Login

russian armor

Target size of Hetzer is 15???

16 Apr 2020, 23:37 PM

Hi, can someone explain to me why the target size of flammen panzer is set as 15? while t70 is at 18? if this is true it explains why this is so much harder to kill then say a kv8, while having less armor.Can we please have standardized target sizes?

I looked up at coh2db.com for stats. I know its outdated, so please correct me if I am wrong
17 Apr 2020, 05:51 AM

Yep, its size 15. It is pretty small. Shows up late, has only 180 armor and 640 HP as a flame tank. Generally, the problem is no one expects the Hetzer. It's on a single REALLY broadcasty build, so just spot and be ready.
17 Apr 2020, 06:19 AM

Yep, its size 15. It is pretty small. Shows up late, has only 180 armor and 640 HP as a flame tank. Generally, the problem is no one expects the Hetzer. It's on a single REALLY broadcasty build, so just spot and be ready.

idk about you but okw can really rush shwere HQ, you know?
and this is not a valid reason for this little target size. all the medums show up late by your definition then :)
even jadpanzer has more target size then this.
17 Apr 2020, 06:33 AM

Yea. I just dont have a strong opinion on it. Size is small, but it is built on a light tank. Its just a casemate light tank, basically a brick of steel.
17 Apr 2020, 06:36 AM

The old hetzer in coh1 was also hard to hit!
17 Apr 2020, 11:29 AM

Yea. I just dont have a strong opinion on it. Size is small, but it is built on a light tank. Its just a casemate light tank, basically a brick of steel.

but this game isn't built on reality. target size should be increased to reflect some standardization across all vehicles of this type. like I said if it is a light tank then t70 has target size of 18.
17 Apr 2020, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2020, 06:36 AMmrgame2
The old hetzer in coh1 was also hard to hit!

in coh1 tiger was an end game tank too. Does this mean we get that same stuff and mechanics in coh2 as well? i simply asked for an explanation for such low target size, which I am thinking there's none.
17 Apr 2020, 11:33 AM

Regardless of target size Hezter gets hit by many more collision than T-70 because it is case mate and has to face enemy units.

There is nothing wrong the target size of the unit or the target size of the T-70.
17 Apr 2020, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2020, 11:33 AMVipper
Regardless of target size Hezter gets hit by many more collision than T-70 because it is case mate and has to face enemy units.

There is nothing wrong the target size of the unit or the target size of the T-70.

I am not saying anything is wrong with the target size of t70. i am just saying hetzer has been enjoying low target size for no reason. it should be brought to the same level to jadpanzer, both being casemate and similar body.
17 Apr 2020, 14:18 PM

I am not saying anything is wrong with the target size of t70. i am just saying hetzer has been enjoying low target size for no reason. it should be brought to the same level to jadpanzer, both being casemate and similar body.

No it should not, the unit does need any nerf.

It is already an average unit with a sort range and not turret. If something it should have its rear armored increase since it exposes it even without bad play.

As for comparison with JT that has range 60 it does not have the armor it has.

And for a real life comparison although has little relevance hezter was extremely small using Panzer 38 chassis (Length 6.38 m ,Width 2.63 m, Height 2.17 m) than Jagdpanzer that used the PzIV chasis (Length 8.5 m, Width 3.17 m,Height 1.85 m)
17 Apr 2020, 21:38 PM

Apparently it has a smaller target size than even a Luchs (18, same as t-70; stuart is 19).

At least, going off coh2db.com.
17 Apr 2020, 21:55 PM

i am just saying hetzer has been enjoying low target size for no reason.

And who are you to pass judgement that the Hetzer's target size is unjustified? I don't see any arguments anywhere.
18 Apr 2020, 01:50 AM

And who are you to pass judgement that the Hetzer's target size is unjustified? I don't see any arguments anywhere.
its really crazy to me how some ppl on here try to defend there hearts out for there most used faction even if something is op or very odd they will try to defend it as much as they can... sometimes it gets really annoying. but anyways I kiinda agree with acid I always thought same thing why is it so small and so damn hard to hit? I feel the size should also be changed to a more normal size. its not meant to be a decoy or a fast evading unit like t70 or luch. its easier to hit a m3 scout car then a hetzer
18 Apr 2020, 02:23 AM

Hetzer is a hot unit, nerf it.
18 Apr 2020, 04:28 AM

its really crazy to me how some ppl on here try to defend there hearts out for there most used faction even if something is op
except flame hetzer isnt OP so...
18 Apr 2020, 05:51 AM

Permanently Banned
IF IT IS TRUE that the flame hetzer has a target size of 15, it's definitely an anomaly. However nobody has said that the unit is OP. Even the original poster didn't say it's OP, he's just alleging that the target size is small. The doctrine is quite underused at the moment and we rarely hear any complaints about the unit. The unit may be lacking in another area that makes up for the small target size. So, in conclusion, don't touch what isn't broken.
18 Apr 2020, 06:18 AM

I am a coh2 player just like you. you don't need to be top tier player to point out something that is out of the
ordinary.

No arguments anywhere because apparently no one had noticed this before.

P.S I never said it was unjustified. i asked the reason behind this decision and shared my sentiment that why perhaps it was the reason it was harder to hit this unit.
18 Apr 2020, 06:24 AM

just seing in the new patch the size of mediums reduced from 22 to 20 has allowed so many shots to miss and made medium tank play more viable. target size is an important value and it must be standardised. someone here needs to figure out in which category hetzer lies in and then adjust the size appropriately.
18 Apr 2020, 06:27 AM

IF IT IS TRUE that the flame hetzer has a target size of 15, it's definitely an anomaly. However nobody has said that the unit is OP. Even the original poster didn't say it's OP, he's just alleging that the target size is small. The doctrine is quite underused at the moment and we rarely hear any complaints about the unit. The unit may be lacking in another area that makes up for the small target size. So, in conclusion, don't touch what isn't broken.

hi, it is a 90 fuel unit. even if not OP we should discuss the unit not the doctrine.
18 Apr 2020, 06:29 AM

Permanently Banned

hi, it is a 90 fuel unit. even if not OP we should discuss the unit not the doctrine.

Well, find someone else who thinks the unit is OP because I haven't seen complaints about this unit in years.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★