Login

russian armor

Ram + Offmap combo needs to be nerfed

PAGES (13)down
11 Jun 2020, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 20:16 PMVipper
Actaully ram could replace cap as vet 1 ability for T-34/76 and T-34/85 could get something better.

I like this notion especially a lot, kind of like the equivalent of Blitz for P4s
11 Jun 2020, 09:28 AM

snip

Dodging direct argument confrontation by discrediting your opponent and qualify them as "no-life simpletons" is quite pretentious and not in line with the goal of a forum, so you can leave now. That's not the first time you look down on people with your "understanding of the human kind". If you can't understand that a game is like social/mathematical problem which requires time and understanding by looking at how it work and how it makes people interact, you can't understand the complexity of balancing a game. And if it looks like a cycle, maybe the balance is achieve, like most of greater games do (SC2,LOL,ect...). You have no legitimity of speaking which could make you dodge the argument and grant you the absolute truth.

11 Jun 2020, 10:27 AM

Dodging direct argument confrontation by discrediting your opponent and qualify them as "no-life simpletons" is quite pretentious and not in line with the goal of a forum, so you can leave now. That's not the first time you look down on people with your "understanding of the human kind". If you can't understand that a game is like social/mathematical problem which requires time and understanding by looking at how it work and how it makes people interact, you can't understand the complexity of balancing a game. And if it looks like a cycle, maybe the balance is achieve, like most of greater games do (SC2,LOL,ect...). You have no legitimity of speaking which could make you dodge the argument and grant you the absolute truth.

I didn't plan to respond to any message but will clarify. Game is a mathematical problem. Social problem is only in terms of ranks. It is a mathematical problem which has no solution and cycling the "meta" is not balancing. It's cycling. I do not understand humans, at all. I am a pretty simple person. I know physics, mathematics, volleyball, swimming and loving my girlfriend and my parents. That's it. I have some general quiz knowledge, nothing special but seeing the recommendations here about the "balance" is pretty tragicomic. Leave the balance to the team behind the patches. That's all
11 Jun 2020, 10:37 AM

Just replace Ram by Blietz like ost have and everyone will be happy. Germans never will see ram+rocket or il-2 bombs combo, while soviets will get usefull vet1 ability. Even if cap territory will be remove it will be good trade.
11 Jun 2020, 13:18 PM

Maybe Elefant doctrine shouldn't have Stuka bomb drop and both ISU-152 doctrine will also get rid of IL2 bombing run.

But the question is: if we remove them that what are we gonna replace with?

11 Jun 2020, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 13:18 PMKyle
Maybe Elefant doctrine shouldn't have Stuka bomb drop and both ISU-152 doctrine will also get rid of IL2 bombing run.

But the question is: if we remove them that what are we gonna replace with?

Depend how much one want to nerf the commanders.

For Jaeger one can replace it with :
Light artillery barrage
Incendiary bombing run (that needs to be look at anyway)
breakthrough equipment
Stuka anti infatry strafe
Antitankgun Ambush tactics (similar to Soviets)
Relief infatry (that could use some changes)

For Soviets
Advance fortifications
Reckon overflight
Incendiary artillery
M-42 ATG
Fear propaganda (?)
IL-2 strafe run (not loiter)
Rapid conscription (that could see some changes)
A smoke barrage

11 Jun 2020, 13:56 PM

My solution would be to introduce a joint cooldown on all abilities that become OP when they overlap. It would be better than nerfing them, as then they may become completely useless. For example, I would make sure that once mark target is used, a player cannot use ram or off map stafes (maybe all, or just some of them), until mark target finishes. Such cooldown could be set to regulate the cheese between some/all abilities. It only should only be decided which abiities would be mutually exclusive.
11 Jun 2020, 16:14 PM

My solution would be to introduce a joint cooldown on all abilities that become OP when they overlap. It would be better than nerfing them, as then they may become completely useless. For example, I would make sure that once mark target is used, a player cannot use ram or off map stafes (maybe all, or just some of them), until mark target finishes. Such cooldown could be set to regulate the cheese between some/all abilities. It only should only be decided which abiities would be mutually exclusive.

Miracle idea...

Some of best combos:

1. Stun shot + AT stuka
2. AI strafe + cluster bombs
3. Combined arms + rangers with zooks
4. Ram + AT artillery (from defend and nkvd commander), much easier to exploit than il-2 bombs and il2 rockets

And it's only 1vs1 combos, in 2vs2 this list will be much longer.
11 Jun 2020, 16:23 PM

Some funny moment that is Ram looks very, very weak ability between others and it's not consider that most of german tanks have blitz and Ram as it is have restriction for use. It strong only in several commanders with specific off-map.

IMHO better make poll for players: "Do you want replace Ram for T-34s by another ability?" Yes/No
I think many people say yes (mostly su fans).

11 Jun 2020, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 16:14 PMMaret

Miracle idea...

Some of best combos:

1. Stun shot + AT stuka
2. AI strafe + cluster bombs
3. Combined arms + rangers with zooks
4. Ram + AT artillery (from defend and nkvd commander), much easier to exploit than il-2 bombs and il2 rockets

And it's only 1vs1 combos, in 2vs2 this list will be much longer.

I thought of ram+mark target+off map. Imho that is too much. If you mark target sth, offmap planes should be unavailable. You could leave ram with mark target. Anyway, my idea would be to generally analyse the OPness of such combos and decide which are ok and which are too much. Then decide which combos to leave. Rather than nerf them. The result would be that some abilities will have to "wait" until some other ability finishes.
11 Jun 2020, 23:03 PM

some are better than others, none of 'em is op

damn, even rammed a 3. stupa. forgot to capture it
12 Jun 2020, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 23:03 PMBaba
some are better than others, none of 'em is op

damn, even rammed a 3. stupa. forgot to capture it

A great video (as always). To add some new idea to the discussion, one could also think of how those offmaps affect your own tanks. The ramming t34 (I think the second ram in the film) seemed to have been much less affected by the rockets than the stupa. I guess it would be better if they were damaged equally. Having a risk involved to your own units might be a really good balancing factor to those off-maps in general. Players would have to think of their own units before placing such off maps close to them.
12 Jun 2020, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's talk about balance, not metabalance (or anything else for that matter).
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Mexico 21
unknown 11
Germany 230
New Zealand 12
Peru 2
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #