit T0. It's the UKF T0 countering Volksgrenadiers with Sections, MG and UC. Not sure what you are on about thinking Volksgrenadiers counter UKF T0?

20 Apr 2020, 10:53 AM

The out of cover/in cover crap needs to end, the design has clearly failed. They need to turn sections into normal infantry.
20 Apr 2020, 10:56 AM

OKW doesn't counter the entire Brit T0. It's the UKF T0 countering Volksgrenadiers with Sections, MG and UC. Not sure what you are on about thinking Volksgrenadiers counter UKF T0?

T?0 units include 2 units that need to be in cover to work effectively and 1 vehicle fighting a cheaper unit that can deny cover and snare vehicles....

Its not Brummbär vs shocks level of counter but its "if rng willeth ye be fucked" counter.
Your Tommie don't burst down a model giving them the best chance of fighting down volks? Get out of that cover and try and find some new cover or torch.
Vickers did as vickers does and DOES burst down a model but doesn't suppress? Pack up, run home because it ain't fighting anymore...
Uc ziged when you told it to zag because of wonky pathfinding? Crawl back home!
20 Apr 2020, 10:58 AM

The out of cover/in cover crap needs to end, the design has clearly failed. They need to turn sections into normal infantry.

Would you mind explaining how the cover bonus has failed?
20 Apr 2020, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 10:58 AMA table

Would you mind explaining how the cover bonus has failed?

It has failed because it's impossible to balance.

You either get the previous patch Sections which are OP in cover and trash out of cover and the faction is UP, or the current patch sections which are OP in cover and good out of cover and the faction is OP.

Just turn them into normal infantry and properly balance them, everyone will be happy to see that.
20 Apr 2020, 11:00 AM

T?0 units include 2 units that need to be in cover to work effectively and 1 vehicle fighting a cheaper unit that can deny cover and snare vehicles....

Its not Brummbär vs shocks level of counter but its "if rng willeth ye be fucked" counter.
Your Tommie don't burst down a model giving them the best chance of fighting down volks? Get out of that cover and try and find some new cover or torch.
Vickers did as vickers does and DOES burst down a model but doesn't suppress? Pack up, run home because it ain't fighting anymore...
Uc ziged when you told it to zag because of wonky pathfinding? Crawl back home!

So confused as to what you are even trying to say.

I think you live in a fantasy world if you think Volksgrenadiers counter UKF T0 units but I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
20 Apr 2020, 11:03 AM

You either get the previous patch Sections which are OP in cover and trash out of cover and the faction is UP, or the current patch sections which are OP in cover and good out of cover and the faction is OP.

Just turn them into normal infantry and properly balance them, everyone will be happy to see that.

Relic won't allow that, just like giving UKF non-doctrinal indirect fire. Claiming current UKF is OP after the last tournaments is complete BS and not based on more than your own personal opinion.
20 Apr 2020, 11:06 AM

Relic won't allow that

Pretty sure Relic doesn't care about cover bonus.

Claiming current UKF is OP after the last tournaments is complete BS

that's your personal opinion
20 Apr 2020, 11:08 AM

Tommies cover bonus can be salvaged and it is not the cause of problem, it work for ostruppen for instance.

The rout of problem lies more to all the nobrainer upgrade tommies have available to them like bolster/medic/pyro weapon upgrades.

UKF would become allot more easier to balance if this buffes become side-grades instead of upgrade.

For instance:
Bolster becomes a individual upgrade taking up a weapons while tommies have cost reduce to 260
Pyro becomes an upgrade giving scope Enfields and taking up all slot while removing cover mechanism
Medic upgrade replace one entity with medic armed with a pistol
and so on
20 Apr 2020, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 11:08 AMVipper

Tommies cover bonus can be salvaged and it is not the cause of problem, it work for ostruppen for instance.

The rout of problem lies more to all the nobrainer upgrade tommies have available to them like bolster/medic/pyro weapon upgrades.

UKF would become allot more easier to balance if this buffes become side-grades instead of upgrade.

For instance:
Bolster becomes a individual upgrade taking up a weapons while tommies have cost reduce to 260
Pyro becomes an upgrade giving scope Enfields and taking up all slot while removing cover mechanism
and so on

I refrain from suggesting such changes because I've been told Relic is very clear on not making big changes to UKF, so I focus more on small changes like removing the cover bonus. Not saying your idea is wrong, just probably not allowed to be implemented by Relic.
20 Apr 2020, 11:10 AM

that's your opinion

No it's a reasonable statement if you try to look at the last tournaments without being completely biased and agenda-driven.

If UKF was OP as you claim where are the insane WR%, where is the UKF dominance?

Instead they didn't win a game in the finals. As I said the UKF losses were not because UKF is bad but because of player error. But the same was also true for the UKF wins.

Even OKW had many many wins vs UKF in the tournaments even though some people claimed UKF is unbeatable by OKW.
20 Apr 2020, 11:11 AM

No it's a reasonable statement

No it's not, it's your opinion. My opinion is that UKF is OP, your opinion is that UKF is fine. We both have arguments and have made them already. I don't need to hear them again from you and they're not the topic of this thread.

Agree to disagree and move on.
20 Apr 2020, 11:38 AM

I refrain from suggesting such changes because I've been told Relic is very clear on not making big changes to UKF, so I focus more on small changes like removing the cover bonus. Not saying your idea is wrong, just probably not allowed to be implemented by Relic.

Imo the introduction of the officer and cover changes where allot bigger but that is just me.

Funny thing is that I did pointed out that the combination of cover bonus and ability like assault and advance cover bonus where recipes for problems.

Another issue is that Tommies once upgunned again get bad DPS since the bren does not fire on the move. That can be even seen in the tournament since allot of people did not even bothered with brens as far I saw.
20 Apr 2020, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 11:08 AMVipper

For instance:
and so on

prety much this, but i will give the medic model a weak rifle instead, for the cosmetic feelling. Also, i'll want another upgrade forcus in bren section, like a nondrop bren can fire on the move
20 Apr 2020, 12:03 PM

So confused as to what you are even trying to say.

I think you live in a fantasy world if you think Volksgrenadiers counter UKF T0 units but I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

i think his mean is Volk have the tools to counter all UK T0, but have to be used right.
20 Apr 2020, 12:12 PM

prety much this, but i will give the medic model a weak rifle instead, for the cosmetic feelling. Also, i'll want another upgrade forcus in bren section, like a nondrop bren can fire on the move

Bren long accuracy is too good to be fired on the move but there is another option.

Bren can be redesigned to be more like the BAR and be fired on the move while vicker-K could become stock and limited to 4 men squad only.
20 Apr 2020, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 12:12 PMVipper

Bren long accuracy is too good to be fired on the move but there is another option.

Bren can be redesigned to be more like the BAR and be fired on the move while vicker-K could become stock and limited to 4 men squad only.

viker K doesnt need to be stock. If bren is reworked to be BAR - like, forcus on mid to close range, the long range DPS role can be take by pyro sections with scope enfield.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★