Login

russian armor

Demolition charges can be placed near capture points

27 Mar 2020, 19:21 PM
Modmaker Badge

Demolition charges can be planted near capture points, which shouldn't be possible since December 2017 Patch.

Here's a screenshot for proof. It's quite easy bug to replicate, so I encourage anybody to do so.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1009310346914067764/7BF732CE09B19B4A279CD95DAEAC54F0497E4BA8/

Reason: I guess this was accidentally reverted at some point? Neither Combat Engineer's nor Commandos version of this ability have any requirements against placing them near capture points. The only requirement they have right now is for open terrain.

Solution: I don't know what was the original implementation, but if it can't be replicated for some reason, then adding "near_entity" requirements for each type of capture point with proper radius should work.

There was a discussion in another thread about how prohibiting planting demo charges in capture points should be reverted since they can now be detected by any infantry. I faintly recalled that I could plant demos near points, but figured that it was reverted somewhere along the line in the past 2 years. However patch notes don't mention it anywhere, so I guess this is unintended behaviour? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27 Mar 2020, 20:41 PM

Wait what?

I though this is intentional, since they are visible across half the map without sweepers anyway

Well, thx for info :thumbsup:
27 Mar 2020, 20:47 PM
Modmaker Badge

Wait what?

I though this is intentional, since they are visible across half the map without sweepers anyway

Well, thx for info :thumbsup:

After coming back to CoH2 after almost a year-long break, I also thought this was intentional, but apparently not.
28 Mar 2020, 00:07 AM

Is it like that for all points now? Cause I've had times where I try to demo a bunker that's too close to a point and it doesn't let me. So it was definitely working at one point. Hasn't happened in a while though

The capture point nerf was overkill. It's completely unnecessary if the charges can already be detected by anyone
28 Mar 2020, 02:57 AM

The capture point nerf was overkill. It's completely unnecessary if the charges can already be detected by anyone

Actually its a QoL change since it forces you to change view of map to shoot it. Also being hard to click is super tedious.

For the title : Yes demos currently can be placed (even on to) capture points.
28 Mar 2020, 06:34 AM
Modmaker Badge

Is it like that for all points now? Cause I've had times where I try to demo a bunker that's too close to a point and it doesn't let me. So it was definitely working at one point. Hasn't happened in a while though

I haven't checked for every point on every map, but it should be plantable everywhere. All the ability does at the moment is pretty much just: "Is the location free of any obstructions? If yes, you can place a demo charge there."

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 02:57 AMJilet

Actually its a QoL change since it forces you to change view of map to shoot it. Also being hard to click is super tedious.

For the title : Yes demos currently can be placed (even on to) capture points.

They can, but according to patch notes - they shouldn't. It wasn't mentioned in any patch notes, so it was either a ninja-change or accident.
28 Mar 2020, 19:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Might be related to the sandbag near capture point bug?

28 Mar 2020, 19:50 PM
Modmaker Badge

Might be related to the sandbag near capture point bug?

What is that bug exactly? From what I can see in Attribute Editor, there are no restrictions on placing demo charges on strategic points. I'd say that the most likely scenario is that the correct requirement actions were there, but were accidentally removed at some point, but perhaps they are connected.
28 Mar 2020, 20:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 19:50 PMOlekman

What is that bug exactly? From what I can see in Attribute Editor, there are no restrictions on placing demo charges on strategic points. I'd say that the most likely scenario is that the correct requirement actions were there, but were accidentally removed at some point, but perhaps they are connected.

Not necessarily talking about demo requirements but that certain strategic points have different properties, at least hitbox wise (?).
Ex: Munition and fuel points are not able to have sandbags been built on top of them while normal strategic points allow.
28 Mar 2020, 20:55 PM
Modmaker Badge

Not necessarily talking about demo requirements but that certain strategic points have different properties, at least hitbox wise (?).
Ex: Munition and fuel points are not able to have sandbags been built on top of them while normal strategic points allow.

After a quick look, it doesn't really seem to me like these two are connected in any way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★