Login

russian armor

Intel bulletins

24 Mar 2020, 21:38 PM

Lootbox arrived later in conjunction with the cash system, but wasn't it hinted to be something which was gonna be done prior to release?

Wasn't one of the incentives for pre ordering some sort of "cash" which was later dropped ?

Not really, commanders were exclusive monetization method, I'm not even 100% certain about skins.
Then WFA dropped and we've got drops.
24 Mar 2020, 21:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 21:38 PMKatitof

Not really, commanders were exclusive monetization method, I'm not even 100% certain about skins.
Then WFA dropped and we've got drops.

Yes, that's how it was done.
I'm talking about THQ levels of pre order and announcements. Before the company was bankrupt.
24 Mar 2020, 22:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was not crazy.

https://www.neowin.net/news/company-of-heroes-2-steam-pre-orders-to-unlock-bonuses/

The second tier of special unlocks will give pre-orders a Steam game code for a free digital download of Relic's Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution. Finally, the third unlock will add more in-game content to Company of Heroes 2, including an XP and unit boos, a commander archtype and some extra in-game currency that can be used to purchase more content down the road.

PD: not necessarily a "lootbox" system but 90% sure how it would had ended since that was the furor at that time.
24 Mar 2020, 22:22 PM

I was not crazy.

https://www.neowin.net/news/company-of-heroes-2-steam-pre-orders-to-unlock-bonuses/

PD: not necessarily a "lootbox" system but 90% sure how it would had ended since that was the furor at that time.

I believe that was still for commanders and maybe ToW was planned too.

Many studios opt for hard currency instead of direct purchases(as it was at first with Sega monetization) as its much easier to change and balance prices for hard currency in game.
25 Mar 2020, 07:29 AM

I distinctly recall a "Commissar Chest" being one of the various THQ pre-order bonuses - of course, we'll never know exactly what they meant by it.

On the actual topic, I agree with Katitof, Dawn of War III's "bulletins" were perfect and exactly what I wanted from our current lacking implementation. I sincerely miss Dawn of War III, it was probably Relic's best-designed RTS in a lot of ways.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★