Login

russian armor

LOL why build heavy tanks anymore?

12 Apr 2020, 18:52 PM

I'd like to see a sight reduction to the su85 and Jackson in effectiveness against heavies and inversely a buff for the Panther against them but aside from That agree they are mostly in a good place. The units themselves perform well enough, but the counters are a bit out of alignment imho

So... jackson should have LESS sight then ANY other unit in game? Even LESS then tanks its supposed to fight?

SU-85 focused sight might not be best ability, but the unit is rather quite reliant on it.
12 Apr 2020, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 18:52 PMKatitof

So... jackson should have LESS sight then ANY other unit in game? Even LESS then tanks its supposed to fight?

SU-85 focused sight might not be best ability, but the unit is rather quite reliant on it.

That was my error, I meant SLIGHT. I'll edit the post for clarity, sorry.
12 Apr 2020, 19:04 PM

Now it makes more sense in the context, rather then grammer brainfart.
12 Apr 2020, 19:14 PM
Donator 11

So basically a KT.

KT is much worse than Tiger 1. It didn't have the AI of Tiger 1 per shot and its slower rate of fire and turret speed and target ready aim speed made it much worse. Something is very wrong with the KT. Given how easy it is to score rear hits due to its hit box and its uber slow in every way, its health pool is kinda low. It's much easier to destroy a KT than a Tiger 1.
12 Apr 2020, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 19:14 PMspajn

KT is much worse than Tiger 1. It didn't have the AI of Tiger 1 per shot and its slower rate of fire and turret speed and target ready aim speed made it much worse. Something is very wrong with the KT. Given how easy it is to score rear hits due to its hit box and its uber slow in every way, its health pool is kinda low. It's much easier to destroy a KT than a Tiger 1.

Well then, you're in luck, because you no longer need to choose!
You can now ignore both and keep to meds.
12 Apr 2020, 19:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 19:17 PMKatitof

Well then, you're in luck, because you no longer need to choose!
You can now ignore both and keep to meds.

So you think only t34s and p4 is good for the game? k
12 Apr 2020, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 19:33 PMspajn

So you think only t34s and p4 is good for the game? k

Its certainly better then the deus ex machina meta we had up until now, at least there is a very healthy variety of meds to choose from.
12 Apr 2020, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 19:14 PMspajn
It didn't have the AI of Tiger 1 per shot

The Tiger II has only slightly worse scatter but a much larger AOE. It will quite reliably take down 30-50% health of an enemy squad (even if they're spread out) per hit and the reload is very good for a 240 damage weapon (only 1s slower than the Tiger I). It's definitely better against infantry than the Tiger I per shot, although it's worse at chasing and wiping squads. Vet 1 Spearhead mode eliminates most of the turret rotation issues as well as the vet 2 bonus.

It's not as good a generalist heavy as the Tiger/IS-2/Pershing obviously but it's very good at locking down a certain part of the map and acting like a damage sponge while dishing out a lot of damage itself. Backed up by some ATGs or JP4s it's very tough to beat.
12 Apr 2020, 19:46 PM
Donator 11

The Tiger II has only slightly worse scatter but a much larger AOE. It will quite reliably take down 30-50% health of an enemy squad (even if they're spread out) per hit and the reload is very good for a 240 damage weapon (only 1s slower than the Tiger I). It's definitely better against infantry than the Tiger I per shot, although it's worse at chasing and wiping squads. Vet 1 Spearhead mode eliminates most of the turret rotation issues as well as the vet 2 bonus.

It's not as good a generalist heavy as the Tiger/IS-2/Pershing obviously but it's very good at locking down a certain part of the map and acting like a damage sponge while dishing out a lot of damage itself. Backed up by some ATGs or JP4s it's very tough to beat.

I have seen a stationary KT miss shot after shot doing zero damage against infantry where as Tiger 1 will 90% of all shots do damage to infantry if stationary.
12 Apr 2020, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 19:35 PMKatitof

Its certainly better then the deus ex machina meta we had up until now, at least there is a very healthy variety of meds to choose from.

panzer 4 and panzer 3? Oh i forgot that relic never got around of doing panzer 3... so i guess its panzer 4 forever now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★